Author Topic: Limbaugh on Trump: Much bigger upside than downside  (Read 609 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Limbaugh on Trump: Much bigger upside than downside
« on: March 06, 2016, 03:22:09 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/271957-limbaugh-on-trump-much-bigger-upside-than-downside

March 06, 2016, 09:29 am
Limbaugh on Trump: Much bigger upside than downside

By David McCabe

Conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh said Sunday that there's a "much bigger upside than downside" in the Republican presidential candidacy of real estate developer Donald Trump.

"I think with the case of Trump, there’s a much bigger upside than downside," said Limbaugh while appearing on "Fox News Sunday."

Limbaugh also said he believes that the divide between the Republican establishment and conservatives is “longer, broader, wider than I have ever seen it."

But Limbaugh said that despite its divisions, he thinks the Republican Party will eventually settle on a nominee who will be better than the Democratic candidate, regardless of whether it is Hillary Clinton or Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

He also said he doesn't believe that Florida Sen. Marco Rubio (R) will have an opportunity to get enough traction to get the nomination. And he generally praised Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (R).

"I think it ends with everything working out," he said. "I think it ends with a nominee."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Limbaugh on Trump: Much bigger upside than downside
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 03:25:38 pm »
 Rush is wrong.  I'd like to see how many listeners he's lost since he gave Trump credibility. 

The downside of Donald Trump is that he has no core, no beliefs he won't throw over the side if it suits him.   There is no upside in that.  None.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 03:38:18 pm »
And I thought Rush was doing a 180 on his support for Trump, and was beginning to be critical of him.   I had to turn him off for a long time, not wanting to hear him come to the defense of Trump all the time. But over the last few weeks since that first trump debate meltdown, Trump seemed to lose Rush. I hope Rush isn't compromising his principles again for ratings again.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 03:42:58 pm »
Rush is wrong.  I'd like to see how many listeners he's lost since he gave Trump credibility. 

The downside of Donald Trump is that he has no core, no beliefs he won't throw over the side if it suits him.   There is no upside in that. None.

Nonsense, Sink.

Right now, he's bringing more and more Independents and disillusioned Democrats into the fold. 

You know....doing exactly what the GOPe says it needs to do to win elections.

Furthermore...when did YOU stop listening to Rush Limbaugh.  And why, exactly?

When you are faced with a dozen or more rodents in your house...you shouldn't worry about the bear in the forest.

Trump will bag that bear after he takes care of the immediate problem...winning the nomination.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 03:51:54 pm »
Nonsense, Sink.

Right now, he's bringing more and more Independents and disillusioned Democrats into the fold. 

Bring them into the fold with ideals, ideas, a positive vision for the country,  and truth (are you better off that you were four years ago?) - Like Reagan did.   Not with angry rhetoric, because our  party has enough angry people.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 03:52:21 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Longiron

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 03:59:43 pm »
Nonsense, Sink.

You know....doing exactly what the GOPe says it needs to do to win elections.

Furthermore...when did YOU stop listening to Rush Limbaugh.  And why, exactly?

When you are faced with a dozen or more rodents in your house...you shouldn't worry about the bear in the forest.

Trump will bag that bear after he takes care of the immediate problem...winning the nomination.

Agree but have to agree with SINK and I cannot believe I said that BUT RUSH has lost a lot of listeners since he has been exposed as a FRAUD and had been lying to his audience for the last 20 years. RUSH, HANNITY, BOR, LEVIN all exposed by the NYT as being one to support RUBIO and his immigration plans and now the chosen ONE for the RINOGOPe now that BUSHIE is history. THEY the talk show FRAUDS are now trying to use CRUZ to take out TRUMP. They will not be successful but they think they can control the VOTE and are having a hard time accepting they cannot. Same with the MEDIA, FAUX NEWS and others. RUSH got the memo from the RINOGOPe reminding him of who pays the bills and he jumped in line immediately. RUSH is better than the rest of hiding it and he is trying to back off BUT his goal is the same TAKE TRUMP OUT! If CRUZ is the guy they feel he is easier to get rid of and will turn on him in a heartbeat BUT CRUZ will not take TRUMP out IMO.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 04:01:55 pm by Longiron »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 04:09:25 pm »
Agree but have to agree with SINK .....

Um. Did anyone else see that?

A flying pig with a little demon wearing ice skates on it's back?

:tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 04:14:50 pm »
Bring them into the fold with ideals, ideas, a positive vision for the country,  and truth (are you better off that you were four years ago?) - Like Reagan did.   Not with angry rhetoric, because our  party has enough angry people.

If there was such a sewer as Twitter and/or FaceBook, maybe Reagan might have used a different tactic.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 04:19:41 pm »
Agree but have to agree with SINK and I cannot believe I said that BUT RUSH has lost a lot of listeners since he has been exposed as a FRAUD and had been lying to his audience for the last 20 years. RUSH, HANNITY, BOR, LEVIN all exposed by the NYT as being one to support RUBIO and his immigration plans and now the chosen ONE for the RINOGOPe now that BUSHIE is history. THEY the talk show FRAUDS are now trying to use CRUZ to take out TRUMP. They will not be successful but they think they can control the VOTE and are having a hard time accepting they cannot. Same with the MEDIA, FAUX NEWS and others. RUSH got the memo from the RINOGOPe reminding him of who pays the bills and he jumped in line immediately. RUSH is better than the rest of hiding it and he is trying to back off BUT his goal is the same TAKE TRUMP OUT! If CRUZ is the guy they feel he is easier to get rid of and will turn on him in a heartbeat BUT CRUZ will not take TRUMP out IMO.

Pulleeze, @Longiron!   For the love of God!

Both you and @raml have wonderful things to say....but...take a virtual breath and hit "enter" once in awhile.

These eyes can't read when it becomes 'rambling'.   Thanks!   :patriot:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 04:22:41 pm »
Pulleeze, @Longiron!   For the love of God!

Both you and @raml have wonderful things to say....but...take a virtual breath and hit "enter" once in awhile.

These eyes can't read when it becomes 'rambling'.   Thanks!   :patriot: 

LOL!!  :laugh:

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2016, 05:00:33 pm »
If there was such a sewer as Twitter and/or FaceBook, maybe Reagan might have used a different tactic.   :shrug:

It was called radio then and went out to a much bigger audience than Twitter. His weekly radio commentary program that began in the Goldwatter era.   And it was brilliant , it was inspiring, and it was hopeful.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2016, 06:14:24 pm »
Rush is wrong.  I'd like to see how many listeners he's lost since he gave Trump credibility. The downside of Donald Trump is that he has no core, no beliefs he won't throw over the side if it suits him.   There is no upside in that.  None. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 01:52:08 am »
And I thought Rush was doing a 180 on his support for Trump, and was beginning to be critical of him.   I had to turn him off for a long time, not wanting to hear him come to the defense of Trump all the time. But over the last few weeks since that first trump debate meltdown, Trump seemed to lose Rush. I hope Rush isn't compromising his principles again for ratings again.

I think Rush was trying to stay above the fray and be as neutral as possible, but I think it finally hit him how important this is.  The time for fence sitting is long past.  I think Trump just became difficult to remain neutral about.  FWIW.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Bill Cipher

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 01:56:15 am »

Indeed.  And the truth about Trump is what nobody wishes to hear.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2016, 03:45:20 am »

I think that's exactly what he's doing.

Because if Rush were sticking to the conservative principles he has always maintained, he would state clearly that the "downside" to Trump is gigantic, and the "upside" very small.

The entertainer has clearly overtaken the principled conservative, and that's a shame.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.