Author Topic: AP: Republican Leaders Starting to See Ted Cruz as Best Anti-Trump Alternative  (Read 9074 times)

Offline libertybele

My dad used to say "if dog rabbit".

It's coming down to a clear and real choice. Hillary or Trump. Make your choice, just be careful what you wish for.

March 15 is a week away and I feel it is too soon to make that call; Rubio could still do the right thing and get out and Cruz's momentum in FL has been growing.  Kasich may very well take OH and that would well position him to take some other states in the East.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 03:28:32 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Fight amongst yourselves as you will, the picture is becoming clearer. The choice will be Trump or Hillary. No amount of personal attacks or insults of the candidates will change the choice, Hillary or Trump.

The fighting, and virtual foot stomping only paves the way for President Hillary Clinton. Think about that, let it sink in, (pun intended).
Enjoy.

Actually, right now in the delegate count Trump is bogged down. Unless he take 64% of the remaining delegates by way outperforming his current trend, he won't have enough for nomination. He's got a tall order ahead of him.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Relic

Actually, right now in the delegate count Trump is bogged down. Unless he take 64% of the remaining delegates by way outperforming his current trend, he won't have enough for nomination. He's got a tall order ahead of him.

I'm not a Trump supporter, but if Trump goes to the convention with a fairly decisive lead, and isn't awarded the nomination, they're just picking who gets to lose to Hillary.

I favor Kasich. If Kasich went to the convention with 900 delegates, and the next closest was say, 650, and they didn't nominate Kasich, I'd be very upset. Not sure I'd stay home, given Hillary as the alternative, but I'd consider it.

Offline aligncare

Tired of arguing with irrational Trump supporters.  Not going to do it anymore!

Thank you. We appreciate that.

Offline aligncare

At least you didn't call me a goose-stepper.  :beer:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Quote from: Bigun on Today at 10:00:11 AM

Thank you. We appreciate that.

Count me in there as well! 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 04:07:15 pm by alicewonders »
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

Fight amongst yourselves as you will, the picture is becoming clearer. The choice will be Trump or Hillary. No amount of personal attacks or insults of the candidates will change the choice, Hillary or Trump.

The fighting, and virtual foot stomping only paves the way for President Hillary Clinton. Think about that, let it sink in, (pun intended).
Enjoy.

The problem is that allowing Trump to win allows Hillary to win.

We have to keep fighting for a man of principle who can actually beat Hillary in the general.

Too early to abandon ship yet, Relic.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

I understand where you're coming from.

The truth about his liberalism and personal decadence doesn't matter to them anyway.  You can only beat your head against solid brick for so long....

(But I'm going to miss the truth you post, Bigun!  :patriot:)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 05:51:46 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I understand where you're coming from.

The truth about his liberalism and personal decadence doesn't matter to them anyway.  You can only beat your head against solid brick for so long....

(But I'm going to miss the truth you post, Bigun!  :patriot:)

Me too.  The lines are clearly drawn, no one is going to cross over at this point, and all we're doing is irritate each other.  (Well, some of the posters seem to relish and enjoy aggravating others, and even though they're very prolific and aggressive they are few in number.  It's fairly easy to put them on ignore for the duration. :ignore:)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'd feel better if you'd take the pledge.    88devil

Offline GAJohnnie

I'd feel better if you'd take the pledge.    88devil

I love the fact the people who have yet to make a rational, rather then an emotional,  case think WE are "irrational".

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I love the fact the people who have yet to make a rational, rather then an emotional,  case think WE are "irrational".

Perhaps that's because you don't understand what the word "rational" means!

rational
[rash-uh-nl, rash-nl]
Spell  Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
adjective
agreeable to reason; reasonable; sensible:
a rational plan for economic development.
having or exercising reason, sound judgment, or good sense:
a calm and rational negotiator.
being in or characterized by full possession of one's reason; sane; lucid:
The patient appeared perfectly rational.
endowed with the faculty of reason:
rational beings.
of, relating to, or constituting reasoning powers:
the rational faculty.
proceeding or derived from reason or based on reasoning:
a rational explanation.
Mathematics.
capable of being expressed exactly by a ratio of two integers.
(of a function) capable of being expressed exactly by a ratio of two polynomials.

noun
Mathematics. rational number.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

rational
[rash-uh-nl, rash-nl]
Spell  Syllables
adjective
rational beings.
the rational faculty.
a rational explanation.
Mathematics.
(of a function) capable of being expressed exactly by a ratio of two polynomials.

noun

That's got to be it, Bigun. 

Offline Lando Lincoln

So, Bigun says he will not argue (or by extension, not provoke) is accordingly... provoked.

No way around it, Bigun.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
So, Bigun says he will not argue (or by extension, not provoke) is accordingly... provoked.

No way around it, Bigun.

Pointing out facts is NOT arguing!  :laugh:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

rational
[rash-uh-nl, rash-nl]
Spell  Syllables
adjective
rational beings.
the rational faculty.
a rational explanation.
Mathematics.

noun

So, lets take your definition of Rational and apply it to the political environment since 1989 (when Reagan left office) and see where we differ...

Is it rational that the national debt has risen from $2.1 Trillion to $19 Trillion despite more than 12 years of republican controlled congress and white house and despite the fact that EVERY republican congresscritter, senate slug and white house resident PROMISED to lower taxes and reduce the size of government?

Is it rational that the world has been drawn to a stalemate in a war against an enemy that is reportedly less than 100,000 strong?

Is it rational that we have trade deficits around the world totaling more than $1 trillion (probably closer to 2) per year?

Is it rational what we are exporting more jobs that goods?

It is rational that because we refuse to secure our borders and control immigration that we have to treat honest citizens like criminals in and around airports?

I understand your frustration Bigun, I share your frustration.
Political correctness has a stranglehold on our society and we are no longer willing or able to take care of our selves out of fear we may upset someone.....

We have allowed both the GOP and DNC destroy our country for their benefit, not ours.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
"Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton won't reform the system........... they ARE the system!!"

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

I present facts – with links – about Trump as counter arguments to the constant smears and misinformation about him, and they're often dismissed or ignored.

So, please, no claims of righteous martyrdom here. I just finished having lunch.

Offline Relic

The problem is that allowing Trump to win allows Hillary to win.

We have to keep fighting for a man of principle who can actually beat Hillary in the general.

Too early to abandon ship yet, Relic.

I'm one person, with one vote. You are the same. Unless you're a mega donor, or decide to devote hours and hours to a campaign, that's what you have.

I'll cast my ballot, but I'm pretty sure where this is all headed.

A Trump win is a Hillary win, only if a certain segment decides that a Hillary win is preferred over Trump.

Trump is vulgar and a bit of an unknown. Hillary is evil, and is well known.
Do you know who Trump would choose for USSC justice? Do you know the kind of candidate Hillary will choose?

I'm totally unsure what Trump would do, but I know what Hillary will do.
Do you want to play Russian Roulette with one round in 6 chambers, or select 6 rounds in 6 chambers?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

It is not rational to claim that Hillary and Trump are equal.

My rational mind concludes they are quite different on illegal immigrant criminals in Sanctuary Cities, and admittance of muslims refugees and terrorists, just for examples.

If your rational mind cannot grasp and readily admit those differences, you might get a checkup for the calibrations on your own rational minds.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm one person, with one vote. You are the same. Unless you're a mega donor, or decide to devote hours and hours to a campaign, that's what you have.

I'll cast my ballot, but I'm pretty sure where this is all headed.

A Trump win is a Hillary win, only if a certain segment decides that a Hillary win is preferred over Trump.

Trump is vulgar and a bit of an unknown. Hillary is evil, and is well known.
Do you know who Trump would choose for USSC justice? Do you know the kind of candidate Hillary will choose?

I'm totally unsure what Trump would do, but I know what Hillary will do.
Do you want to play Russian Roulette with one round in 6 chambers, or select 6 rounds in 6 chambers?

Neither.  I don't want to play any more.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
It is not rational to claim that Hillary and Trump are equal.

My rational mind concludes they are quite different on illegal immigrant criminals in Sanctuary Cities, and admittance of muslims refugees and terrorists, just for examples.

If your rational mind cannot grasp and readily admit those differences, you might get a checkup for the calibrations on your own rational minds.

In theory yes! What PRACTICAL evidence do you have that Trump actually means a word he has said on any of that? I have plenty that says he doesn't!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

In theory yes! What PRACTICAL evidence do you have that Trump actually means a word he has said on any of that? I have plenty that says he doesn't!

Post the evidence!   Or stop being disingenuous!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Not playing ping pong with you because you say nothing.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Post the evidence!   Or stop being disingenuous!

Who made you the posting police?

- J. R. R. Tolkien