Author Topic: Live Press Conference - Dr. Ben Carson endorses Donald Trump  (Read 6595 times)

A-Lert

Re: Live Press Conference - Dr. Ben Carson endorses Donald Trump
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2016, 08:54:48 pm »
What a crappy and inappropriate thing to say!  Classic troll behavior.

No, what is crappy and disgusting  is all the shots being taken at Dr. Carson by the TDS sufferers  simply because he endorsed Trump. . Carson gave his reasons. You don't like it, too bad. Get over it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2016, 08:54:58 pm »
Lol.

I am utterly amazed at the animosity now being directed at a decent man like Dr Carson by the anti-Trump cabal. I understand your disappointment but to question his motives and inner thoughts? Seriously, what is wrong with you people?

Who's questioning his inner thoughts??

You just might be over-thinking this thing, Paladin.  When one's main contribution to the race was decency and honor, then questioning the endorsement of the one in the race with the least of both qualities is a reasonable reaction.

It's the people on his facebook page that are saying in large numbers they feel "betrayed."  Perhaps you should be chastising them too, eh?

btw, using the word "cabal" to describe a group of individuals is just plain dopey.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:56:15 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

A-Lert

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2016, 08:58:50 pm »
Lol.

I am utterly amazed at the animosity now being directed at a decent man like Dr Carson by the anti-Trump cabal. I understand your disappointment but to question his motives and inner thoughts? Seriously, what is wrong with you people?

Yes, suddenly the intelligent, thoughtful, successful Dr. Carson isn't so much anymore simply because he endorses Trump. My hope is that Dr. Carson comes up with a cure for TDS! :beer:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2016, 09:12:54 pm »
Yes, suddenly the intelligent, thoughtful, successful Dr. Carson isn't so much anymore simply because he endorses Trump. My hope is that Dr. Carson comes up with a cure for TDS! :beer:

It's not '"simply because he endorses Trump."  It's that by endorsing Trump he negates everything he stood for during the campaign.

And that clearly bothers the people who supported him.............. as it should.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Paladin

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2016, 09:15:28 pm »
Who's questioning his inner thoughts??

Glad you asked:

Sinkspur: "He stayed in the race as long as he did for the money."

You: "Showing that underneath it all, even gentle Ben is ambitious more than principled."

Rat Patrol: "Ben stayed too long because he was bringing in money.  I suspect he endorsed Trump for a promised job."

You (again): "I guess under all the class, Ben is just a politician like the rest."

Dr Carson's statement on why the endorsement: "I’ve come to know Donald Trump over the last few years. He is actually a very intelligent man who cares deeply about America,” he said. “There are two different Donald Trumps. There’s the one you see on the stage and there’s the one who’s very cerebral.”...

“Everybody wanted his endorsement and everybody loves him and truly, truly admires what he’s done,” he said

Why not just take him at his word instead of attacking his character and motives?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2016, 09:16:53 pm »
Lol.

You mean the exact thing Lert was doing to ML?   

Offline Paladin

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2016, 09:24:45 pm »

Uh, no, I'm am talking about the level of animosity shown toward a truly decent man like Dr Carson by the anti-Trump cabal. I even listed some of it in a previous post should you care to examine it. Then, of course, I would appreciate you showing how A-Lert has reached that level of spleen in his comments about ML.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

A-Lert

« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2016, 09:30:49 pm »
It's not '"simply because he endorses Trump."  It's that by endorsing Trump he negates everything he stood for during the campaign.

And that clearly bothers the people who supported him.............. as it should.

No, he doesn't negate everything he stood for during the campaign. That is a TDS allegation. Dr. Carson even gave reasons why he would consider being a vice-presidential candidate on a Trump ticket back in February.

Carson warned that it is “extremely dangerous” if political parties seek to “thwart the will of the people” and must let the "voice of the people be heard."

Mike Ditka During a 2015 interview with the Chicago Sun-Times, the former Bears coach commented on Trump.“I think that he has the fire in his belly to make America great again and probably do it the right way. I do like him, yes. I do like him,” he said

Terrell Owens The retired wide receiver, who appeared in “Celebrity Apprentice” in 2015, told TMZ Sports in June that he fully supports his former boss's run because "he won't put up with B.S."

Ivana Trump “Access Hollywood” interviewed Trump’s ex-wife in 2015 and she had this to say about him: "He’s a great negotiator. . . . I think he will be a great president."

Jan Brewer The Arizona governor endorsed Trump on Feb. 27. "For years I pleaded with the federal government to do their job and secure our border. Today, we can elect a President who will do just that — Donald J. Trump,"

Brian France NASCAR’s chairman and chief executive endorsed Trump for president at a campaign rally on Feb. 29 at Valdosta State University in Valdosta, Ga

A-Lert

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2016, 09:32:19 pm »

What thing?????????

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2016, 09:40:02 pm »
Terrell Owens?  Terrell friggin' OWENS has endorsed Trump?  Well that does it.

Here's a guy who has a reason to be upset:

Brian M. Rosenthal ‏@brianmrosenthal  6h6 hours ago Austin, TX
Inbox from Sam Pimm, former head of a national pro-Carson super PAC, now backing @TedCruz: "I'm ashamed to have ever supported Ben Carson"
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2016, 09:42:19 pm »
You missed one, A-Lert, an important one:

"Conservative icon Phyllis Schlafly, who led the charge against the Equal Rights Amendment in the 1970s, has endorsed Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump.

The 91-year-old pro-family activist, who previously called Trump the "last hope for America," took the podium at Trump's campaign rally Friday afternoon in St. Louis to formally announce her support for the New York billionaire."

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2016, 09:48:42 pm »
PzLdr wrote above (regarding Ben Carson in the coming Trump administration):
"Surgeon General or head of the VA would be a good fit."

Head of the Veterans' Administration would be a far more effective position for Dr. Carson to hold. He might actually accomplish something there.

Surgeon General is too much a figurehead position.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2016, 09:51:44 pm »
Carson is the most impressive endorsement Trump has received to date.  it comes with plenty of benefits.  It gives Trump more respectability since Carson is esteemed by most everyone as an honorable man.   It also deflects racism charges.  The endorsement also reiterates that Trump is an "outsider" since he has support of another significant "outsider" candidate.   Trump hit a home run on this one and I am a bit surprised it happened so soon.

A-Lert

« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2016, 09:53:17 pm »
You missed one, A-Lert, an important one:

"Conservative icon Phyllis Schlafly, who led the charge against the Equal Rights Amendment in the 1970s, has endorsed Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump.

The 91-year-old pro-family activist, who previously called Trump the "last hope for America," took the podium at Trump's campaign rally Friday afternoon in St. Louis to formally announce her support for the New York billionaire."

There are plenty more, but I was just attempting to show individuals who represent   diverse groups, racially, ethnically and geographically.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2016, 09:55:43 pm »
It gives Trump more respectability since Carson is esteemed by most everyone as an honorable man.

He was so regarded MBB1984, but that was in the past. Now he has become a money grubbing, amoral, ambitious politician seeking only to feather his own nest.

Other than that, well said.

A-Lert

« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2016, 09:56:12 pm »
Terrell Owens?  Terrell friggin' OWENS has endorsed Trump?  Well that does it.

Here's a guy who has a reason to be upset:

Brian M. Rosenthal ‏@brianmrosenthal  6h6 hours ago Austin, TX
Inbox from Sam Pimm, former head of a national pro-Carson super PAC, now backing @TedCruz: "I'm ashamed to have ever supported Ben Carson"

Brian, can I send you some tissues? 8888crybaby

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2016, 09:56:17 pm »
Uh, no, I'm am talking about the level of animosity shown toward a truly decent man like Dr Carson by the anti-Trump cabal. I even listed some of it in a previous post should you care to examine it. Then, of course, I would appreciate you showing how A-Lert has reached that level of spleen in his comments about ML.

And, you're not in the least concerned about the ugliness expressed by the pro-Trump crowd? 

I just quoted Lert.  You can read it yourself.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2016, 09:56:41 pm »
He won't.

I wouldn't be so sure. I think Trump and his supporters will be amazed and confused by the number of Sanders supporters that get behind the middle finger he represents in an effort to destroy Hillary Clinton.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 10:01:25 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2016, 09:57:38 pm »
He was so regarded MBB1984, but that was in the past. Now he has become a money grubbing, amoral, ambitious politician seeking only to feather his own nest.

Other than that, well said.

[Will reply to you later, friend!   :patriot:]

Offline Paladin

« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2016, 09:59:18 pm »

Where? The last post I see from you is: "You mean the exact thing Lert was doing to ML?"

I would be most interested in seeing evidence A-Lert has been as critical of ML as she and some others have been toward Dr Carson.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 10:01:23 pm by Paladin »

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2016, 10:06:15 pm »
Here is one reason he endorsed Trump.  Watch the whole thing.  No one else cared about Carson.

Watch the video...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HrgeslpPZnk

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline musiclady

« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2016, 10:06:25 pm »
Glad you asked:

Sinkspur: "He stayed in the race as long as he did for the money."

You: "Showing that underneath it all, even gentle Ben is ambitious more than principled."

Rat Patrol: "Ben stayed too long because he was bringing in money.  I suspect he endorsed Trump for a promised job."

You (again): "I guess under all the class, Ben is just a politician like the rest."

Dr Carson's statement on why the endorsement: "I’ve come to know Donald Trump over the last few years. He is actually a very intelligent man who cares deeply about America,” he said. “There are two different Donald Trumps. There’s the one you see on the stage and there’s the one who’s very cerebral.”...

“Everybody wanted his endorsement and everybody loves him and truly, truly admires what he’s done,” he said

Why not just take him at his word instead of attacking his character and motives?

Because what he is doing is inconsistent with his previous statements and actions.

I stand by my statement.  This endorsement proves that underneath it all, he is a politician, and ambitious at that.

btw, you feel very free to question my motives, don't you?  Why not just take me at my word?

A-Lert

« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2016, 10:06:48 pm »
And, you're not in the least concerned about the ugliness expressed by the pro-Trump crowd? 

Where did you quote me??

The ugliness of the pro-Trump crowd?  Who, when and where? I'd gladly compare the anti-Trump ugliness to that you accuse pro-Trump people of making. Want to do it? I'm loaded with examples.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2016, 10:09:39 pm »

Oh, there was plenty of "spleen" in A-lert's ad hominem attack on me.  You just don't want to see it because you probably agree that I should be calling Carson an "Uncle Tom".............. that is, that I am liberal, and think he is betraying his race by endorsing Trump.

Complete rubbish, btw, and very, very personal and demeaning.

Much worse, IMO, than my saying he is "ambitious" or a "politician."

But then again, you won't agree with that either because I'm the bad guy here.  Right?   :smokin:

HonestJohn

« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2016, 10:48:11 pm »
Scene:   The Presidential Debates between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton

Trump:

"Isn't it a fact, Ms. Clinton, that your college thesis was titled "It's all about the Fight"? 
And that it happily touted the preaching of Saul Alinsky?   
And that, in fact, his book Rules for Radicals was dedicated to Lucifer?"

Clinton:   "Uhhhh......COUGH....COUGH"  (turning beet red as she grabs the side of her head and faints)

I don't think Trump can utter that many words with making reference to his YUGE greatness somewhere in it.