Author Topic: Glenn Beck's Foolish Case Against a Contested Convention  (Read 764 times)

HAPPY2BME

Glenn Beck's Foolish Case Against a Contested Convention
« on: March 07, 2016, 07:06:42 am »
Weekly Standard
Mar 06, 2016 | By John McCormack

On ABC's This Week program today, talk radio host Glenn Beck, a high-profile Cruz endorser and surrogate, suggested that Donald Trump is a lot like Adolf Hitler in 1929. Beck then argued that the Republican party should roll over and make Trump the nominee even if Trump fails to win a majority of delegates required to win the nomination.

"If [Trump] gets close enough and the GOP tries to play games, I won't vote for Donald Trump ever, but I will stand with his right, because the people have spoken," Beck said.

"You just said you don't believe it's fair to deny Donald Trump the nomination if he has the lead going in" to the convention, George Stephanopoulous said a little later in the interview. "Of course not," Beck replied.

Beck argued that "the options of the party playing politics to break us apart at the convention" would lead the party "to civil war on the floor and quite honestly it could lead to civil war in the country."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/glenn-becks-foolish-case-against-a-contested-convention/article/2001433

Bill Cipher

Re: Glenn Beck's Foolish Case Against a Contested Convention
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 07:10:33 am »
I liked reading parts of his book from a few years ago.  But since then Glen seems to have gone off the deep end.  Whatever happens at the GOP convention is not going to start a civil war in the country. 

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 07:23:49 am »
I liked reading parts of his book from a few years ago.  But since then Glen seems to have gone off the deep end.  Whatever happens at the GOP convention is not going to start a civil war in the country.

=================================

Buy his new one:  Donald Trump Is Adolph Hitler.

$29.95

Bill Cipher

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 07:24:46 am »
=================================

Buy his new one:  Donald Trump Is Adolph Hitler.

$29.95

Thanks, but no thanks.  I have better things to do with my time and money. 

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 07:35:18 am »
Thanks, but no thanks.  I have better things to do with my time and money.

===========================

Beck has many 'followers.'  Just like a televangelist.

Glad you are not one of them.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 07:36:17 am »

Thank you.  I got totally turned off when he took the pseudo cult path. 

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 01:38:22 pm »
On this one Beck is right.

I have no doubt ROMNEY thinks he has a shot. I am telling you there no way in hell the rank and file who run the GOP are going to allow this to happen.

You would have whole state delegations walk out of the Convention. Georgia for one is not going to put up with any of this clown crap. We going to make dam sure our delegate know full well that doing anything like that is a career ending move back home.

This is the thing the political pundits and the Dc Media consultants always forget. They continually forget it goes beyond just winning a transit political advantage. You got to live with us afterwards. They can be hard headed some time, they are not politically suicidal. Beyond their own careers, these people really do not have any principals. They may kick up their heels but in the end they will do as they are told by the Party.

There is a lot of anger in the party machine at the local, county and state level at DC. It not just the voters who are angry.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 01:47:53 pm »

Beck is right. A brokered convention will be a total disaster. Do you really believe that Romney just randomly decided to pop his head up and inject himself into this cycle for altruistic reasons? Wrench Priebus is calling that dude 3 times a day to let him know that the GOPe is dying to get him into this if it boils down to a Cruz Trump fight on the floor.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 02:39:34 pm »
If it boils down to a Trump Cruz fight on the convention floor:

1/ Make it pay per view.  :tongue2:

2/ Slap both the idiots upside the head and tell them straight "You are Presidential candidate, you are VP candidate." Not an ideal way for us all to get sort of what we want, but workable. It worked for Reagan, well enough to break the two term cycle.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink