Author Topic: Can Conservatives Deal with a Bigger GOP Tent?  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Paladin

Re: Can Conservatives Deal with a Bigger GOP Tent?
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2016, 04:00:19 am »
If you abandon conservative principles, the tent won't include conservatives.  It will just be another liberal party.

And just what do you think the Me Too Party of the last 1/4 of a century has been?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2016, 04:04:16 am »
So how would you change the constitution to prevent an Obama from being elected again?  What litmus test would you add to Presidential elections? 

I wouldn't.  That's not the point.  The Constitution allowed the American people to indulge in left-wing idiocies, twice.  So the fact that the Constitution allows Trumpkins to dream of electing Trump is neither here nor there; it especially is not any guarantee that electing Trump won't be just as stupid as electing Obama was.

The cruel irony is that Churchill was absolutely correct:  democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2016, 08:19:54 am »
Maybe not to you. But I believe if you had an open mind, you would discover that many Trump supporters come from those same origins.

I attended the original march, in Washington, DC.  And the Glenn Beck/Sarah Palin meet at the Lincoln Memorial on August 28th.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2016, 08:29:03 am »
I attended both of those, as well as 8/10. 

I'll be damned if I listen to any of these chicken choCkers tell me that Don Trump isn't bringing those hopes and dreams to fruition!

I have nothing but pity for the fools that "want to believe" that Saint Ted (of Alberta) or Little Marco (Fraud, Miami) are doing anything but taking marks for a wild ride.

It just wouldn't be honErable of me to let that pass.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 08:31:02 am by katzenjammer »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2016, 08:40:32 am »
I attended both of those, as well as 8/10. 

I'll be damned if I listen to any of these chicken choCkers tell me that Don Trump isn't bringing those hopes and dreams to fruition!

I have nothing but pity for the fools that "want to believe" that Saint Ted (of Alberta) or Little Marco (Fraud, Miami) are doing anything but taking marks for a wild ride.

It just wouldn't be honErable of me to let that pass.

Exactly, my friend.    :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald