Author Topic: Trump Is Asked About Social Security: Blathers About Saudi Arabia  (Read 557 times)

cuky

Trump Is Asked About Social Security: Blathers About Saudi Arabia

http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/03/10/trump-asked-social-security-blathers-saudi-arabia-video/

During the GOP debate, Dana Bash asked Donald Trump about what he would do to make Social Security solvent. He went on about waste and fraud:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mS-XSjdeL0

It’s like asking a two year old to read a Wall Street Journal editorial

A-Lert

Re: Trump Is Asked About Social Security: Blathers About Saudi Arabia
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 07:12:55 am »
Trump Is Asked About Social Security: Blathers About Saudi Arabia

http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/03/10/trump-asked-social-security-blathers-saudi-arabia-video/

During the GOP debate, Dana Bash asked Donald Trump about what he would do to make Social Security solvent. He went on about waste and fraud:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mS-XSjdeL0

It’s like asking a two year old to read a Wall Street Journal editorial

If ALL the pols in DC would stop wreckless spending SS could be solvent. We're $18 trillion in debt!!!!!

Fact;

He spent more than 21 straight hours railing against any government funding for Obamacare. Then Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas joined the other 99 senators from both parties in voting Wednesday to move ahead on a spending plan expected to do just that.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 02:05:11 pm »
Finally. I thought perhaps I was the only one that caught Trump not answering a couple of questions properly -- he clearly went off subject a couple of times. 

Secondly, was it me, or did Trump look like he wasn't feeling well?  Maybe it was just the camera angle bit his one eye seemed swollen and he just didn't look good. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 02:16:59 pm »
Finally. I thought perhaps I was the only one that caught Trump not answering a couple of questions properly -- he clearly went off subject a couple of times. 

Secondly, was it me, or did Trump look like he wasn't feeling well?  Maybe it was just the camera angle bit his one eye seemed swollen and he just didn't look good.

Trump doesn't know anything.  Last night proved it.  He was shown up multiple times by Rubio and Cruz.  Cuba, SS, Israel policy.

How many times did he say "We'll make great deals"?  That's all he knows how to do is bullshit.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 02:23:57 pm »
Trump doesn't know anything.  Last night proved it.  He was shown up multiple times by Rubio and Cruz.  Cuba, SS, Israel policy.

How many times did he say "We'll make great deals"?  That's all he knows how to do is bullshit.

Exactly.  That's the only way he knows how to communicate; lot's of hot air and a lot of b.s.  He's about as shallow and hollow as they come.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 02:29:42 pm »
If ALL the pols in DC would stop wreckless spending SS could be solvent. We're $18 trillion in debt!!!!!

$18 Trillion doesn't even cover Social Security. Unfunded liabilities (ie promissory notes) for Social Security and other programs is actually $87 Trillion plus.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/11/is-our-debt-burden-really-100-trillion/265644/

No amount of spending cuts or screaming platitudes will fix that. The world annual GDP is only $77.8 Trillion.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 02:30:42 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 03:48:23 pm »
$18 Trillion doesn't even cover Social Security. Unfunded liabilities (ie promissory notes) for Social Security and other programs is actually $87 Trillion plus.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/11/is-our-debt-burden-really-100-trillion/265644/

No amount of spending cuts or screaming platitudes will fix that. The world annual GDP is only $77.8 Trillion.

So in other words, when SS becomes insolvent we'll all be hitting each other over the heads with our canes and escaping in our wheelchairs (for those lucky enough to afford one) fighting to survive.  Meanwhile people like Trump will be sitting in one of his penthouses laughing at how much additional wealth and power we gave him.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 03:53:00 pm »
So in other words, when SS becomes insolvent we'll all be hitting each other over the heads with our canes and escaping in our wheelchairs (for those lucky enough to afford one) fighting to survive.  Meanwhile people like Trump will be sitting in one of his penthouses laughing at how much additional wealth and power we gave him.

"People like Trump"...............will be better off than the rest. Always has been so, always will be so.

Unless you like income equality; got envy ??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

A-Lert

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 07:19:40 pm »
I found this interesting.

Who died before they collected Social Security?

WHERE DID THAT MONEY GO?

THE ONLY THING WRONG WITH THE
GOVERNMENT'S CALCULATION OF AVAILABLE SOCIAL SECURITY IS THEY FORGOT
TO FIGURE IN THE PEOPLE WHO DIED BEFORE THEY EVER COLLECTED A SOCIAL SECURITY CHECK!!!

Remember, not only did you and I contribute to Social Security but your employer did, too. It totaled 15% of your income before taxes.

If you averaged only $30K over your working life, that's close to $220,500.
Read that again.

Did you see where the Government paid in one single penny?
We are talking about the money you and your employer put in a Government bank to insure you and me that we would have a retirement check from the money we put in, not the Government.

Now they are calling the money we put in an entitlement when we reach the age to take it back.
If you calculate the future invested value of $4,500 per year (yours & your employer's contribution) at a simple 5% interest (less than what the Government pays on the money that it borrows).

After 49 years of working you'd have $892,919.98. If you took out only 3% per year, you'd receive $26,787.60 per year and it would last better than 30 years (until you're 95 if you retire at age 65) and that's with no interest paid on that final amount on deposit!
If you bought an annuity and it paid 4% per year, you'd have a lifetime income of $2,976.40 per month.

THE FOLKS IN WASHINGTON
HAVE PULLED OFF A BIGGER PONZI SCHEME
THAN BERNIE MADOFF EVER DID.
Entitlement my foot; I paid cash for my social security insurance!
Just because they borrowed the money for other government spending, doesn't make my benefits some kind of charity or handout!!

Remember the benefits for members of Congress?
+ free healthcare,
+ outrageous retirement packages,
+ 67 paid holidays,
+ three weeks paid vacation,
+ unlimited paid sick days.

Now that's welfare, and they have the nerve to call my social security retirement payments entitlements?

They call Social Security and Medicare an entitlement even though most of us have been paying for it all our working lives, and now, when it's time for us to collect, the government is running out of money.

Why did the government borrow from it in the first place? It was supposed to be in a locked box, not part of the general fund.
Sad isn't it?