Author Topic: Conservative group releases brutal anti-Trump ads featuring veterans calling him a 'con man'  (Read 1107 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Military veterans are appearing in ads released over the weekend by an outside group, hoping to stop Donald Trump from snagging the GOP presidential nomination.

The ads, from the conservative American Future Fund, feature veterans disavowing Trump's statements about prisoners of war and end with the text: "Trump's a phony. Stop him now."

In one ad, former Special Forces commander Michael Waltz, who served in Afghanistan, said that Trump "hasn't served this country a day in his life" and called him a Vietnam War draft-dodger.

"He essentially called anyone who is captured in combat a loser," Waltz said. "It's something that I just personally can't stomach and am sickened by, as should every veteran and every soldier in the United States military."....

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/03/07/conservative-group-releases-brutal-anti-trump-ads-featuring-vete/21324019/?a_dgi=aolshare_facebook

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yep, they're pretty pissed.

Wingnut

Offline GAJohnnie

Since when is Mitt Romney's Super Pac "Conservative"

American Future Fund was founded by individuals who worked for Mitt Romney's 2008 bid for the Republican U.S. Presidential nomination.[6] Nick Ryan, an adviser to Republican US Representative Jim Nussle, founded the organization in 2007, with Nicole Schlinger, a GOP leader in Iowa,[7] as its president. Its current president is Iowa Republican state Sen. Sandra Greiner.[8]

Offline ABX

Since when is Mitt Romney's Super Pac "Conservative"

American Future Fund was founded by individuals who worked for Mitt Romney's 2008 bid for the Republican U.S. Presidential nomination.[6] Nick Ryan, an adviser to Republican US Representative Jim Nussle, founded the organization in 2007, with Nicole Schlinger, a GOP leader in Iowa,[7] as its president. Its current president is Iowa Republican state Sen. Sandra Greiner.[8]

When does working on Mitt's campaign automatically make them not. I know Nicole and she is to the right of probably most folks here. Greiner has a very strong ACU rating and was given the "Award for Conservative Achievement" http://acuratings.conservative.org/state-rating/2014-iowa-state-legislative-ratings/

Offline Carling

WALTZ, MICHAEL MR
ALEXANDRIA,VA 22314   ASKARI ASSOCIATES   2/26/2015   $5,000   Right To Rise PAC

WALTZ, MICHAEL MR
ALEXANDRIA,VA 22314   ASKARI ASSOCIATES   6/22/2015   $2,700   Bush, Jeb

:whistle:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline GAJohnnie

When does working on Mitt's campaign automatically make them not. I know Nicole and she is to the right of probably most folks here. Greiner has a very strong ACU rating and was given the "Award for Conservative Achievement" http://acuratings.conservative.org/state-rating/2014-iowa-state-legislative-ratings/

Sorry but when a group presents itself under a false flag, one has to wonder what else the group is covering up. Did they think lying about being "Conservative" would cover up their GOP Establishment roots.

Offline ABX

Sorry but when a group presents itself under a false flag, one has to wonder what else the group is covering up. Did they think lying about being "Conservative" would cover up their GOP Establishment roots.

Why are they lying, just because you think they aren't Conservative? Because they oppose Trump they somehow are automatically 'establishment'?

Offline aligncare

Why are they lying, just because you think they aren't Conservative? Because they oppose Trump they somehow are automatically 'establishment'?

That's rich coming from an anti-Trumper.

Offline Carling

Waltz donating to Right to Rise and Jebbie personally tells me this is an establishment group.  Waltz also runs a private defense contracting company which needs contracts from the DC establishment/GOProg gravy train.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 10:07:42 pm by Carling »

HonestJohn

Waltz donating to Right to Rise and Jebbie personally tells me this is an establishment group.  Waltz also runs a private dense contracting company which needs contracts from the DC establishment/GOProg gravy train.

This negates their service, how?

Offline Carling

This negates their service, how?

Did I say anything about their service?  Not one thing.

Do I need to agree with John Kerry because he served in Vietnam?

Waltz's ties to the GOProgs and donations to Yeb certainly should be known and affect how a person views that person's opinion.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 10:01:33 pm by Carling »

HonestJohn

Waltz's ties to the GOProgs and donations to Yeb certainly should be known and affect how a person views that person's opinion.

It just sounded like this was reason enough to dismiss their service when looking at the advertisment.

Offline aligncare

Every four years I'm reminded just how downright disgusting and sleazy politics is.

And then to be subjected to all the high-minded sanctimonious pablum oozing from Cruz and his supporters pie hole is just too much to take.

Offline Carling

It just sounded like this was reason enough to dismiss their service when looking at the advertisment.

Well you may want to take a reading comprehension course because I posted nothing of the sort.

Offline EdinVA

American Encore is a secretive nonprofit group (formerly known as the Center to Protect Patient Rights) organized under Section 501(c)(4) of the tax code that funneled more than $182 million in undisclosed donations to right-wing advocacy groups from 2009 to 2012, including Americans for Prosperity and the American Future Fund.[1] The Washington Post described it as a "major cash turnstile for groups on the right during the past two election cycles," because it received large amounts of money from Freedom Partners and TC4 Trust as part of the $400 million Koch political network.[2] In 2012, the group's role as a part of an $11 million campaign money laundering shell game was revealed after the California Fair Practices Commission filed suit against one of its donors and recipients, Americans for Responsible Leadership.[3]

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/American_Encore

Just another Koch Brothers effort to protect the status quo.

Offline aligncare

This presidential cycle opened my eyes to some things I let slip under the radar.

Because of the desperate attempts to stop Donald Trump, more attention is being paid to where the money in politic is originating.

I think that's where the line is drawn for me. It's not the amount of money in politics necessarily that bothers me, it's where is it coming from? Who's behind it? In self government, we should know. No?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 11:07:19 pm by aligncare »

Offline ArneFufkin

The "Koch Brothers" bogey man?

How did gopbriefingroom's URL get hijacked to Daily Kos?

What's next?  Putative conservatives mewling about the "donor" class?   Feel the BERN!!!

Offline Carling

The "Koch Brothers" bogey man?

Did you actually read the link?  It's a Koch-funded group.  Not that I care one way or another, but I do find it funny that the same posters whining about Trump buying access run to Koch-funded groups to combat Trump.

I call that hypocrisy. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 12:35:25 am by Carling »