Author Topic: REPORT: Soros Money Funding John Kasich’s Presidential Bid  (Read 2794 times)

rangerrebew

REPORT: Soros Money Funding John Kasich’s Presidential Bid
« on: March 14, 2016, 08:35:43 pm »
REPORT: Soros Money Funding John Kasich’s Presidential Bid

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/14/report-soros-money-funding-john-kasichs-presidential-bid/

by Julia Hahn14 Mar 2016880
As new reports break that a George Soros-linked group is taking credit for efforts to violently disrupt GOP frontrunner Donald Trump’s campaign rallies, the Center for Responsive Politics reveals that another George Soros-linked group is coordinating another furtive operation to stop Trump by financing the campaign of John Kasich.

According to the Center for Responsive Politics, Soros Fund Management is one of John Kasich’s top financial contributors.

Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 10.53.22 AM

George Soros–a liberal progressive donor– has been a top funder of the push to open America’s borders. According to a 2013 CNS News report, “Soros’s Open Society Foundation proudly claimed to have given $100 million dollars to ‘immigrant rights‘ projects in the United States.” According to the report, those that have been the beneficiaries of that $100 million include La Raza (Soros funding $2.4 million), the Immigrant Legal Resource Center (Soros funding $1.6 million), as well as Amnesty International (Soros funding $844,088) and Immigration Equality (Soros funding: $301,667).

In addition, Soros has been financially linked to the National Immigration Forum—the group behind the “Evangelical Immigration Table (EIT). As Breitbart reported in 2013, the Evangelical Immigration Table “is actually a front group for players on the institutional left including billionaire George Soros… EIT is running a $250,000 advertising campaign in favor of the Senate’s “Gang of Eight” immigration bill.”

Soros money is frequently tied to groups with innocuous sounding names that promote radical agendas– such as the Evangelical Immigration Table.

Interestingly, as Breitbart News has previously reported, John Kasich has made a series of extreme statements on immigration that place him to the furthest leftward reaches of not just the GOP Presidential field, but the Democratic Presidential field as well. For instance, Kasich has said that enforcing our immigration laws and deporting the illegal immigrants is not “humane.” Kasich likened deportations to the Japanese internment camps of World War II. Kasich has also pledged that he will enact amnesty within the first 100 days of his hoped-for Presidency– in effect, meaning that those who support John Kasich’s presidential campaign are voting to enact the largest amnesty in U.S. history by April 30, 2017.

The Washington Times reported in January of 2015, George Soros was also behind the funding of the Ferguson protests, “Mr. Soros gave at least $33 million in one year to support already-established groups that emboldened the grass-roots, on-the-ground activists in Ferguson, according to the most recent tax filings of his nonprofit Open Society Foundations.”

As the 2013 CNS report documents, “Soros has aided hundreds of left-wing groups in America since 2000 under the auspices of his Open Society Foundations. In just 10 years, he gave more than $550 million to liberal organizations in the United States. This has included money going to fund liberal agenda topics like Earth Day, gun control, government funding of student loans and even the IRS targeting of conservatives.”
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 08:37:10 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: REPORT: Soros Money Funding John Kasich’s Presidential Bid
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 08:37:56 pm »
If true, the guy is a bigger phony than madam Clinton. :nono:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 09:39:27 pm »
another George Soros-linked group is coordinating another furtive operation to stop Trump by financing the campaign of John Kasich.
Talk about throwing your money away!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 10:03:45 pm »
I don't have trouble believing this, but the fact that it's from Breitbart gives me pause.  I'll wait for a legitimate news org to report on it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 10:47:54 pm »
No real surprise. They are both globalists.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 10:51:19 pm »
I don't have trouble believing this, but the fact that it's from Breitbart gives me pause.  I'll wait for a legitimate news org to report on it.

Was going to make the same comment. This news source is on par now with the NY Times for accuracy.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 01:00:28 am »
Was going to make the same comment. This news source is on par now with the NY Times for accuracy.
Yep. They've done a lot of damage to their "brand." We'll see whether it can regain its credibility.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 03:11:57 am »
Yep. They've done a lot of damage to their "brand." We'll see whether it can regain its credibility.

