Author Topic: Political Graphics II  (Read 827127 times)

Online Kamaji

Re: Political Graphics II
« Reply #4575 on: September 20, 2021, 02:12:40 pm »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #4576 on: September 20, 2021, 02:46:53 pm »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #4577 on: September 20, 2021, 03:18:00 pm »

BassWrangler

« Reply #4578 on: September 20, 2021, 04:42:03 pm »
LOL, you found some good ones there, @Kamaji

BassWrangler

« Reply #4579 on: September 20, 2021, 05:34:20 pm »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #4580 on: September 20, 2021, 05:47:02 pm »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #4581 on: September 20, 2021, 05:47:47 pm »
It'd be interesting to run their faces through face recognition software against the internets to see what comes up.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4582 on: September 20, 2021, 06:35:36 pm »

@BassWrangler

Ya gotta admit they have some pretty good concealement rigs. No matter how hard I look,I can see no evidence of a concealed handgun.

I DO see faint outlines of what COULD be small handguns in their front pants pockets,but nothing really obvious.

BTW,I normally carry either a 3 inch 5 shot 44 Special or a 1 inch 9 shot 22 revolver in my front pocket,and have been doing so for over 20 years without anyone noticing.

The 22 is for local use,mostly shooting snakes or rabid animals,but the 44 is my "go to town gun".
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 06:38:47 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Kamaji

« Reply #4583 on: September 20, 2021, 06:43:26 pm »
@BassWrangler

Ya gotta admit they have some pretty good concealement rigs. No matter how hard I look,I can see no evidence of a concealed handgun.

I DO see faint outlines of what COULD be small handguns in their front pants pockets,but nothing really obvious.

BTW,I normally carry either a 3 inch 5 shot 44 Special or a 1 inch 9 shot 22 revolver in my front pocket,and have been doing so for over 20 years without anyone noticing.

The 22 is for local use,mostly shooting snakes or rabid animals,but the 44 is my "go to town gun".

Maybe something like this .32:  https://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2015/08/14-current-and-classic-pocket-pistols-chambered-in-32-acp/

BassWrangler

« Reply #4584 on: September 20, 2021, 08:56:38 pm »
It's not really a great photo to see for sure what they're carry set-up is, but if I had to guess, they are using an appendix inside the wasteband (AIWB) holster and a compact 9mm of some sort. As long as you don't have a gut, it's one of the most concealable options.

I like the holsters from T1C for this, but there are lots of options out there. The bulges in the pockets could be spare mags, or pocket pistol as @sneakypete mentions. I guess they could be radios, although I don't know of any radios shaped like that (but I'm only familiar with radios used by EMS, and Ham, no idea what feds use these days)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4585 on: September 20, 2021, 11:52:04 pm »
Maybe something like this .32:  https://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2015/08/14-current-and-classic-pocket-pistols-chambered-in-32-acp/

@Kamaji

You couldn't give me a 32 ACP as a gift.

I MUCH prefer my 22lr with Stinger hollowpoints.

When I was living in Denver a guy in my neighborhood was shot in the back of the head 3 times with a 32 ACP,and he turned around and beat the hell out of the guy that shot him,and didn't even realize he had been shot until the police showed up.

Granted,I have no idea how old the ammo was the guy was shooting,or how it had been stored,but still.........

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4586 on: September 20, 2021, 11:59:02 pm »
@Kamaji

You couldn't give me a 32 ACP as a gift.

I MUCH prefer my 22lr with Stinger hollowpoints.

When I was living in Denver a guy in my neighborhood was shot in the back of the head 3 times with a 32 ACP,and he turned around and beat the hell out of the guy that shot him,and didn't even realize he had been shot until the police showed up.

Granted,I have no idea how old the ammo was the guy was shooting,or how it had been stored,but still.........
Something small like that, I'd go with a Kel-tec PF-9, small light and granted, just a little single stack 9mm, but that's enough. All those guys either have a bulge in their right pockets or look like they have an appendix carry.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4587 on: September 21, 2021, 12:03:40 am »
Something small like that, I'd go with a Kel-tec PF-9, small light and granted, just a little single stack 9mm, but that's enough. All those guys either have a bulge in their right pockets or look like they have an appendix carry.

@Smokin Joe

Yeah,now that you mention it,I have one of them,too. For some reason I never carry it,and had forgotten all about it until you mentioned it.

The most likely reason was because I bought the 3 inch 44,and who in his right mind would carry a 9mm when he could be carrying a 44 Special?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #4588 on: September 21, 2021, 12:08:27 am »
@Smokin Joe

Yeah,now that you mention it,I have one of them,too. For some reason I never carry it,and had forgotten all about it until you mentioned it.

