Author Topic: Wounded Warrior Project reportedly fires top executives amid spending controversy  (Read 1222 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/10/wounded-warrior-project-reportedly-fires-top-executives-amid-spending-controversy.html

Published March 10, 2016 FoxNews.com

The Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Operating officer of the Wounded Warrior Project were fired Thursday after an investigation into lavish spending by the veterans charity, according to a report by CBS News.

Wounded Warrior Project's CEO, Steven Nardizzi, and COO, Al Giordano, were fired by the charity's board amid criticisms about how it spends more than $800 million raised in donations in the past four years, CBS News reported.

The charity came under fire after an earlier CBS News investigation in January revealed large amounts of spending on administration, meetings, and travel.

In January, Charity Navigator, a group that oversees nonprofit organizations, placed Wounded Warrior Project on its watch list, Fox News reported, citing a separate CBS report.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Good. Too many charities pay the people at the top ridiculous amounts of money, and pass too little money through to the beneficiaries.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Wingnut

Good. Too many charities pay the people at the top ridiculous amounts of money, and pass too little money through to the beneficiaries.

Truer words were never spoken. 

Same reason why I never give to the United Way.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
About time. 

Offline PzLdr

Truer words were never spoken. 

Same reason why I never give to the United Way.

Same reason my Pop [and I] never donated to the Red Cross.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
It's why I give to the Salvation Army.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
That is a great resource. I have friends in AA that give SA credit for saving their lives.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline PzLdr

I donate to Sally for the same reason you do, and one other.

When I got back from Korea, I was assigned to recruiting duty out of Philly. Sally put me up at their hostel until a BOQ room opened upin a week or two. I had no contact with Sally after that.

In August, '71 my orders for 'Nam came through. That December, I got a Christmas fruitcake in the mail. From Sally
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

A-Lert

IMO they are one of the best along with some children's  research hospitals.