Looks like the crew is jumping ship and leaving the rats.

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 09:15:59 pm »
The input about Breitbart is good to know.  Thanks, all. :seeya:

Check this out.

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/us/bombshell-john-kasich-took-200000-from-george-soros
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 09:20:38 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Carling

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 09:20:57 pm »

Legitimate like Erick Erickson?

Legitimate like the NYT?

Legitimate like CBS News?

Which news agencies are "legitimate" to you?
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 09:23:53 pm »
You first, Carling. What's a legit news source? Or are you just trying to pick a fight?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 09:24:50 pm »
Legitimate like Erick Erickson?

Legitimate like the NYT?

Legitimate like CBS News?

Which news agencies are "legitimate" to you?

No, none of the ones you mentioned are ones I would accept at face value.  I would check Judicial Watch, some of the conservative sites, and maybe Fox news.  How about you?

Offline Carling

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 09:30:21 pm »
You first, Carling. What's a legit news source? Or are you just trying to pick a fight?

Why would I go first?  Sanguine said she'd wait for a "legitimate news" source.  I'm wondering what she views as "legitimate."  Seems like a reasonable question to me.

Offline Carling

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2016, 09:32:55 pm »
No, none of the ones you mentioned are ones I would accept at face value.  I would check Judicial Watch, some of the conservative sites, and maybe Fox news.  How about you?

Judicial Watch for sure, Dailycaller, probably about the same as you.

Scott Bessent of Soros Fund Management, an investment firm founded by liberal mega-donor George Soros, has given more than $202,700 to help John Kasich’s presidential campaign, according to FEC records.

Of that total, $200,000 was given to the pro-Kasich super PAC New Day for America. Bessent has also given the legal limit of $2,700 to Kasich’s campaign. He has given more than $75,000 to various Republicans and Democrats over the last 20 years.

Soros is one of the largest financiers of MoveOn.org, an organization that took credit for the disturbances at a planned Trump rally in Chicago over the weekend. (RELATED: Soros To Spend Millions On ‘Immigrant Voters Win PAC’)

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/14/soros-associate-gives-200000-to-pro-kasich-super-pac/#ixzz430ey0pfb
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 09:34:18 pm by Carling »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2016, 09:45:14 pm »

Sorry, Mountaineer, I replied before I saw your question.

I thought it was a good question, just the way it was asked was a problem.

@Carling

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2016, 10:25:29 pm »

No news organization that needs access to politicians and earns income from advertisers is trustworthy.  The best you can do if you want the truth is to read one source from the left,another source from the right,and then compare one to the other. Both are lying,and the truth MIGHT lie somewhere in-between the two. Or at least a close version of the truth.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2016, 10:43:17 pm »
Or - for the bigger stories, at least, go international.

Example - I'll look at French and Israeli news for anything really important happening in the UK. They get the details that local biases sweep under the carpet - not just from the usual cash for access bias, but because they are having to explain the cultural references to their readers.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2016, 10:44:33 pm »
Interestingly, as Breitbart News has previously reported, John Kasich has made a series of extreme statements on immigration that place him to the furthest leftward reaches of not just the GOP Presidential field, but the Democratic Presidential field as well.

That's simply ridiculous.   It's hardly "extreme" to support comprehensive immigration reform.   The problem can only be solved if we attack both the supply (border security) and demand (employers' need for labor) sides of the issue.   And if the price of an effective comprehensive reform is compromise regarding the normalization of illegals already here,  that's a compromise I'd willingly make. 

I'd much rather bargain to solve the problem than shout and scream and make political hay while the problem festers and gets worse.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Carling

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2016, 11:03:01 pm »
That's simply ridiculous.   It's hardly "extreme" to support comprehensive immigration reform.   The problem can only be solved if we attack both the supply (border security) and demand (employers' need for labor) sides of the issue.   And if the price of an effective comprehensive reform is compromise regarding the normalization of illegals already here,  that's a compromise I'd willingly make. 