The most likely reason was because I bought the 3 inch 44,and who in his right mind would carry a 9mm when he could be carrying a 44 Special?
I had one, I liked it, a granddaughter's boyfriend stole it and likely fenced it somewhere. Needless to say, that sh*tbird is out of the family and better not show his face in town again. Unfortunately, knowing is not enough to prove he did it in court, but I know. Some odd things about that one would have made it a great one to still have.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4589 on: September 21, 2021, 01:15:55 am »
I had one, I liked it, a granddaughter's boyfriend stole it and likely fenced it somewhere. Needless to say, that sh*tbird is out of the family and better not show his face in town again. Unfortunately, knowing is not enough to prove he did it in court, but I know. Some odd things about that one would have made it a great one to still have.

@Smokin Joe

If I were forced to carry a 9mm pocket pistol,that would be the one. I couldn't find a single thing to not like about it. It was even insanely accurate with factory loads.

I just prefer a 44 special over all other calibers when it comes to handguns,and my SAO Rossi has the sweetest trigger pull I have ever seen with a out of the box revolver,and is so accurate I have literally made 1 shot kills on running snakes with it.

I literally wouldn't sell it to anybody for any amount of money close to sane. I did have to promise one friend I would leave it to him in my will if he would donate 200 bucks to St.Judes in my name,though.

He is loaded with cash and wants almost all the other guns I own too,so chances are he is just going to buy them all at my estate sale.He is from Holland and had never even shot a gun until he met me. He was into bow hunting. I got him interested in shooting,then had to teach him gunsmithing,and now he has bought a milling machine,a couple of engine lathes,heat treating ovens,and has a federal manufacturing license.

He is now into black powder primitive hunting,and goes on hunting trips to Wyoming a couple of times a year. Shoots black power single-shot target rifles in calibers up to 60 caliber and even wears buckskins made from deer he shot. Hell,he even forged his own tomahawk and skinning knives that he carries.

Unless you are into it,it would shock you to find out how much that stuff costs,even if you just buy the components and fit it all together yourself. A couple of his rifles are so freaking heavy it's hard to pick them up,never mind shoot them. You literally NEED a shooting stick to shoot one of them because you can't hold it on a target without a rest.

He is to the point now where he is loading and selling custom black powder calibers for obsolete rifles. Made his own dies. He has several nice bolt action rifles including one I gave him with a birds eye maple stock that is chambered for my own wildcat version of a wildcat .375 H&H Magnum. It is build on an Japanese WW-2 Arisaka action with a custom hammer-forged barrel 26 inches long,and it uses .348 Winchester brass that has been blown out and improved to give .375 H&H magnum performance with a medium-length action. It is NOT a rifle you are going to want to shoot a dozen times a day!  happy77

I created a monster. Back when I first got him interested in building guns,it wasn't unsual for him to call me at 2 AM to ask me the proper way to do something,and if I couldn't explain it to him,he would pay me to drive the 275 miles to his house to help him set up and show him how it is done. Yes,like ALL good gunsmiths,he is more than a little anal about putting them together right.

Before he started building guns he was a semi-famous sculptor. The White House even hired him to repair some of the items they had that were damaged over the years. He even has a photo of him and Reagan shaking hands in the WH.

He still sculpts a few statues for previous customers or does repair work on them when needed,but only because he knows them and is friends with them. If he doesn't know you,you can't hire him. He doesn't need the money and is at the age now where he doesn't do anything he doesn't want to do.

He tells me a bunch of people want to buy the .348/375 Improved rifle,but he refuses to even take offers because I built it and then gave it to him,and it is the only one in the world like it. I built it when I was in gunsmith school just to see how it would work  out,and because somebody gave me the old Arisaka action,and somebody else gave me the birds eye maple stock and giving up on trying to shape it. I hand lapped the bolt in the rails,squared the bolt face in the receiver and the rear of the locking lugs by lapping them too,using Dyken Blue to make sure I had 100 percent contact. The front half the barrel was milled to be an octagon shape using a milling machine,and the rear half is round for more accurate bedding. I did this to reduce vibrations when a bullet is fired.

It is as close to being perfectly fitted and bedded as you can make a rifle.

Guess who sells me new gun stuff at wholesale any time I want it.

As for my 44 Special,it was so perfect out of the box that to this very day I have not had the side plate off of it. IF Taurus hadn't bought out Rossi and discontined my model 44 for their own version that is MUCH larger and heavier,I'd buy another one that was DA,bob the hammer,and do a trigger job on it. Even with a slick trigger,it's hard to hit a running snake with a DAO only trigger.

Not that this is my prefered snake gun. It ain't. 44 Special ammo is a LOT more expensive than 22 LR rounds. I just happened to have the 44 in my pocket when the copperhead and the cotton mouth appeared (at different times,obviously),so I used what I had in my pocket.

