Author Topic: Les Moonves Exposes the Trump Media Game  (Read 1421 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Les Moonves Exposes the Trump Media Game
« on: March 07, 2016, 11:52:28 pm »
Media head admits they are propping up Trump for the ratings.

Moonves called the campaign for president a “circus” full of “bomb throwing,” and he hopes it continues. “Most of the ads are not about issues. They’re sort of like the debates,” he said. “Man, who would have expected the ride we’re all having right now?#…#The money’s rolling in and this is fun,” he said. “I’ve never seen anything like this, and this is going to be a very good year for us. Sorry. It’s a terrible thing to say. But, bring it on, Donald. Keep going,” said Moonves. “Donald’s place in this election is a good thing,” “There’s a lot of money in the marketplace,” the exec said of political advertising so far this presidential season.....

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/432258/donald-trump-media-they-use-him-make-money-help-hillary

Only a tiny excerpt. A lot of detail at the source. Goes back to a theory I had a while back, the media don't hate Trump, on the contrary, they love him and they are doing everything they can to keep him on top.

Moonves said back in August:
“The coming election cycle will clearly ‘Trump’ anything we’ve ever seen before.”

Maybe we should refer to Trump as the MSM Candidate.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 11:54:12 pm by AbaraXas »

A-Lert

Re: Les Moonves Exposes the Trump Media Game
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 12:01:28 am »
The media isn't interested in anything but the cash it is hauling in. If it means keeping Trump in the headlines they'll keep doing it

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 12:05:05 am »
The media isn't interested in anything but the cash it is hauling in. If it means keeping Trump in the headlines they'll keep doing it

Can you blame them? Leslie's job isn't getting candidates elected. It's making cash for cBS.

Offline Carling

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 12:06:42 am »
Can you blame them? Leslie's job isn't getting candidates elected. It's making cash for cBS.

Dan Rather and his phony Bush memos disagree. 

Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

A-Lert

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 12:18:29 am »

Donald Trump's job was making cash for his business, but that seems to be distasteful to the anti-Trumps.

Offline ABX

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 12:20:07 am »
Donald Trump's job was making cash for his business, but that seems to be distasteful to the anti-Trumps.

So is George Soros' job. It isn't that he made money, it is how. I remember when Conservatives used to stand strong against and speak out against Cronyism. Palin is often credited as coining or at least popularizing the phrase "Crony Capitalist".

Offline Carling

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 12:31:27 am »
So is George Soros' job. It isn't that he made money, it is how. I remember when Conservatives used to stand strong against and speak out against Cronyism. Palin is often credited as coining or at least popularizing the phrase "Crony Capitalist".

Do you have an issue with the Kochs buying access and funding campaigns?

I don't, and I don't care about Trump doing so, either.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

A-Lert

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 12:36:37 am »

So are Moonves and the Koch brothers "Crony Capitalists"? How do you decide who is? Where do you draw the line? Who are some "good" capitalists?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 01:24:16 am »

There's no more crony capitalism in Trump's history than is expected by government from all very large businesses. Sarah Palin obviously saw that; she endorsed him.

Offline ABX

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2016, 05:34:23 pm »
Bump for current relevance...

Remember, Trump was the media's chosen candidate. They admitted propping him up for the ratings and $$$$$$$.....

He was their missing airliner times 100.

geronl

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2016, 11:28:15 pm »
 :thumbsup:

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2016, 11:32:05 pm »
There's no more crony capitalism in Trump's history than is expected by government from all very large businesses. Sarah Palin obviously saw that; she endorsed him.

Bullsh*t.  Or are you one of Trump's business confidants?  Have you spoken with him of his daughter's bust size, and whether she's "au naturel" or not?  Perhaps he gave you lessons in <kitty> grabbing?