I'd much rather bargain to solve the problem than shout and scream and make political hay while the problem festers and gets worse.

Kooky Kasich said that illegal immigrants have been "made in the image of our Lord."  I take that to mean that if you don't support legalization, then you are going against God's will, which is so ridiculous I can't believe he wasn't laughed of the stage.  Was the illegal who killed Kate Steinle "blessed by God," Kooky Kasich?  I'm guessing her family disagrees.

He should just run as a Democrat like he wanted to do in New Hampshire.  Heck, he's already on record as being a gun-grabber.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:07:29 pm by Carling »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2016, 11:11:07 pm »
This is funny.  Agita over Soros money.

Trump has given more money to Democrats in his political career, by far, than Republicans.   And, since he's been a Democrat most of his life, and he says he's funding his own campaign (he's not), Democrat money is funding Trump's campaign.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2016, 11:17:32 pm »
This is funny.  Agita over Soros money.

Trump has given more money to Democrats in his political career, by far, than Republicans.   And, since he's been a Democrat most of his life, and he says he's funding his own campaign (he's not), Democrat money is funding Trump's campaign.

Yet Kasich is the one taking Soros-linked money and running as a Republican.  What a terrible candidate the GOProgs have had to settle on at this late point.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2016, 11:17:46 pm »
Or - for the bigger stories, at least, go international.

Example - I'll look at French and Israeli news for anything really important happening in the UK. They get the details that local biases sweep under the carpet - not just from the usual cash for access bias, but because they are having to explain the cultural references to their readers.

Russia Today and the St.Petersburg Times (Russia) also  used to be VERY good sources for reporting on the scams of our political criminal class. AFAIK,they were the only ones that reported on the involvement of the Clintons with the Tyson Food/rotten chicken scam and ties t the World Bank Funds. They were going to break the contract with Tyson over 40+ percent of the chicken they were buying using World Bank money was arriving rotten,and Tyson refusing to refund money that paid for the rotten chicken. This was the year the "something of 8 nations" was meeting in St.Petersburg to discuss trade and treaties,and Bubba Bill showed up a week before the talks,supposedly to tour the Hermitage and a few other sites. Both Russian papers reported that what  he actually did was meet with Yeltsin and threaten to shut down all World Bank Funds if Russia didn't renew the contract and stop complaining about the rotten chicken. Since Russia was bankrupt then and people  had literally been starving in the streets because of the collapse of communism and the ruble,Yeltsin had no choice but to renew the contract. You can be sure Bubba got a personal cut of that action,and they hinted as much.

Not a single US news source that I could find even hinted at this.

BTW,this was back when Russian newspapers and reporters were taking the "Freedom of the Press" stuff seriously,and it seemed like a week didn't pass without some reporter getting gunned down or blown up in a car bomb for exposing the corruption of the formerly communist elites/new billionaires. Now they have a dictator back in charge,so I am sure they have been "managed" by now. You can probably still get accurate reports about western politicians,though.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:19:59 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2016, 11:20:33 pm »
Yet Kasich is the one taking Soros-linked money and running as a Republican.  What a terrible candidate the GOProgs have had to settle on at this late point.

65% of Republicans, so far, have voted for the non-Trump candidate.

I'd say Trump is the terrible candidate that his supporters are trying to foist on the rest of the party.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2016, 11:24:38 pm »
65% of Republicans, so far, have voted for the non-Trump candidate.

I'd say Trump is the terrible candidate that his supporters are trying to foist on the rest of the party.

You can say whatever you want, but Kasich is a dud who won't crack 10% in Florida while Trump crushes Rubio there, and if Kasich wins Ohio it won't be by much.

So exactly whom are trying to foist a terrible candidate on the GOP voters?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2016, 11:53:15 pm »
Kooky Kasich said that illegal immigrants have been "made in the image of our Lord."
The God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness - even the Mexicans ...

Genesis 1: 26 (amplified)