They sure don't move much when you hit their spine with 200 grain hollowpoint.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #4590 on: September 21, 2021, 01:51:25 am »
@Smokin Joe

If I were forced to carry a 9mm pocket pistol,that would be the one. I couldn't find a single thing to not like about it. It was even insanely accurate with factory loads.

I just prefer a 44 special over all other calibers when it comes to handguns,and my SAO Rossi has the sweetest trigger pull I have ever seen with a out of the box revolver,and is so accurate I have literally made 1 shot kills on running snakes with it.

I literally wouldn't sell it to anybody for any amount of money close to sane. I did have to promise one friend I would leave it to him in my will if he would donate 200 bucks to St.Judes in my name,though.

He is loaded with cash and wants almost all the other guns I own too,so chances are he is just going to buy them all at my estate sale.He is from Holland and had never even shot a gun until he met me. He was into bow hunting. I got him interested in shooting,then had to teach him gunsmithing,and now he has bought a milling machine,a couple of engine lathes,heat treating ovens,and has a federal manufacturing license.

He is now into black powder primitive hunting,and goes on hunting trips to Wyoming a couple of times a year. Shoots black power single-shot target rifles in calibers up to 60 caliber and even wears buckskins made from deer he shot. Hell,he even forged his own tomahawk and skinning knives that he carries.

Unless you are into it,it would shock you to find out how much that stuff costs,even if you just buy the components and fit it all together yourself. A couple of his rifles are so freaking heavy it's hard to pick them up,never mind shoot them. You literally NEED a shooting stick to shoot one of them because you can't hold it on a target without a rest.

I have a few smoke poles, and yes, especially for really nice work, even the components for a rifle or pistol are up there. I have bought a lot of finished modern firearms for less that it would cost to assemble a middlin' flintlock rifle, and a really nice one, well the sky is the limit. Pistols sticker shocked me as well. I like flint, because I can knap one if need be, but I can't make a percussion cap.

He is to the point now where he is loading and selling custom black powder calibers for obsolete rifles. Made his own dies. He has several nice bolt action rifles including one I gave him with a birds eye maple stock that is chambered for my own wildcat version of a wildcat .375 H&H Magnum. It is build on an Japanese WW-2 Arisaka action with a custom hammer-forged barrel 26 inches long,and it uses .348 Winchester brass that has been blown out and improved to give .375 H&H magnum performance with a medium-length action. It is NOT a rifle you are going to want to shoot a dozen times a day!  happy77

I created a monster. Back when I first got him interested in building guns,it wasn't unsual for him to call me at 2 AM to ask me the proper way to do something,and if I couldn't explain it to him,he would pay me to drive the 275 miles to his house to help him set up and show him how it is done. Yes,like ALL good gunsmiths,he is more than a little anal about putting them together right.

Before he started building guns he was a semi-famous sculptor. The White House even hired him to repair some of the items they had that were damaged over the years. He even has a photo of him and Reagan shaking hands in the WH.

He still sculpts a few statues for previous customers or does repair work on them when needed,but only because he knows them and is friends with them. If he doesn't know you,you can't hire him. He doesn't need the money and is at the age now where he doesn't do anything he doesn't want to do.

He tells me a bunch of people want to buy the .348/375 Improved rifle,but he refuses to even take offers because I built it and then gave it to him,and it is the only one in the world like it. I built it when I was in gunsmith school just to see how it would work  out,and because somebody gave me the old Arisaka action,and somebody else gave me the birds eye maple stock and giving up on trying to shape it. I hand lapped the bolt in the rails,squared the bolt face in the receiver and the rear of the locking lugs by lapping them too,using Dyken Blue to make sure I had 100 percent contact. The front half the barrel was milled to be an octagon shape using a milling machine,and the rear half is round for more accurate bedding. I did this to reduce vibrations when a bullet is fired.

It is as close to being perfectly fitted and bedded as you can make a rifle.

Guess who sells me new gun stuff at wholesale any time I want it.

As for my 44 Special,it was so perfect out of the box that to this very day I have not had the side plate off of it. IF Taurus hadn't bought out Rossi and discontined my model 44 for their own version that is MUCH larger and heavier,I'd buy another one that was DA,bob the hammer,and do a trigger job on it. Even with a slick trigger,it's hard to hit a running snake with a DAO only trigger.

Not that this is my prefered snake gun. It ain't. 44 Special ammo is a LOT more expensive than 22 LR rounds. I just happened to have the 44 in my pocket when the copperhead and the cotton mouth appeared (at different times,obviously),so I used what I had in my pocket.

They sure don't move much when you hit their spine with 200 grain hollowpoint.
It sounds like you made a convert, and there is no fanatic like a convert.

Oddly enough, the black powder set in Europe (especially Germany, for some reason) was nuts over the US fur trade era and would have trappers' rendezvous with blonde haired Germans dressing up as natives for the week... I did that for a couple of years here, even was best man at a friend's wedding (in costume), solved a theft from a trade blanket and got named "many tracks" for the ones I followed to figure it out. His Grandma gave me hell for 'letting him' get so drunk he fell off his horse (I wasn't in much better shape myself). I later married his niece, and he and I were like brothers up until his death from cancer a few years back. Lots of history there. It's funny how things work out.

