Author Topic: NIGHTMARE for Merkel: Leader humiliated as Germany sends a crushing message in polls  (Read 529 times)

Offline Paladin

"GERMAN Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservative CDU party was humiliated in key regional elections on Sunday as voters delivered their verdict at the ballot box about her open-door refugee policies.

Exit poll results in three out of 16 German states foretell a wipeout in next year's general election as the hard-right capitalised on public disquiet and altered the political landscape forever.

Baden-Württemberg - solidly middle class and home to blue chip companies like Porsche and Daimler - was won by the Green Party after Merkel's CDU lost nearly 11 per cent support since the last vote there in 2011.

And the Alternative for Germany - AfD anti-immigrant pary - garnered 12.5 percent of the votes, propelling a party that her supporters call "Nazis in pinstripes" into the local parliament.

Their success was even more prominent in the eastern state of Saxony-Anhalt where it scored a massive 23 percent.

Supporters of Germany's new anti-immigration party celebrated  on Sunday after the Alternative for Germany (AfD) surged into three state assemblies with scores that would have been unthinkable only a year ago.

AfD leader Andre Poggenburg, called Angela Merkel “the worst Chancellor is German history” as he celebrated his success.

He said: “What an amazing evening. We fought like lions for your land.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/652280/Angela-Merkel-CDU-German-elections-defeat-regional-elections-immigration-refugee-policy
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Frank Cannon

There is more to this story than just the towel heads coming in. Many Germans are also upset that they are now the EU bank thanks to her, bailing out failed states with no hope of seeing the money again. Merkel is a disaster all the way around.

Offline Paladin

I think you are right, Frank. Good observation.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
There is more to this story than just the towel heads coming in. Many Germans are also upset that they are now the EU bank thanks to her, bailing out failed states with no hope of seeing the money again. Merkel is a disaster all the way around.

It's said that "People are People".

The German citizen is outraged that their leaders unlocked the gates and let inside hundreds of thousands of Muslims...the vast majority men of fighting age.

They're sick and tired that their women are being manhandled and raped...and  told they shouldn't go outside after dusk...for their safety.

They're still having nightmares of their World War II participation and history...their bombed and burned out cities and treasure.

They're outraged that their leaders aren't looking out for them FIRST!

Take a look around right here in our country.

THEN tell me again, who's going to win come November.   :whistle:

« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 08:08:08 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
DCPatriot wrote:
"They're outraged that their leaders aren't looking out for them FIRST!
Take a look around right here in our country.
THEN tell me again, who's going to win come November."

You're right, of course.

Amazing that so many "words as daggers" are a-flyin' around this forum.

Some folks just can't wake up and smell the coffee!

A song for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIYCBoEOJq8

...And the words that are used
For to get the ship confused
Will not be understood as they're spoken
For the chains of the sea
Will have busted in the night
And be buried at the bottom of the ocean.

The foes will rise
With the sleep still in their eyes
And they'll jerk from their beds and think they're dreamin'
But they'll pinch themselves and squeal
And they'll know that it's for real
The hour when the ship comes in
Then they'll raise their hands
Sayin' "we'll meet all your demands"
And we'll shout from the bow
"Your days are numbered"
And like Pharoah's tribe
They'll be drown-ded in the tide
And like Goliath, they'll be conquered

(Thanks to Arlo for the great rendition, and of course thanks to Bob Dylan for writing it in a moment of anger and vision, long ago)

Offline Paladin

Berlin (AFP) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel stood firm Monday on her refugee policy, despite a drubbing in regional elections described as a "debacle" in which disgruntled voters turned to the anti-migrant AfD.

Merkel's Christian Democratic Union (CDU) was at the receiving end of voter anger, suffering defeats in two out of three states in Sunday's elections -- including in traditional stronghold Baden-Wuerttemberg.

The stinging result for the conservative CDU was accompanied by a surge in backing for the right-wing populist Alternative for Germany (AfD), which had sparked outrage by suggesting police may have to shoot at migrants to stop them entering the country.

AfD's double-digit score in all three states indicates that the public outrage fuelling far-right movements such as France's National Front and Austria's Freedom Party has also gained a firm foothold in Germany.

Sunday's elections were the biggest since Germany registered a record influx of asylum seekers that reached 1.1 million in 2015, and the vote was largely regarded as a referendum on Merkel's decision to open the doors to people fleeing war.

The mass-circulation Bild newspaper described it as a "day of horror" for Merkel, as calls multiplied for her to change tack.

While acknowledging that some had cast "protest votes", the German leader refused to change her position.

"I think that the approach is correct," she told journalists, reiterating her strategy of a common European policy to bolster the security of the EU's external borders and cooperate with Turkey to stem refugee flows."

http://news.yahoo.com/merkels-cdu-party-loses-two-three-regions-exit-171633508.html

The elitists, whether here or in Europe, always know what's best even if the people express an entirely different attitude.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 01:44:21 am by Paladin »

Offline Frank Cannon

THEN tell me again, who's going to win come November.   :whistle:

Well then we are in total agreement. It will be Cruz.