Author Topic: Carly Fiorina endorses Ted Cruz  (Read 1439 times)

Offline flowers

Carly Fiorina endorses Ted Cruz
« on: March 09, 2016, 03:50:55 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/carly-fiorina-endorses-ted-cruz-220494

MIAMI — Former Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina endorsed Sen. Ted Cruz on Wednesday in a surprise appearance in Miami.

"I checked the box for Ted Cruz,” said Fiorina, the former Hewlett-Packard CEO who ended her own presidential bid in February.

"We knew Ted Cruz is a leader and a reformer,” Fiorina said. "He is willing to take on the status quo in Washington D.C.”

She said Cruz “is proud to be known by the enemies he’s made in the D.C. Cartel.”

She declared that Cruz is the only candidate left who can still beat Donald Trump “at the ballot box."

HAPPY2BME

Re: Carly Fiorina endorses Ted Cruz
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 04:13:54 pm »
God love her.

Carly brought in exactly ONE delegate.

One.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 04:18:15 pm »
She might be a good VP pick for Cruz.
The Republic is lost.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 04:18:24 pm »
God love her.

One.

Yep.  Still, I think she'd be good in some capacity in a Trump cabinet.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 04:22:43 pm »

Apparently she really took Trump's remarks about her face, personally !! She didn't deserve his comment.

So it is payback time. Or if you prefer, you can believe this is all about high principle, etc. Mostly baloney.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 04:24:38 pm »
Apparently she really took Trump's remarks about her face, personally !! She didn't deserve his comment.

So it is payback time. Or if you prefer, you can believe this is all about high principle, etc. Mostly baloney.

Yeah, it was a smarta$$ remark by Trump - even though he did say it off the record.  I hope he learned a lesson from that.  I think though, if he were to approach Carly with a cabinet offer - they could make peace.  I'd like to see that.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 04:27:21 pm »

=========================

For her business experience, yes.

But I don't like her war agenda.  Don't like Trump's either.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 04:35:18 pm »

I hope not... do not trust her..

Offline Longiron

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 04:40:33 pm »
Awesome!  This is a great endorsement for Cruz.  Thank you Carly!  Bless you!

2 Liars do not make ONE Truthful person?  :chairbang:

:whistle:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/08/rubio-camp-accuses-cruz-dirty-tricks-over-hawaii-dropout-email.html

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 04:47:22 pm »
I've never been a Carly supporter; however, does anyone really doubt that Carly could give Hillary a run for her money?  She would be a good VP choice for Cruz as far as bringing in the female vote and she definitely is an outsider. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 04:50:52 pm »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/08/rubio-camp-accuses-cruz-dirty-tricks-over-hawaii-dropout-email.html

Cruz is NOT a liar ... if we want to start throwing stones you need to look in your own house.  Trump personifies the definition of a liar.  Gee...I wonder if camp Rubio who has failed miserably in the elections is 'trumping' up charges against Cruz trying to make some headway.  Rubio is pretty much done.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 04:53:43 pm »
Cruz is NOT a liar ... if we want to start throwing stones you need to look in your own house.  Trump personifies the definition of a liar.  Gee...I wonder if camp Rubio who has failed miserably in the elections is 'trumping' up charges against Cruz trying to make some headway.  Rubio is pretty much done.

If Cruz supporters are smart, they'll reach out to Rubio supporters instead of rubbing it in.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 04:55:35 pm »

Facebook
Carly Fiorina
3 mins ·

Last Tuesday, Virginia had a primary—and even though my own name was on the ballot, I checked the box for Ted Cruz.

When Republicans lost the last Presidential election, the Republican establishment thought it knew just what to do. Pass comprehensive immigration reform. Stop talking about "social issues.” Go along and get along. Don’t rock the boat. Rather than fight for real change, stand by as government grows increasingly incompetent and corrupt.

But they didn't count on Ted Cruz.