I'm going to have to keep my eyes open and see if I can find another of those 9s, though--although I'll keep my eyes open for an old .44 like you said. I like the caliber, and it's more portable (concealable) than my Super Blackhawk.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #4591 on: September 21, 2021, 02:27:24 am »
How white liberals really view black voters

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4592 on: September 21, 2021, 03:29:03 am »

I'm going to have to keep my eyes open and see if I can find another of those 9s, though--although I'll keep my eyes open for an old .44 like you said. I like the caliber, and it's more portable (concealable) than my Super Blackhawk.

@Smokin Joe

LOL! It's hard to think of a handgun LESS concealable that a Super Blackhawk.

A Walker Colt is one of the few I can think of,and it has the advantage of quick reloads via cylinder changes. With all the smoke you give off from a Walker,you would probably need quick cylinder changes.

BTW,keep your eye out for a Rossi. They were bought out by Taurus,and most people don't understand they were better made than the Taurus handguns. Chances are you can buy one cheap from some fool who thinks it's junk because the company went out of business.

I can tell you this about mine,it is not for sale at any price unless I happen to have a new in the box replacement in my hand when you try to embarrass me with cash money. I even favor it over my 1911A1's at this point,and that's saying something.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 03:32:38 am by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4593 on: September 21, 2021, 03:35:22 am »

@Hoodat

I didn't even watch the video,but feel certain I can cover it by saying "Useful tools,useful fools".

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #4594 on: September 21, 2021, 06:04:17 am »
@Smokin Joe

LOL! It's hard to think of a handgun LESS concealable that a Super Blackhawk.

A Walker Colt is one of the few I can think of,and it has the advantage of quick reloads via cylinder changes. With all the smoke you give off from a Walker,you would probably need quick cylinder changes.

BTW,keep your eye out for a Rossi. They were bought out by Taurus,and most people don't understand they were better made than the Taurus handguns. Chances are you can buy one cheap from some fool who thinks it's junk because the company went out of business.

I can tell you this about mine,it is not for sale at any price unless I happen to have a new in the box replacement in my hand when you try to embarrass me with cash money. I even favor it over my 1911A1's at this point,and that's saying something.
Rossi it is! BTW I can think of one less concealable than mine--It was the Super Blackhawk with the 10" barrel (I know a guy who has one and he just got a shoulder rig for it to keep from banging up his knee). I got a 'short' one with the 7 1/2 inch option. (It fits better in the gun leather that way).

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #4595 on: September 21, 2021, 06:06:10 am »
@Hoodat

I didn't even watch the video,but feel certain I can cover it by saying "Useful tools,useful fools".
Add in, "not smart enough to know they've been offended so we have to be offended for them."
It seems the Libs view everyone they "champion" with that contempt.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4596 on: September 21, 2021, 06:08:15 am »
Rossi it is! BTW I can think of one less concealable than mine--It was the Super Blackhawk with the 10" barrel (I know a guy who has one and he just got a shoulder rig for it to keep from banging up his knee). I got a 'short' one with the 7 1/2 inch option. (It fits better in the gun leather that way).

@Smokin Joe

I realize that you can load an amazing amount of powder in a Super Blackhawk,but 7-1/2 inches of barrel is plenty with the newer faster burning powder.  After all,there are practical limits as to how much abuse the shooter can stand,never mind the gun.

What do you shoot in it,the Keith 250 grain bullets?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #4597 on: September 21, 2021, 06:13:21 am »
@Smokin Joe

I realize that you can load an amazing amount of powder in a Super Blackhawk,but 7-1/2 inches of barrel is plenty with the newer faster burning powder.  After all,there are practical limits as to how much abuse the shooter can stand,never mind the gun.

What do you shoot in it,the Keith 250 grain bullets?
240 gr jacketed hollow points sitting on a load of IMR 4227. The Blackhawk can handle hotter, but my Marlin gets jacked open by a hot round, so I toned 'em down a mite. I like IMR 4227 because you can load most anything with it.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4598 on: September 21, 2021, 06:25:33 am »
240 gr jacketed hollow points sitting on a load of IMR 4227. The Blackhawk can handle hotter, but my Marlin gets jacked open by a hot round, so I toned 'em down a mite. I like IMR 4227 because you can load most anything with it.

@Smokin Joe

I'm a big fan of Unique for the same reason. Plus it makes for very accurate loads in most of what I shoot. Kinda dirty,but ya can't have everything.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #4599 on: September 21, 2021, 11:07:40 am »

That should be playing everywhere, 24/7/365 - 366 on leap years.