Author Topic: Political Graphics II  (Read 827120 times)

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Political Graphics II
« Reply #2800 on: April 19, 2020, 11:59:24 pm »

Heh, that's been my life ever since being disabled.

Online corbe

« Reply #2801 on: April 20, 2020, 12:01:09 am »

HEY, China!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #2802 on: April 20, 2020, 12:32:31 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2803 on: April 20, 2020, 04:29:37 am »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2804 on: April 20, 2020, 05:18:35 am »

« Reply #2805 on: April 20, 2020, 05:24:45 am »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2806 on: April 20, 2020, 05:30:38 am »

Well, when exactly, in the movies, did all the tanks and airplanes and people firing small arms at Godzilla do one bit of good?

Sometimes it seems you are just a little too happy at a high body count.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 05:32:23 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2807 on: April 20, 2020, 05:31:29 am »

What's the point? If you wear scrubs, sneakers and a mask you get to block traffic?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #2808 on: April 20, 2020, 06:00:56 am »
Sometimes it seems you are just a little too happy at a high body count.
Disgusting @Smokin Joe . :3:
Forgive my memory, but you're one of the Briefers who thinks this is a hoax right?  Do you care at all about high body counts?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2809 on: April 20, 2020, 06:12:00 am »
Disgusting @Smokin Joe . :3:
Forgive my memory, but you're one of the Briefers who thinks this is a hoax right?  Do you care at all about high body counts?
I have never called it a hoax. Never. I initially said the panic will be more destructive than the disease.

Millions out of work, and outside of NYC and the immediate environs, the rest of the country doesn't even come in in the top ten death rates (deaths/million people). NYC was criminally mismanaged, before and during this outbreak (supplies which shold have been on hand had never been replaced, and there had been years to do that, and then people were encouraged to show they harbored no prejudices and go stand in crowds and infect each other)

Yes, I care. I also care about the twenty million people who are out of work, and the innumerable folks who will lose all they have because of shutdowns based on the mismanagement in New York and the panic which has ensued.

I don't mind laying the blame on the doorsteps it belongs on, but I take no joy in the political pandering that I believe has led to the needless deaths of thousands, and I don't much cotton to inflating the statistics for political purposes by the very people who bleep up.
FYI, I have been Fire/EMS, and brother firefighters and EMS people are out there daily risking their lives because politicians were and are trying to score points on the POTUS.
I can't say what I think of those politicians on this board, nor their fellow travelers.
No genteel verbiage will suffice to express my level of contempt.

C S Lewis

« Reply #2810 on: April 20, 2020, 06:20:05 am »
I have never called it a hoax. Never. I initially said the panic will be more destructive than the disease.

Millions out of work, and outside of NYC and the immediate environs, the rest of the country doesn't even come in in the top ten death rates (deaths/million people). NYC was criminally mismanaged, before and during this outbreak (supplies which shold have been on hand had never been replaced, and there had been years to do that, and then people were encouraged to show they harbored no prejudices and go stand in crowds and infect each other)

Yes, I care. I also care about the twenty million people who are out of work, and the innumerable folks who will lose all they have because of shutdowns based on the mismanagement in New York and the panic which has ensued.

I don't mind laying the blame on the doorsteps it belongs on, but I take no joy in the political pandering that I believe has led to the needless deaths of thousands, and I don't much cotton to inflating the statistics for political purposes by the very people who bleep up.
FYI, I have been Fire/EMS, and brother firefighters and EMS people are out there daily risking their lives because politicians were and are trying to score points on the POTUS.
I can't say what I think of those politicians on this board, nor their fellow travelers.
No genteel verbiage will suffice to express my level of contempt.

Sorry, I didn't get that from your accusation I celebrate death.  This was much clearer.  I still don't what to make of the comment about "scoring points on the POTUS" because my President keeps saying "nobody has ever seen anything like this."  My picture only mocks people who say "it's just a flu," for the morons they are.  I'm proud of my President for putting lives first.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 06:22:01 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2811 on: April 20, 2020, 06:26:21 am »
Sorry, I didn't get that from your accusation I celebrate death.  This was much clearer.  I still don't what to make of the comment about "scoring points on the POTUS" because my President keeps saying "nobody has ever seen anything like this."  My picture only mocks people who say "it's just a flu," for the morons they are.
That is a serious misnomer, anyway. It was compared to the flu in terms of infection and death rate (and will be again), because that is how we gauge how dangerous diseases are, it's a relative thing.
It was acknowledged early on that this was not a flu variant, but from a different group of viruses that ordinarily cause diseases from the common cold to MERS.
It turns out this was an entirely new virus, which makes sense, considering it was likely the product of research in a BSL-4 lab.
Which infectious disease would you compare it with, when you are attempting to place mortality in perspective?

Yellow Fever?
Cholera?
Dengue Fever?
Ebola?
The Black Death?

We can make all those comparisons, but the flu is probably the one disease we have the most data on.  :shrug:

C S Lewis

« Reply #2812 on: April 20, 2020, 06:32:01 am »
That is a serious misnomer, anyway. It was compared to the flu in terms of infection and death rate (and will be again), because that is how we gauge how dangerous diseases are, it's a relative thing.
It was acknowledged early on that this was not a flu variant, but from a different group of viruses that ordinarily cause diseases from the common cold to MERS.
It turns out this was an entirely new virus, which makes sense, considering it was likely the product of research in a BSL-4 lab.
Which infectious disease would you compare it with, when you are attempting to place mortality in perspective?

Yellow Fever?
Cholera?
Dengue Fever?
Ebola?
The Black Death?

We can make all those comparisons, but the flu is probably the one disease we have the most data on.  :shrug:
This is a graphics thread.  I'm done.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2813 on: April 20, 2020, 06:35:25 am »
This is a graphics thread.  I'm done.
Sorry to hijack it.

C S Lewis

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2814 on: April 20, 2020, 01:35:30 pm »
What's the point? If you wear scrubs, sneakers and a mask you get to block traffic?

888high58888  @Smokin Joe

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2815 on: April 20, 2020, 01:36:16 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2816 on: April 20, 2020, 03:26:56 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

When ya put it THAT way,no wonder the Dims hate him so much!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

« Reply #2817 on: April 20, 2020, 07:42:55 pm »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2818 on: April 21, 2020, 06:45:32 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2819 on: April 21, 2020, 08:33:31 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

I will go on record right now as being willing to donate 100 bucks to Slow Joe if he will hug Bathhouse Barry on a stage like that,live,and being recorded,and call him "Kingfish".

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2820 on: April 21, 2020, 11:04:10 pm »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2821 on: April 21, 2020, 11:05:09 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

I will go on record right now as being willing to donate 100 bucks to Slow Joe if he will hug Bathhouse Barry on a stage like that,live,and being recorded,and call him "Kingfish".

I think your money's safe @sneakypete   88devil

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2822 on: April 21, 2020, 11:12:51 pm »
I think your money's safe @sneakypete   88devil

@Right_in_Virginia

I'm not so sure of that. All it would take would be for someone backstage to whisper "Remember,his name is Kingfish" in Slow Joe's ear right before the hug.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2823 on: April 22, 2020, 12:29:52 am »

« Reply #2824 on: April 22, 2020, 01:55:37 am »