Author Topic: Political Graphics II  (Read 827072 times)

Online corbe

Re: Political Graphics II
« Reply #4900 on: October 06, 2021, 03:43:48 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4901 on: October 06, 2021, 11:48:27 pm »
@Bigun

The name is right on the tip of my tongue.

"Hurry" somebodie?

I'm not going out on a limb for that.  Aw.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #4902 on: October 07, 2021, 01:14:32 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4903 on: October 07, 2021, 02:46:17 am »
Perhaps a more recent photo would help.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #4904 on: October 07, 2021, 08:20:59 am »

I spoke with him many times during those days.  Do you know who it is?

I was there. This was during the '92 RNC at the Astrodome in Houston. What a fun and exhausting week. I even made the national news that week (CNN :shrug:) being briefly interviewed at a fundraising Congressional Cruise.

BTW, Dan Patrick, our present Lt. Governor, owns KSEV. This 1999 piece might be an interesting read for Houstonians or anyone who is interested to know how Dan Patrick became successful enough to have that "mystery radio broadcaster" sitting in the KSEV booth during the '92 RNC. As you might expect, the piece leans snarky.
https://www.houstonpress.com/news/gods-plan-6567124

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #4905 on: October 07, 2021, 11:54:17 am »

I spoke with him many times during those days.  Do you know who it is?

I really miss that man
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #4906 on: October 07, 2021, 12:31:55 pm »

That was fast.

It was an easy tell. Ya know being on 60 Minutes.
Guess the concerned lady will not be Senator afterall.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 12:38:39 pm by Slide Rule »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online Kamaji

« Reply #4907 on: October 07, 2021, 01:09:37 pm »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #4908 on: October 07, 2021, 01:10:48 pm »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #4909 on: October 07, 2021, 01:12:20 pm »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4910 on: October 07, 2021, 01:42:54 pm »
I was there. This was during the '92 RNC at the Astrodome in Houston. What a fun and exhausting week. I even made the national news that week (CNN :shrug:) being briefly interviewed at a fundraising Congressional Cruise.

BTW, Dan Patrick, our present Lt. Governor, owns KSEV. This 1999 piece might be an interesting read for Houstonians or anyone who is interested to know how Dan Patrick became successful enough to have that "mystery radio broadcaster" sitting in the KSEV booth during the '92 RNC. As you might expect, the piece leans snarky.
https://www.houstonpress.com/news/gods-plan-6567124

Well heck @AllThatJazzZ You and I may be personally acquainted. I only missed one Republican state convention in Texas between 1988 and 2014 (My daughter was in the hospital).

As to Dan Patrick (not his birth name), I have known him since the days he was the weatherman on channel 11 in Houston and painted himself blue for Oilers football games.  He and his longtime partner, former state senator Mike Richards bought the then nearly defunct KSEV, changed the format to talk and that was that.  Both are still friends of mine and, if you are a long-time listener, you have heard me on there many times.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 01:52:01 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4911 on: October 07, 2021, 01:44:00 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4912 on: October 07, 2021, 01:46:21 pm »
Both of us @godblessRonaldReagan

Same here.  Can't imagine how he would be opining on what has been the most inept government in our history.  Am thinking Levin, but with infinitely more biting sarcasm.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4913 on: October 07, 2021, 01:46:48 pm »
I really miss that man

@godblessRonaldReagan

I don't think there has ever been anyone who put the left into screaming fits like he did. I am guessing he was even responsible for multiple strokes.

Good on him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4914 on: October 07, 2021, 01:51:14 pm »

Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4915 on: October 07, 2021, 01:54:46 pm »
Same here.  Can't imagine how he would be opining on what has been the most inept government in our history.

I, too, would love to hear what Rush would have to say @catfish1957   But, I don't think he'd call this administration "inept"  ---- just look at what they've accomplished in eight months.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4916 on: October 07, 2021, 02:02:01 pm »
I, too, would love to hear what Rush would have to say @catfish1957   But, I don't think he'd call this administration "inept"  ---- just look at what they've accomplished in eight months.

Yeah, I guess "inept" is just a matter of perspective.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4917 on: October 07, 2021, 02:07:40 pm »

The people actually running things now have been planning for this opportunity for a LONG time now and they dotted all the eves and crossed all the tees.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4918 on: October 07, 2021, 02:36:26 pm »
As to Dan Patrick (not his birth name), I have known him since the days he was the weatherman on channel 11 in Houston and painted himself blue for Oilers football games.  He and his longtime partner, former state senator Mike Richards bought the then nearly defunct KSEV, changed the format to talk and that was that.  Both are still friends of mine and, if you are a long-time listener, you have heard me on there many times.

Whatever became of "Marrrr-vin Zindler - Eyewitness News !"
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4919 on: October 07, 2021, 02:39:26 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4920 on: October 07, 2021, 02:42:19 pm »
Marvin passed years ago. @Hoodat

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/houstonchronicle/name/marvin-zindler-obituary?pid=91766236

I once worked at a restaurant in Houston near the Summit.  Our biggest fear was that Marvin Zindler would walk in the door.  Once day, he finally did.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4921 on: October 07, 2021, 02:43:48 pm »
Rush - The Spirit Of Radio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_QtO0Rhp0w

Great video.  Best alarm clock song ever.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4922 on: October 07, 2021, 02:54:56 pm »
I once worked at a restaurant in Houston near the Summit.  Our biggest fear was that Marvin Zindler would walk in the door.  Once day, he finally did.

Did he find:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #4923 on: October 07, 2021, 03:02:24 pm »
Great video.  Best alarm clock song ever.

Still saddens me there will never be another Rush Album, Concert or Song ever again.  Seeing them in 1981 was the best concert experience of my entire life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4924 on: October 07, 2021, 03:05:50 pm »
Still saddens me there will never be another Rush Album, Concert or Song ever again.  Seeing them in 1981 was the best concert experience of my entire life.

I feel that way about ELP.... :crying:

At least I got to see them a few times in concert.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: