Author Topic: Loretta Lynch: DOJ Not Required to Take FBI Advice on Hillary Prosecution  (Read 3659 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=718471

Newsmax
Loretta Lynch: DOJ Not Required to Take FBI Advice on Hillary Prosecution
Thursday, March 10, 2016 12:52 PM

The Department of Justice would not be required to have to prosecute Hillary Clinton even if the FBI were to recommend charges be filed against her for the use of a private email server when she was secretary of state, Attorney General Loretta Lynch has indicated.

The Washington Examiner reports that the nation's top law enforcer — answering a question from Sen. John Cornyn, a Texas Republican, as to whether her agency would be "required" to pursue criminal charges against Clinton — responded:

"It would not be an operation of law, it would be an operation of procedures," Lynch said.

As well, according to Lynch, a decision to pursue a criminal case would be "done in conjunction with the agents" involved in the probe, and would "not something that we would want to cut them out of the process."

The FBI is currently investigating the circumstances of Clinton's use of a private email server, on which some classified government information was reportedly passed.

Donald Trump has said he would pursue charges against Clinton if he is elected president.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

So if the FBI finds enough evidence to convict Hillary Clinton, the DOJ doesn't have to prosecute the crime?

Did I get that right??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
So if the FBI finds enough evidence to convict Hillary Clinton, the DOJ doesn't have to prosecute the crime?

Did I get that right??

Yep...iow's Hillary once again gets off scott-free
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Yep...iow's Hillary once again gets off scott-free

And by that time, she may be President............  oy, what a world!   :shrug:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline PzLdr

Did I get that right??

Yep. It's called prosecutorial discretion. At both the Federal and State level. You just say, "Decline to prosecute".
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline musiclady

Yep. It's called prosecutorial discretion. At both the Federal and State level. You just say, "Decline to prosecute".

That's convenient for Hillary........   **nononono*

Offline PzLdr

That's convenient for Hillary........   **nononono*

It's convenient for the system, if it's not abused. Example. I had a case where a 15 year old girl claimed rape. All the independent witnesses denied her allegations. There was no forensic evidence she reported the 'crime' several days [and showers and clothes washings later]. But the cops took the charge [a feature in my jurisdiction] as a felony. My office knocked it down to a misdemeanor [pass the potatoes] and as a supervisor, it wound up with me.

The defense attorney was an office alumnus, and a straight shooter. He gave me a tape of a Richard Bey [Jerry Springer's predecessor] show where our complainant. and her mother were discussing how the girl would lie about sex with guys to get them in trouble. Solution: Dismiss. Prosecutorial discretion. Decline to prosecute.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Bill Cipher

It's convenient for the system, if it's not abused. Example. I had a case where a 15 year old girl claimed rape. All the independent witnesses denied her allegations. There was no forensic evidence she reported the 'crime' several days [and showers and clothes washings later]. But the cops took the charge [a feature in my jurisdiction] as a felony. My office knocked it down to a misdemeanor [pass the potatoes] and as a supervisor, it wound up with me.

The defense attorney was an office alumnus, and a straight shooter. He gave me a tape of a Richard Bey [Jerry Springer's predecessor] show where our complainant. and her mother were discussing how the girl would lie about sex with guys to get them in trouble. Solution: Dismiss. Prosecutorial discretion. Decline to prosecute.

If it's used wisely, then it definitely helps to make the system run.

Offline musiclady

Fascinating.

As in anything else, what is overall good for the system in corrupt hands becomes corrupt.

Offline Relic

And by that time, she may be President............  oy, what a world!   :shrug:

A good number of posters to this site hope she is.

Offline musiclady

Absolutely not true, Relic.  Absolutely NOT.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Did I get that right??

Not even if they have her on video tape signing a notarized confession.

The FBI comes under the alleged Justice Department,and take their marching orders from them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline flowers

I seems she still has teamvaljars OK to be prez.  8888crybaby **nononono*

Offline GourmetDan

The FBI comes under the alleged Justice Department,and take their marching orders from them.

Comey is becoming a 'problem'... he thinks doing his job takes priority over politics...  silly man...   :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Bill Cipher

Principally those who want Trump nominated, given that he consistently polls the worst against her in a head-to-head.

Offline PzLdr

Principally those who want Trump nominated, given that he consistently polls the worst against her in a head-to-head.

Anybody who's followed Hillary's "career" since the Watergate days should want to see her in prison. For a long, long, long time.

Bill Cipher

Anybody who's followed Hillary's "career" since the Watergate days should want to see her in prison. For a long, long, long time.

I don't disagree with you in the least.  But this close to the election I do not think any Attorney General, republican, democrat, moderate, whatever, would initiate a prosecution against a major candidate for the presidency; not even an indictment would issue.  The optics alone would be terrible because it would be taken as the current administration intentionally interfering in the race for political/ideological purposes.  Beyond that, it might even trigger a constitutional crisis of some sort.

I think the only thing that would bring a prosecution would be irrefutable proof of hard-core terrorism; perhaps something like Putin turning over reams of top-secret documents that were sent to him from the Clinton server (sent voluntarily, not taken by hack) along with an email chain in which Clinton offers to provide those documents to Putin.

Offline Relic

Absolutely not true, Relic.  Absolutely NOT.

You think? There are posters who have admitted they will vote for Hillary over Trump.

#nevertrump   right?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Really?

Who are they? 

Offline musiclady

You think? There are posters who have admitted they will vote for Hillary over Trump.

#nevertrump   right?

Only 2 that I know of said they would vote for Hillary.

One is for Trump, one against.

The idea that there are more than a handful (if that) who would vote for Hillary is absurd.

The idea that anyone here actually wants Hillary is even more ludicrous.  There may be a liberal troll or two (if I were a betting person, I'd say they're on the Trump side, but I'm not), but none of the regular members here actually want Hillary to be elected.

It was a hyperbolic and unfounded statement.