Author Topic: Political Graphics II  (Read 827114 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Political Graphics II
« Reply #3950 on: March 25, 2021, 04:12:49 pm »
Wow, I checked the prices (new). Unreal!

@Smokin Joe

Yeah,small company and they don't have the sales the majors have. Also,they don't cut corners. AFAIK,the only plastic in one is the plastic piece on the grip cap.

Prices for one are also high on the rare ones you see in pawn shops. Everybody that knows anything about pump shotguns wants one.

This is one rare example of "you get what you pay for" being accurate.

Do yourself a favor and find a pawn shop or gun shop that has one for sale,and then go there and handle/swing it while you are there. Slide the action back a time or two and notice the lack of slack and how it seems like the rails are fitted with ball bearings that it is so smooth you can't believe it.

THEN try to convince yourself it it too expensive.

Good luck with THAT one!

« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 04:25:54 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3951 on: March 25, 2021, 07:00:21 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Yeah,small company and they don't have the sales the majors have. Also,they don't cut corners. AFAIK,the only plastic in one is the plastic piece on the grip cap.

Prices for one are also high on the rare ones you see in pawn shops. Everybody that knows anything about pump shotguns wants one.

This is one rare example of "you get what you pay for" being accurate.

Do yourself a favor and find a pawn shop or gun shop that has one for sale,and then go there and handle/swing it while you are there. Slide the action back a time or two and notice the lack of slack and how it seems like the rails are fitted with ball bearings that it is so smooth you can't believe it.

THEN try to convince yourself it it too expensive.

Good luck with THAT one!
I took my third white tail with one, so I know the gun, and the quality. I used one in a duck blind for a couple of years, but the gun belongs to my brother, not me. I know he won't part with it.
I'm just a bit sticker shocked at how much they have gone up in price for a new one since then (back in the paleozoic).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3952 on: March 25, 2021, 10:52:17 pm »
I took my third white tail with one, so I know the gun, and the quality. I used one in a duck blind for a couple of years, but the gun belongs to my brother, not me. I know he won't part with it.
I'm just a bit sticker shocked at how much they have gone up in price for a new one since then (back in the paleozoic).

@Smokin Joe

It ain't just Ithaca shotguns. When I first got out of the army I moved to Virginia Beach,VA,and could have bought a brand new ranch house with 2br,1-1/2 baths,and a carport in a nice neighborhood for 18 grand.

I went to look at and price a new GMC half-ton pu,and when the salesman told me "We can let you have that for $2400!",I asked him if he had lost his bleeping mind because nobody sane would ever pay that much for a PU.

Priced new houses or pu's lately?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 10:53:50 pm by sneakypete »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3953 on: March 26, 2021, 06:38:20 am »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3954 on: March 26, 2021, 07:02:31 am »
@Smokin Joe

It ain't just Ithaca shotguns. When I first got out of the army I moved to Virginia Beach,VA,and could have bought a brand new ranch house with 2br,1-1/2 baths,and a carport in a nice neighborhood for 18 grand.

I went to look at and price a new GMC half-ton pu,and when the salesman told me "We can let you have that for $2400!",I asked him if he had lost his bleeping mind because nobody sane would ever pay that much for a PU.

Priced new houses or pu's lately?
Nope. I live in a house that turned 100 a few years ago, and all my fleet is at least old enough to vote and buy alcohol (which is a good thing, because they keep putting it in the gas). One of them is old enough to get Medicare...

New pickups have lots of neat gee whiz sci-fi stuff in them, but I like the basics, I don't want gadgets demanding my attention when I'm driving. All the dings and beeps and squeals are just a frigging nuisance.

