Author Topic: Smith & Wesson Sales Hit Highs – Stock Up 957% Since Obama Took Office  (Read 402 times)

rangerrebew

Smith & Wesson Sales Hit Highs – Stock Up 957% Since Obama Took Office
By Eric Scheiner | March 8, 2016 | 11:33 AM EST

http://cnsnews.com/blog/eric-scheiner/smith-wesson-sales-hit-highs-stock-957-obama-took-office

Last Thursday, Smith & Wesson reported huge quarterly numbers and claimed they will be increasing production.

Third quarter revenues for the gunmaker skyrocketed 61% year-over-year to $210.8 million, spurred by a 25.3% jump in handgun sales. Also, Smith and Wesson’s accessories division reported net sales of $16.1 million, compared with $6.1 million for the comparable quarter last year.

Fox Business reports, since President Barack Obama’s inauguration on Jan. 20, 2009. Smith & Wesson’s stock is up a whopping 957%. The broader S&P has risen 135% over the same period.

“We believe overall market growth in firearms is a combination of the long-term trend toward personal protection as well as the shorter term influences of a very strong holiday shopping season, the potential impact of news events, and the current political environment,” Smith & Wesson CEO James Debney said in a company conference call.

“Despite the fact that we entered our fourth quarter with lower inventories, we are focused on increasing the production rates of our key products during the fourth quarter and we are therefore increasing our guidance for the full fiscal year,” Debney said.

h/t FoxBusiness
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 10:52:22 am by rangerrebew »

Offline NavyCanDo

Mrs. Navycando would say I'm the reason, having bought 3 of the M&P line over the last two years. Obama is a huge reason for higher gun sales, plus with terrorism back on our shores. But I would have to add to that the introduction of the SHIELD, a small single stack 9mm that was marketed real well and sold like hotcakes. It's only real compition was the Glock 43 that came out a bit late.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Lando Lincoln

Mrs. Lando has been going to the range with a Ruger LC9s.  Sweet, sweet shooter.  Well, recently she rented a S&W MP Shield "just to try it".  She now has a Shield and I have a hand-me-down LC9s.  LOL!
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline PzLdr

Well, Barry the Boy President DID say he'd revive the economy. And as far as guns and ammo, he has.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline NavyCanDo

Mrs. Lando has been going to the range with a Ruger LC9s.  Sweet, sweet shooter.  Well, recently she rented a S&W MP Shield "just to try it".  She now has a Shield and I have a hand-me-down LC9s.  LOL!

My wife wanted to be a Glock Girl. She went with the G43 after renting about everything of the small-nine category at the range. My Shield and my Springfield XDs did not fill right in her hand.  But to get the G43 shootable for her we had to change out the sights with TruGlo FOs, polish the trigger taking it from a 10 pound pull to a 6+, that will get her by until after market triggers are available. And we replaced the too-tiny for the thumb slide stop.   My guns I didn't have to do anything to. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn