Author Topic: Political Graphics II  (Read 827127 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Political Graphics II
« Reply #2975 on: May 09, 2020, 07:31:26 am »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2976 on: May 09, 2020, 12:03:18 pm »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2977 on: May 09, 2020, 01:51:22 pm »

Now start in the early days of the Great Depression, and add everything since Vietnam. This is what my parents have seen, including the Polio epidemic of the 50s,the space age from its inception, the Atomic Age as well, The fall of the USSR, the beginning and end of the Berlin Wall and the Iron Curtain, and all the social and technological changes since. And shifts in belief once Communists were roaming freely after Communism was declared "dead" (Hmm. Was that the New York Times?).

But they have never seen anything like this.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2978 on: May 09, 2020, 02:54:54 pm »
Now start in the early days of the Great Depression, and add everything since Vietnam. This is what my parents have seen, including the Polio epidemic of the 50s,the space age from its inception, the Atomic Age as well, The fall of the USSR, the beginning and end of the Berlin Wall and the Iron Curtain, and all the social and technological changes since. And shifts in belief once Communists were roaming freely after Communism was declared "dead" (Hmm. Was that the New York Times?).

But they have never seen anything like this.

@Smokin Joe

ONLY because the 24/7 media machine of today didn't exist back then. News on the radio tended to be short so they could get more in within the time frame they were allocated,and the entire print media was either a local newspaper,or a monthly magazine.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2979 on: May 09, 2020, 03:25:39 pm »
@Smokin Joe

ONLY because the 24/7 media machine of today didn't exist back then. News on the radio tended to be short so they could get more in within the time frame they were allocated,and the entire print media was either a local newspaper,or a monthly magazine.
My family seems to have always made an effort to be informed. So my parents got the Washington Star and the Post, the two county papers, and watched Huntley and Brinkley every night. We were 50 miles out of D.C. but the papers made it out in time for evening delivery. I learned the difference between the Post and the Star, and it wasn't long in my memory before the Post got dropped for the Baltimore Sun. The Sun and the Star were enough to clean fish on after we'd read them, the Post wasn't needed and their lies were noted in the '60s. But, as much as possible, between print, radio, and TV we tried to stay informed. There were opposing viewpoints then not just Partisan shoutdowns.

But now the delay in information transmission has dropped from days to hours to milliseconds, the information is even less reliable, even though all the buzzwords, agitation terms, and spin are applied. It;s almost asif two opposing religions are facing off, with the fervor that evokes. Maybe that's because God got kicked out of the schools, and even saying the Pledge of Allegiance is a memory of us old farts.

Because of the removal of God and a unifying Government from the worldview, the nest biggest thing people see is whatever political affiliation they choose, where heresy is punished severely, departures from the Party line considered apostate.

And while there may have been no 24/7 media machine, there were party line phones and the 'grapevine', networks of information dissemination that often were more accurate than the New York Times of today.

But to warp back toward whatever the topic is, the use of the media has been studied. That Austrian corporal who rose through the ranks rather fast once he got out of jail studied it, the Communists became masters of it, and everyone here from Walt Disney to the NIMH here got involved, too, all in the science of molding opinion. LBJ's handlers used it in the 'Daisy' ad and defeated Goldwater, whom they shaped into a warmonger, using the media to generate fear of a nuclear holocaust.
What passes for journalists today are steeped in propaganda just in the process of getting a degree, and reporting, the Who-What-Where-When-and sometimes Why of telling what's going on has been lost in the mad gyrations of off center spin.

...and yes, the graphics on this thread serve the same purpose of molding opinion through the most effective means--humour.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 03:32:24 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2980 on: May 09, 2020, 03:47:34 pm »
My family seems to have always made an effort to be informed. So my parents got the Washington Star and the Post, the two county papers, and watched Huntley and Brinkley every night.

@Smokin Joe

Neither my mother or my father could read or write,due to having to quit school in the 3rd and 5th grades. My mother,who managed to hang on until she finished the 5th grade knew how to read and understood most of what she read,but by the time she was in her 40's she had bad eyes and no money to get new glasses.

We started getting the newspaper about the time I was in the 3rd grade,and I had to read it to them and explain what some of the words meant.

We were the first I knew to get a TV. IIRC,this was 1952,and there was only CBS,and it went off the air at midnight.

My parents were ignorant of politics,and because of that,were rabid Dims who worshipped FDR.  In fact,I got my first shotgun due to me betting my father that Ike was going to win the WH instead of the Dim candidate.

But, as much as possible, between print, radio, and TV we tried to stay informed. There were opposing viewpoints then not just Partisan shoutdowns.

It was a definite Red Letter Day for me when I discovered Firing Line and William F.Buckley! I will never forget the genuine look of fear in the eyes of the leftist reporters when  Buckley would ask them a question.

But now the delay in information transmission has dropped from days to hours to milliseconds, the information is even less reliable, even though all the buzzwords, agitation terms, and rdspin are applied.

And there it is. There is so much confusion and so many lies promoted by the press that the typical working family just doesn't have enough free time to sort it all out and tell the facts from the lies.

Maybe that's because God got kicked out of the schools, and even saying the Pledge of Allegiance is a memory of us old farts.

Nope. I had already decided organized religion was horseshit covered by catsup to get the goobers to swallow it by the time I was in the 5th grade. Having 2 uncles that were fundie preachers probably had something to do with that.

Still,I recited the damn pledge just because I was expected to recite it,just like everyone else.

What passes for journalists today are steeped in propaganda just in the process of getting a degree,

Not to mention getting a job with the press. If you don't parrot the dogma,you don't get hired.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 03:48:25 pm by sneakypete »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2981 on: May 09, 2020, 09:27:22 pm »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2982 on: May 09, 2020, 09:34:08 pm »

Offline corbe

« Reply #2983 on: May 10, 2020, 03:28:47 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2984 on: May 10, 2020, 03:59:21 am »

:pondering:

Well, whether it's a turkey or Tara Read I'd be afraid of catching salmonella or something.   :tongue2:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2985 on: May 12, 2020, 12:31:59 am »
THIS is what we destroyed our economy for!

**nononono*
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2986 on: May 12, 2020, 12:44:03 am »
THIS is what we destroyed our economy for!

**nononono*

@
@Bigun

Thank you for posting that graphic.

Kinda puts things in the proper perspective,doesn't it?

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2987 on: May 12, 2020, 05:33:11 am »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2988 on: May 12, 2020, 01:29:31 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2989 on: May 12, 2020, 02:44:08 pm »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2990 on: May 12, 2020, 02:45:00 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2991 on: May 12, 2020, 03:08:05 pm »

@Bigun

I am sure it was just one of those "Coinky Dinks" we hear about that caused those network news shows to hire who they hired.

The news is an honorable profession,much like Priests,and they would never seek the unfair advantage they could get from leaks,never mind accept cash payments for favors rendered.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2992 on: May 12, 2020, 03:47:24 pm »
The Democrat Party and the MSM are in fact a family. But not a Happy family.
I have never in my life met a Happy Democrat. They are perpetually angry and boiling over with Hate.
Antifa represents the Democrats perfectly. Antifa does what all Democrats want to do but can't.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2993 on: May 12, 2020, 04:12:10 pm »

LOL!

Step-In-Awful-Stuff could have his pic on both sides of a window in that graphic - Clinton MalAdministration and ABC Skews.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline corbe

« Reply #2994 on: May 13, 2020, 12:58:38 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #2995 on: May 13, 2020, 09:53:08 pm »

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2996 on: May 14, 2020, 12:17:05 am »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2997 on: May 15, 2020, 11:22:25 pm »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2998 on: May 16, 2020, 12:46:26 pm »
Oh, happy day! ...

Online Right_in_Virginia