I 'feel' and listen to the vehicle, and watch the gauges. I learned to drive by the seat of my pants.
I don't like anti-lock brakes, and about the only thing newer I like is fuel injection because the ride will start at 30 below, even without plugging the engine in (although I do, to get the (full synthetic) oil moving better quicker, and because it is easier on the mill). I use synthetic gear lube in the pumpkins, too. and should consider doing the same in the 4-speed for the Dodge with the slant 6, even though I rarely drive it in winter (2WD). It has TBI, and just doesn't start quite as easily as the 10 year younger Vortec 5.7s in most of the fleet.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 07:03:44 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3955 on: March 26, 2021, 07:04:19 am »

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #3956 on: March 26, 2021, 12:02:30 pm »
Like Obama, in Vanilla.... 888mouth
:beer:  :rolling:  :rolling:  :rolling: I don't care who you are that's funny
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3957 on: March 26, 2021, 01:50:16 pm »
Like Obama, in Vanilla.... 888mouth

Obama was caramel? Like Kammy?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3958 on: March 26, 2021, 08:04:31 pm »
Obama was caramel? Like Kammy?

@PeteS in CA

With those teeth and ears,I was guessing "jackass".

Online corbe

« Reply #3959 on: March 27, 2021, 05:13:02 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3960 on: March 29, 2021, 03:11:40 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3961 on: March 29, 2021, 10:45:45 pm »
@PeteS in CA

With those teeth and ears,I was guessing "jackass".

I go with zebra. Meaning no offense to zebras.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

BassWrangler

« Reply #3962 on: March 29, 2021, 11:30:43 pm »
I go with zebra. Meaning no offense to zebras.

I was thinking hyena.

Online corbe

« Reply #3963 on: March 30, 2021, 12:03:21 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3964 on: March 30, 2021, 06:02:08 pm »

****drummer

Although it must be pointed out that the vast majority of answer clues on Jeopardy are actually intelligible and coherent.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

BassWrangler

« Reply #3965 on: March 30, 2021, 06:24:09 pm »

****drummer

Although it must be pointed out that the vast majority of answer clues on Jeopardy are actually intelligible and coherent.

The vast majority, perhaps all, of the Jeopardy contestants probably have 40 IQ points on plugs. And that's before the dementia.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3966 on: April 02, 2021, 04:14:27 pm »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3967 on: April 02, 2021, 07:15:22 pm »

They still do that. Although the crosses are upside down.  :smokin:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 07:16:34 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3968 on: April 03, 2021, 03:39:34 pm »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3969 on: April 03, 2021, 05:36:51 pm »

@Bigun

Sorry,but I REALLY gotta question that one.

After all,both Stalin and Hitler had unquestioned "truths".

Not to mention the "One,TRUE Religion",which seems to have 17 thousand branches,all disagreeing with each other.

If there is ONE thing that is universally true,it is that "Truth" MUST be questioned.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3970 on: April 03, 2021, 06:02:15 pm »
@sneakypete

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

--John Adams

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #3971 on: April 03, 2021, 07:41:02 pm »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3972 on: April 03, 2021, 08:41:58 pm »

Spaaaace Ghost!

Don't stair at me like this.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #3973 on: April 05, 2021, 02:18:59 am »

Hilarious, yet sad. As a journalism major (back when it counted), I'm still hurt and disgusted to watch our 4th estate in such complete disarray. Let's hope no one in the "media" sees this. It could give them ideas of how to conduct Biden press conferences for as long as he's allowed to act as president.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3974 on: April 05, 2021, 03:04:05 am »

Hilarious, yet sad. As a journalism major (back when it counted), I'm still hurt and disgusted to watch our 4th estate in such complete disarray. Let's hope no one in the "media" sees this. It could give them ideas of how to conduct Biden press conferences for as long as he's allowed to act as president.
This would work since all of Biden's so called "live" answers are all scripted and prewritten. The reporters are told what to ask in a particular order so Grampa Biden doesn't get too confused as much. Biden could simply read his scripted answer, and then the reporters could guess the question that matches it.

In the last Kabuki theater 'press conference', Biden was asked a question and read off an answer to a completely different question. If I remember it correctly?, he was asked about the border situation and, apparently confused, responded with a scripted answer about infrastructure. He did not even hear the questions. He just read his 'answers' in predetermined order as they were written.

SENIOR MOMENTS: 7 Times Biden Made No Sense During His First Press Conference
Joe Biden's first press conference was full of cringe moments and embarrassing gaffes.

by ANDREW WHITE  March 25, 2021
https://nationalfile.com/senior-moments-7-times-biden-made-no-sense-during-his-first-press-conference/
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 04:02:54 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.