Author Topic: Florida GOP Primary Vote  (Read 645 times)

Wingnut

Florida GOP Primary Vote
« on: March 11, 2016, 05:05:59 pm »
Early voting ends tomorrow.  Must slow his hugeness' growth.  Still undecided.  Leaning Cruz.  What is a boy to do! 8888crybaby

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Florida GOP Primary Vote
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 05:10:38 pm »
Ted cruz is the ONLY politician I have ever encountered in my considerably long life that is DOING in office exactly what he promised to do while campaigning for that office.

Hope that helps!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 05:28:56 pm »
I crossed the Other Cuban off my list several debates ago.   So I have two choices left to ponder. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 06:13:25 pm »
At this point it is about numbers. Cruz is the only one in a mathematical position to stop Trump without going the contested convention route. To put it in Football terms, it is mid 2nd quarter and Team trump is up 14 to 10*. There is still a lot left to be played.

The other two didn't even make the playoff and are just still playing hoping one of the main teams drops out.

*Don't get me wrong, this isn't a game and I think too many are treating it as such. Just an analogy.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 06:18:58 pm »
At this point it is about numbers. Cruz is the only one in a mathematical position to stop Trump without going the contested convention route. To put it in Football terms, it is mid 2nd quarter and Team trump is up 14 to 10*. There is still a lot left to be played.

The other two didn't even make the playoff and are just still playing hoping one of the main teams drops out.

*Don't get me wrong, this isn't a game and I think too many are treating it as such. Just an analogy.

Contested convention is the only real way at this point.

Offline ABX

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 06:38:15 pm »
Contested convention is the only real way at this point.

Actually not. It is the reason the media is really pushing hard for their golden hared boy right now. If Rubio and Kasich drop out and pledge behind Cruz, even now that would put it at a virtual tie with more than half the States still able to vote. There are  more than enough outstanding delegates now for either Cruz or Trump to win it cleanly without a contested convention.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 06:53:23 pm »
Ted cruz is the ONLY politician I have ever encountered in my considerably long life that is DOING in office exactly what he promised to do while campaigning for that office.

Hope that helps!

Cruz lost me when he allowed the Bush nose under his administration tent.

I won't be voting for anyone in the presidential primary.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline ABX

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2016, 07:00:13 pm »

Even though that Bush is not a Jeb?

When do we judge people solely by their name versus their personal beliefs and actions? We aren't a caste system or a monarchy where a name is all that matters. Neil isn't political like the rest of his family, he is a very, very successful businessman and by all accounts, very Conservative. He has not even been overtly involved in any of his family's political campaigns. His businesses have been on the up and up without scandal of cronyism or corruption (the biggest dirt on him was he made a lot of money off trading Kopin stock, was accused of insider trading, but was later cleared as he just made a pattern trade that many of others did.).

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 07:04:34 pm »

So others will chose for you.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 07:13:27 pm »
Even though that Bush is not a Jeb?

When do we judge people solely by their name versus their personal beliefs and actions? We aren't a caste system or a monarchy where a name is all that matters. Neil isn't political like the rest of his family, he is a very, very successful businessman and by all accounts, very Conservative. He has not even been overtly involved in any of his family's political campaigns. His businesses have been on the up and up without scandal of cronyism or corruption (the biggest dirt on him was he made a lot of money off trading Kopin stock, was accused of insider trading, but was later cleared as he just made a pattern trade that many of others did.).

He is still the spawn of Poppy and Babs. The Bush Crime Family is a collective,not isolated individuals. Anybody that thinks Baby Bruddr Neil isn't a family agent still believes in Santa.

I find is especially ironic Neil Bush,the head of a savings and loan that "lost" 5 Billion with 5 million of that being traced directly to Neil being hired to be a part of his financial team is ironice beyond belief,given that Neil's answer to "What happened to the money?" was "I doan no. I doan no nutting bout no bankin!" And yes,both JEB and GW had unpaid and unrecoverable loans out of that S&L.

When you let the beak into the door,it's not long before the rest of the vulture shows up.

It's laughable that you can Neil a successful businessman not involved in the fambly crime business of politics. Who do you think it was that took over Uncle Prescott Bush the Thirds position in the Chinese-American Chamber of Commerce?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 07:15:31 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2016, 07:18:09 pm »
So others will chose for you.

I'm not buying that dumbass "lesser of two evils" crap anymore. Evil is evil,regardless of what party they come from.

And finally,*I* am NOT responsible for the decisions other people make. If you vote for the losing candidate,you have nobody to blame but yourself.