Author Topic: Breitbart spokesman quits over Trump incident  (Read 800 times)

Offline flowers

Breitbart spokesman quits over Trump incident
« on: March 11, 2016, 10:40:13 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/272732-breitbart-spokesman-quits-over-trump-incident

Kurt Bardella, a spokesman for Breitbart, has quit the company following an incident where one of its reporters accused GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump’s campaign manager of violently grabbing her.

ADVERTISEMENT
"When you reach a point where you can't give 100% to people you represent, it's not tenable to continue representing them,” Bardella said in a statement to The Hill.

Bardella, a former spokesman for Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), also implied that Breitbart’s handling of the incident at the Trump event was his main reason for leaving.

“My own personal observation is that there is a cycle of behavior that is escalating and it's happening exclusively at Donald Trump events,” he said in the statement. “It is wrong, disgusting and indicative of an ugliness that is contaminating the public and political discourse in our country. Life is too short to invest your time in things you don't believe and aren't passionate about. That is why I made the decision to resign from representing Breitbart."

Michelle Fields, a Breitbart reporter covering Trump’s campaign, filed a criminal

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Breitbart spokesman quits over Trump incident
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 10:44:35 pm »
So, tell me if I have this right: Bardella quit because Breitbart DIDN'T back up the tossed reporter?  Is that what the story implies?

HonestJohn

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 11:00:17 pm »
So, tell me if I have this right: Bardella quit because Breitbart DIDN'T back up the tossed reporter?  Is that what the story implies?

That's exact what Breitbart is doing.

HAPPY2BME

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 11:19:21 pm »
That's exact what Breitbart is doing.

Remember there have been a lot of accusations from people inside Breitbart that a certain candidate is paying them for favorable coverage.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/breitbart-staffers-believe-trump-has-given-money-to-site-for#.fbdmA6j1Y

Kind of makes sense considering how full bore positive they have been for that candidate even though their namesake founder was strongly opposed to him and warned Republicans of him years ago.