Author Topic: Thursday 10 March Music Thread  (Read 1717 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Thursday 10 March Music Thread
« on: March 11, 2016, 01:32:29 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lLnZLjM-6I

One of my all-time favorite bands. Saw them live 7 times,and each time they were so good they were unbelievable. Bumped into a guy I knew that had gone to  high school with them once,and was invited back stage to party with them after the concert. Unfortunately,the woman I was with was married,and I had to get her back home before sunrise.

How ironic is it that one of the greatest blues songs ever produced was written and sung by a white boy in his early 20's that played guitar with his thumb,and featured a flute? Give a listen to "Can't You See" if you don't know what I am talking about.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline flowers

Re: Thursday 10 March Music Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 01:38:04 am »
I don't do youtube.....fave song from Marshall Tucker....Green Grass and High Tides

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 01:39:24 am »
Areosmith first album....best ever for them, what say you? I haven't been following this thread because of my youtube restrictions.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 01:41:51 am »
Areosmith first album....best ever for them, what say you? I haven't been following this thread because of my youtube restrictions.

I'm a little confused. Do you want me to post that lp for you because you can't access or post it for  some reason?

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 01:45:27 am »
I'm a little confused. Do you want me to post that lp for you because you can't access or post it for  some reason?
No don't have the bandwidth.

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 01:46:30 am »
I live in the woods. Literally.

So do I. even live in wood surrounded by water. In other words,on a island. Still,I have plenty of bandwidth through my phone line to download or run everything I have tried.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 02:43:55 am by sneakypete »

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 03:07:18 am »
Love me some MTB.  Nice post.  But tonight.... I'm feeling more like some Whipped Cream

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud_Y3lhy3e0

and some other Delights.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 03:08:42 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lLnZLjM-6I

One of my all-time favorite bands. Saw them live 7 times,and each time they were so good they were unbelievable. Bumped into a guy I knew that had gone to  high school with them once,and was invited back stage to party with them after the concert. Unfortunately,the woman I was with was married,and I had to get her back home before sunrise.

How ironic is it that one of the greatest blues songs ever produced was written and sung by a white boy in his early 20's that played guitar with his thumb,and featured a flute? Give a listen to "Can't You See" if you don't know what I am talking about.

One of mine too.  And, I'm officially jealous now.  I only got to see them once - in the Ozarks. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 06:47:06 am »
Ok, I don't like much new music. Not because it's bad, because it's uninspiring, or just empty dick swagger. Have become enamoured though of a song called Renegades by the X Ambassadors. You may have heard it on some commercials like Subaru.

It is reminiscent of the old Sons of the Pioneers Western music of the 40's and 50's. Some of the words give me goosebumps. Very inspiring song that makes you want to jump on board and go off to lands unknown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tu4wWSbnIs

Long live the pioneers
Rebels and mutineers
Go forth and have no fear
Come close and lend an ear...

« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 02:52:32 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 02:32:48 pm »
Below is what you get when you remove the "s" from the "https" in the browser URL at You Tube,and post the abbreviated URL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tu4wWSbnIs
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 02:35:34 pm by sneakypete »