Ted Cruz is a true constitutional conservative. A real reformer, and a strong leader. And he can and will unite our party, and fix the festering problems in Washington—whether it’s our broken immigration system or the IRS. Ted Cruz is that conservative.

And here's something I've learned throughout my career: if you are a real leader, you absolutely must challenge the status quo. And when you challenge the status quo, you make enemies. It’s the price of leadership. And that price is one too many people aren’t willing to pay, and so they don’t lead.

Ted Cruz has made enemies by taking on the political class. They're scared we found our guy.

I ran for President because I believe it is time to take our country back—and I still believe that. I still believe we need a candidate who will stand for conservative principles. A nominee who will never settle for the status quo, and who will unite us as Republicans.

It is time for us to unite behind Ted Cruz.

If you’re ready to take our country back—if you’re ready to elect a real constitutional conservative in November—join me now in supporting the next President of these United States, Ted Cruz.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2016, 04:59:32 pm »
If Cruz supporters are smart, they'll reach out to Rubio supporters instead of rubbing it in.

I think they will. I've noticed Cruz and Rubio have backed way off each other to focus on Trump.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 05:54:36 pm »

The fact of the matter is; the 'establishment' is what people don't want and Rubio is part of the establishment.  Cruz came in second in Michigan and Marco came in last in both MS and MI.  Rubio's supporters may help Kasich... but if Kasich doesn't win OH, his days are over as well.  Kasich still has a governorship to go back to.  Rubio has nothing.  His Senate seat is up for grabs.  He has made some very poor political choices; he sold his soul to the GOPe on amnesty and disregarded his voting base and then he decided to give up his Senate seat...once again disregarding his voting base.  It shows at the polls.  He has won MN and PR --with the later not eligible to vote and with Minnesota being an open primary state -- in other words he has virtually NO voting base.  He tried to take out Trump it backfired.  The two candidates left will be two outsiders.  If Trump wins FL, it is going to be difficult for even Cruz to catch him.  They way I see it, Rubio supporters  are having to make a decision right now ... based on all the polling date and elections up until now; do they vote for Marco and hand Trump FL or do they vote for Cruz and help him stop Trump?

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2016, 06:05:25 pm »

Carly who ??

Offline aligncare

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 06:12:50 pm »

Carly Fiorini was quite the rhetorician. Unfortunately, her problem was she was unable to make an emotional connection with voters... I think she's still a little miffed about the 'look at that face' private utterance that leaked out.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2016, 06:18:57 pm »
God love her.

One.
So what? She wasn't the first choice of most people, but she was well-respected and praised for her debate performances. Some people aren't meant to be President but that doesn't mean they don't have a place in the game of politics.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2016, 06:20:50 pm »
Thank God.    A sensible decision with no questionable motives.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2016, 06:21:36 pm »
So what? She wasn't the first choice of most people, but she was well-respected and praised for her debate performances. Some people aren't meant to be President but that doesn't mean they don't have a place in the game of politics.

goopo
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 06:22:12 pm »
She showed class in her FB comment, which I posted above - no bashing of any candidate (not even the one who insulted her appearance). Just "I'm supporting Cruz and here's why." No negativity.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 06:26:14 pm »
After starting with her try for Senator of the largest state, and then moving up to trying for the Presidency, she has no place in the game of politics, yet.

She is a solid person. She had a good business career. What she had to do at HP was brutal, but needed doing nonetheless. Eliminate old dead, technically obsolete wood.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2016, 06:27:58 pm »
She showed class in her FB comment, which I posted above - no bashing of any candidate (not even the one who insulted her appearance). Just "I'm supporting Cruz and here's why." No negativity.

Yep! She has proven that my instincts about here were correct! She is a CLASSY lady!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2016, 06:30:17 pm »
So an establishment crony supports an establishment candidate.

I just don't get the excitement --- but okay.   :shrug:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 06:52:25 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2016, 06:34:16 pm »

From the article:  "In this case, Cruz supporters were more accurately citing the Rubio report -- but the Rubio campaign insists the report itself is false. "