Author Topic: Political Graphics II  (Read 827067 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Political Graphics II
« Reply #4825 on: October 03, 2021, 02:26:13 pm »

This is a great post, one an independent minded person can be amused by.

I think this is the post that got me banned yesterday from another site. I didn't post This is War
meme. A week ban. No doubt Mike, the owner, found out I am older than dirt. I have a friend there,
114,000 posts who walked away mid October. Walked away clean.

Censorship has control of the pool minded community. It is no surprise that pool guys are lefties.
Two minutes at a pool hall or a bar with a pool league will confirm. The lure of an easy life.

Pool is tough business and a hard way to make a living. I have a friend who has made a minimal
living with it. Today at 55 he has nothing to fall back on.

The effort required, study, observation, and time on the road is considerable. Many
who succeed at pool, could have actually made something of themselves and contributed to
society. I played in leagues and was treasurer in the largest local league.

I have an old friend in Phoenix who was always far left...he's a ranked pool player now.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4826 on: October 03, 2021, 02:40:46 pm »
I have an old friend in Phoenix who was always far left...he's a ranked pool player now.   :shrug:

@Cyber Liberty

If he has always been far left and you knew this,WTH is he your friend?

After all,the SOB wants to destroy America and imprison or execute people like us. If he says he doesn't,he is either a liar or a fool,and once again the question MUST be asked "WHY are you good friends with someone you know to be a liar and a fool?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4827 on: October 03, 2021, 03:11:46 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

If he has always been far left and you knew this,WTH is he your friend?

After all,the SOB wants to destroy America and imprison or execute people like us. If he says he doesn't,he is either a liar or a fool,and once again the question MUST be asked "WHY are you good friends with someone you know to be a liar and a fool?

Because he's way over there.  We choose to discuss topics other than politics.  I would not call him a "good friend," just someone I know from 1980.  If he wants me dead, he hasn't said so.  But, he is a fool in my opinion and he doesn't take up much of my time.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4828 on: October 03, 2021, 03:41:56 pm »
Because he's way over there.  We choose to discuss topics other than politics. I would not call him a "good friend," just someone I know from 1980.  If he wants me dead, he hasn't said so.  But, he is a fool in my opinion and he doesn't take up much of my time.

@Cyber Liberty

Ok,that makes sense. He sounded like a "Goomba" at first.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4829 on: October 03, 2021, 03:47:55 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Ok,that makes sense. He sounded like a "Goomba" at first.

I have a few friends from when I was working, PhD-level Electrical Engineers mostly,and they tend left as well.  I ignored it for decades and did not discuss politics on the job.  They were surprised to find out I'm a strong conservative Republican who detested John McStain.  They know I've moved on and am an Executive with my County Party.  I still talk to them, too.

I'm with Dennis Miller on this, he said if all you know about somebody is their politics, then you don't really know them at all.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4830 on: October 03, 2021, 04:22:26 pm »
I have a few friends from when I was working, PhD-level Electrical Engineers mostly,and they tend left as well.

Someone could write a thesis on this.  After receiving an undergrad degree, Conservatives are eager to enter the real world and use their new-learned knowledge to solve problems and generate revenue, while liberals grow comfortable with their academic surroundings and choose the safety of the familiar over real world challenges.

I had once believed that it was nearly impossible for an engineer to be a kool-aid drinking leftist.  I see now that the ranks of those holding post-grad degrees are filled with them.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4831 on: October 03, 2021, 04:23:50 pm »

This is a great post, one an independent minded person can be amused by.

I think this is the post that got me banned yesterday from another site. I didn't post This is War
meme. A week ban. No doubt Mike, the owner, found out I am older than dirt. I have a friend there,
114,000 posts who walked away mid October. Walked away clean.

Censorship has control of the pool minded community. It is no surprise that pool guys are lefties.
Two minutes at a pool hall or a bar with a pool league will confirm. The lure of an easy life.

Pool is tough business and a hard way to make a living. I have a friend who has made a minimal
living with it. Today at 55 he has nothing to fall back on.

The effort required, study, observation, and time on the road is considerable. Many
who succeed at pool, could have actually made something of themselves and contributed to
society. I played in leagues and was treasurer in the largest local league.

I was never a member of any formal pool organizations but did manage to win a good deal of money playing in my younger years (to the point that it became hard to get any of the locals here to play).

