Author Topic: Shock. New Sitcom Based on Unfunny and Anti-Catholic writer is Anti-Catholic and Unfunny  (Read 657 times)

rangerrebew

Shock. New Sitcom Based on Unfunny and Anti-Catholic writer is Anti-Catholic and Unfunny

http://www.creativeminorityreport.com/2016/03/shock-new-sitcom-based-on-unfunny-and.html

Yeah, that new show the Real O'Neals is about as unfunny and anti-Catholic as you probably expected. Can you believe it?

So, according to theNew York Post, there's a picture of the Virgin Mary above the toilet and the Catholic mother serves Jesus shaped pancakes to her three very disturbed children. You see, that's supposed to be funny.

And then you get the sidesplitting humor concerning one son's bout with anorexia. Because nothing says funny like anorexia, right? Another son comes out as gay and the girl is stealing from the collection plate. Oh, and the parents are getting a divorce.

The Post called it a "witless collection of offensive anti-Catholic clichés" and says "if “The Real O’Neals” went to confession, a thousand Hail Marys wouldn’t be penance enough."

Dan Savage, who serves as the show's co-creator and whose life is an inspiration for the show has a looooooooong history of anti-Catholicism. According to The Catholic League, when Pope Benedict XVI announced his retirement, Savage wrote: “That Motherf***ing Power-Hungry, Self-Aggrandized Bigot In the Stupid F***ing Hat Announces His Retirement.”

I expect in a few weeks, I'll be able to write "Very Confused, Talentless, Power-hungry, Self Aggrandizing bigot's show in cancelled."
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 11:42:17 am by rangerrebew »

Offline NavyCanDo

And then on another Channel the TV show Lucifer is getting high ratings in its first season. What has happened to us? I'm not talking about Hollywood, they are what they are - I'm talking about the people that welcome this vial garbage into our homes.  TV has took a steep nosedive when it comes to family values and morality beginning in the Clinton years, and it only progressively gets worse with every new season. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sinkspur

Who watches that stuff?  LIVs. 

Tribalism is the order of the day in our culture:  the appeal to the basest emotions.  We see it in what we view, what we listen to, and tolerate it from those who would lead us.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I'll stick to Father Ted, thank you very much.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
My wife watches all these ABC shows on Wednesday nights and I hate them all: Fresh off the boat, modern family, goldbergs, etc.

Same cliches, same cliched jokes, I never laugh once.

I don't get it?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Do they have an unrepentant, lying, phony, fraudulent Deacon in the series ??

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln