Author Topic: Odds of a Hillary email grand jury underway just went much higher  (Read 1072 times)

rangerrebew

March 10, 2016
Odds of a Hillary email grand jury underway just went much higher
By Thomas Lifson

I have speculated that, given the immunity offered to Bryan Pagliano, it is possible that a grand jury has been convened.  But I am not a lawyer, much less a former U.S. attorney.  Joseph E. diGenova, on the other hand, is one of a small group of attorneys generally considered a super-lawyer, and not only a veteran U.S. attorney, but the former U.S. attorney for Washington, D.C., at the very top of federal prosecutors.  So when Joe diGenova offers an opinion on the likelihood of a grand jury being empaneled, we (a group that includes Hillary Clinton! – possibly the first time I have even included myself in a grouping with Hillary) should pay attention.

Richard Pollock of the Daily Caller News Foundation spoke with him:

“My long experience as the United States Attorney and an independent counsel makes me conclude as a matter of professional judgment that a grand jury exists,” diGenova told TheDCNF.  “It is readily apparent to me that there is at least a grand jury impaneled for the purposes of issuing subpoenas,” he said.

The specifics of diGenova’s expert opinion are daunting for Hillary.  It is not just that violations of law over classified information that are likely at issue.

The Bureau has between 100 and 150 agents assigned to the case. They would not have that many people assigned to a classified information case[.]

Remember that diGenova has actually run investigations.  So he knows about resource allocation and subject matter for inquiry.

“Based on reports that agents are asking questions about the foundation, it seems to me to properly the subject is a second prong of the investigation,” he said.

And what might that second prong be?  He doesn’t say, but Pollock offers this helpful reminder:

The Department of State’s Inspector General (IG) subpoenaed documents from the Clinton Foundation last fall to determine if State Department policies had been influenced by foundation activities. The State IG asked for records held by the foundation and Huma Abedin, who for six months simultaneously worked for former Secretary Clinton and the Clinton Foundation.

A number of the 55,000 pages of government-related emails that were released under a court order also show numerous emails between Clinton’s aides and the Clinton Foundation’s foreign policy director, Amitabh Desai.

And another anonymous source says:

The corruption probe is being led by the Justice Department’s public integrity division, a former FBI agent who requested anonymity told TheDCNF.

That would be consistent with bribery charges and the like – far beyond abuses of classified information, and if successfully prosecuted, opening the possibility of prison.  Reports that the FBI forensic team has recovered the erased emails from Hillary’s server open the door to many other charges, including destruction of evidence and criminal conspiracy.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/03/odds_of_a_hillary_email_grand_jury_underway_just_went_much_higher.html#ixzz42aOC3ZKL
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline libertybele

Re: Odds of a Hillary email grand jury underway just went much higher
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 01:39:26 pm »
She has remained unaccountable and given immunity on every thing she's been accused of.  This will be no different.  She continues to lie about Benghazi, and according to her, she has only done what her predecessors have done with e-mails.  She has made that abundantly clear.  Hillary does not wrong.  She is a saint. She is untouchable and she is running for the presidency which the DEMS will do everything to ensure her seat in the oval office.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 01:42:48 pm »
Whether a grand jury exists or not, there will be no indictment against Clinton before the election in November.  That would most likely create a constitutional crisis and neither the FBI nor the DOJ wants to take the heat for blowing up a presidential election just before the votes are cast.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 03:02:19 am »
By putting a possible indictment into the hands of a grand jury, Loretta Lynch gets out of having to go before the cameras and say that "I made the decision" ...

Nope -- won't be her fault, or obama's.

Blame Hillary's fate on the grand jury instead!

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 03:19:49 am »
I will be amazed if she escapes the email scandal unfazed. At the very least it will destroy her in the general election.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

A-Lert

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 03:28:29 am »
Whether a grand jury exists or not, there will be no indictment against Clinton before the election in November.  That would most likely create a constitutional crisis and neither the FBI nor the DOJ wants to take the heat for blowing up a presidential election just before the votes are cast.

Hillary is hoping to get elected in November so she can pardon herself.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 03:29:56 am »
Hillary is hoping to get elected in November so she can pardon herself.

Absolutely she is.  That probably motivates her more than anything else.