I loved snooker and played a LOT on full sized tables many years ago. When I went overseas to work, i discovered that I was not in the same league with the English players I encountered there and fell away from the game.

Forty odd years later (now in my 70s) I picked up a cue again and found that my former skills had not completely gone.  I enjoyed that day immensely.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4832 on: October 03, 2021, 04:30:15 pm »
Someone could write a thesis on this.  After receiving an undergrad degree, Conservatives are eager to enter the real world and use their new-learned knowledge to solve problems and generate revenue, while liberals grow comfortable with their academic surroundings and choose the safety of the familiar over real world challenges.

I had once believed that it was nearly impossible for an engineer to be a kool-aid drinking leftist.  I see now that the ranks of those holding post-grad degrees are filled with them.

*hmmmm* I'm personally acquainted with a number of PHD level engineers that you could not make vote for a dimocrat if you held a gun on them but not one of them is in the halls of academia.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

« Reply #4833 on: October 03, 2021, 04:36:47 pm »
I'd be very hard pressed to hire a hard left engineer even with a great resume. Engineering is reality based. You can't bend reality and have a successful outcome. People who are seriously disconnected from reality in one area are likely disconnected in other areas as well.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4834 on: October 03, 2021, 05:56:00 pm »
I'd be very hard pressed to hire a hard left engineer even with a great resume. Engineering is reality based. You can't bend reality and have a successful outcome. People who are seriously disconnected from reality in one area are likely disconnected in other areas as well.

:yowsa: pointing-up

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4835 on: October 03, 2021, 06:18:53 pm »

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #4836 on: October 03, 2021, 06:36:44 pm »
*hmmmm* I'm personally acquainted with a number of PHD level engineers that you could not make vote for a dimocrat if you held a gun on them but not one of them is in the halls of academia.

Nice observation Bigun.
Thanks

So am I acquainted with similar PhDs. In fact two that helped me with my masters thesis were also partners in a sail boat rehab.
It was a 24' honeymoon class. Steam bending and replacing ribs was the big step. Took the three of us a bit more than a year.

Engineers tend to be logical, and of high IQ. I estimate one of these two were brighter than I.
One of my friends was awarded engineer of the year award in Toledo. Not only don't they support
dims, but they don't support Rinos.

So I could conclude that the forum is discriminating against engineers.  QED.
I doubt they could understand basic logic.

I did meet an engineer who had no honesty nor credibility. I shared an office with him.
The department chair kicked him out of the program for turning in grades for a student
that had transferred from his lab to mine.  So. I also know one without principle but I doubt
he made PhD nor Masters. He was an interesting guy.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 06:48:07 pm by Slide Rule »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #4837 on: October 03, 2021, 06:45:24 pm »

Reality is a stumbling block for engineers and for accomplishing anything.
Thanks

I hired engineers and once awarded an engineering coop scholarship. Men of high honesty, and credibility.
The man taking the degree offered me a position with him when he found out our company financial position.

I recommended a woman engineer who had worked for me, to my boss for an open spot parallel with mine.
Cindy was as sharp as any engineer I knew at the company. She ended up with my old department long after
I retired.

Recommended

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4838 on: October 03, 2021, 06:46:00 pm »

Nice observation.
Thanks

So am I acquainted with similar PhDs. In fact two that helped me with my masters thesis were also partners in a sail boat rehab.
It was a 24' honeymoon class. Steam bending and replacing ribs was the big step. Took the three of us a bit more than a year.

Engineers tend to be logical, and of high IQ. I estimate one of these two were brighter than I.
One of my friends was awarded engineer of the year award in Toledo. Not only don't they support
dims, but they don't support Rinos.

I did meet an engineer who had no honesty nor credibility. I shared an office with him.
The department chair kicked him out of the program for turning in grades for a student
that had transferred from his lab to mine.  So. I also know one without principle but I doubt
he made PhD nor Masters. He was an interesting guy.

Were I worked we did not talk about politics.  The usual course for a STEM Major is to consider work issues critically, but have the "I'll never vote for a Republican" mindset when it's time to vote.

They pride themselves for eschewing lowly "politics" in their everyday lives, but their ignorance on the subject leads them to do stupid things like voting for Rats.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #4839 on: October 03, 2021, 06:47:31 pm »

Recommended

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4840 on: October 03, 2021, 06:48:27 pm »

Full disclosure here.  I'm an engineer.  My apologies for expressing generalized statements.

Back during the Obamacare debate, I had a discussion with a peer who was a younger, relatively new engineer, and who happened to be a flaming liberal.  He argued that Obamacare was no different than car insurance, that if the government could make you have car insurance, then they could make you have medical insurance.  I responded that there is no requirement for car insurance if I choose not to drive.  The Obamacare requirement applies as long as I draw breath.  His reply?  "Well, you don't have to breathe."
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DB

« Reply #4841 on: October 03, 2021, 06:53:37 pm »
Full disclosure here.  I'm an engineer.  My apologies for expressing generalized statements.

Back during the Obamacare debate, I had a discussion with a peer who was a younger, relatively new engineer, and who happened to be a flaming liberal.  He argued that Obamacare was no different than car insurance, that if the government could make you have car insurance, then they could make you have medical insurance.  I responded that there is no requirement for car insurance if I choose not to drive.  The Obamacare requirement applies as long as I draw breath.  His reply?  "Well, you don't have to breathe."

Car insurance is required to protect other people's property that you may damage. You don't have to get car insurance to cover your own property. There's the primary difference.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4842 on: October 03, 2021, 06:53:57 pm »

I've developed the habit of not discussing anything seriously with a liberal as it is very much like teaching a pig to sing.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #4843 on: October 03, 2021, 06:56:08 pm »
Were I worked we did not talk about politics.  The usual course for a STEM Major is to consider work issues critically, but have the "I'll never vote for a Republican" mindset when it's time to vote.

They pride themselves for eschewing lowly "politics" in their everyday lives, but their ignorance on the subject leads them to do stupid things like voting for Rats.

Engineers are mostly introverts, so many of them would rather blend in with the woodwork
and not make any waves.

Politics has lots of waves, so why study it.

I gave up being an introvert as that seemed the path to no influence nor results. I did buck
things at my company and thus was noticed by our president. He promoted me. A five pay
grade advance from a run of the mill engineer to a operations department head.

Years later I found out that he bucked the system from his first year.

Recommended

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #4844 on: October 03, 2021, 06:58:46 pm »
I've developed the habit of not discussing anything seriously with a liberal as it is very much like teaching a pig to sing.

Probably a wise course.

Since I retired, I have started a pig chorus. It is a tough sled as they
can't recall the words nor the melody. On occasion some items to
take hold.

Recommended

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4845 on: October 03, 2021, 07:01:18 pm »

The disturbing thing to me is that if government had persecuted him in such a manner, I would have vigorously come to his aid and defense regardless of his politics and championed the cause of liberty.  Yet if the roles were reversed, he would stood by idly, even with a feeling of satisfaction, had the government persecuted me to the point of death.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4846 on: October 03, 2021, 07:01:29 pm »

Probably a wise course.

Since I retired, I have started a pig chorus. It is a tough sled as they
can't recall the words nor the melody. On occasion some items to
take hold.

:mauslaff: :mauslaff: :mauslaff:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4847 on: October 03, 2021, 07:05:05 pm »
Just to get this thread back on track:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #4848 on: October 03, 2021, 07:07:46 pm »
I was never a member of any formal pool organizations but did manage to win a good deal of money playing in my younger years (to the point that it became hard to get any of the locals here to play).

I loved snooker and played a LOT on full sized tables many years ago. When I went overseas to work, i discovered that I was not in the same league with the English players I encountered there and fell away from the game.

Forty odd years later (now in my 70s) I picked up a cue again and found that my former skills had not completely gone.  I enjoyed that day immensely.

All forms of pool are interesting. It looks simple and when you begin you can win fairly consistently.
Then you meet others who have skill. The hustle is hiding your skill. In the US, the game one pocket
is the best game to hide actual skill. I play mostly 8 ball and one pocket.

I like and watch snooker, but never tried it. It is funny how hitting a ball around a table is so
entertaining. My gambling was quite modest. Everyone at Glass City Billiards told me that I
could win lots of money gambling. I said, I already knew how to earn money. I was an engineer.

Recommended

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #4849 on: October 03, 2021, 07:09:50 pm »
Thanks all.

@Slide Rule

Recommended