Author Topic: John Kasich: If I win Ohio, GOP will get a "brokered convention"  (Read 958 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-kasich-if-i-win-ohio-gop-will-get-a-brokered-convention/

After Thursday's Republican debate, where Donald Trump dominated much of the conversation, Ohio Gov. John Kasich laid out his path forward to the GOP nomination, predicting that a contested convention this summer will eventually stop Trump's rise.

"Frankly, if I win Ohio, we're probably gonna end up in a convention -- a brokered convention -- and then we're gonna find out who the adult is," Kasich said Thursday in an interview with CBS News' chief White House correspondent Major Garrett. The last time Republicans were close to a "brokered" convention, where no candidate has a clear-cut delegate victory, was in the 1976 primary between Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan.

"We don't have many states to be voting in," Kasich acknowledged, but he believes that "we'll hold our own in Mississippi, we'll hold our own in Michigan." He predicted, however, that he would not win Michigan.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: John Kasich: If I win Ohio, GOP will get a "brokered convention"
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 06:30:30 pm »
Kasich is now the man of the hour.  Fresh off a good debate performance where he showed clearly that he's the adult in the room,  Ohio is shaping up as THE key contest.   If Kasich can win Ohio's 66 delagates,  a path will be cleared to a brokered convention.   If he loses to Trump, it's probably over and conservatism loses.   It's imperative, it seems to me, for Ohioans who oppose Trump, even if Cruz or Rubio's their first choice, to unite behind Kasich to deny Trump a victory.   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 07:45:03 pm »
Mailman not to popular as the GOV in OH. He is done after that and when TRUMP reminds him that STERIS CORP I Cleveland OH just inverted to the UK and Lordstown  Auto manufacturer ( GM) is thinking about MEXICO the mailman is DONE. :patriot:

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 08:04:41 pm »
Kasich is hoping that bringing Schwarzenegger to Ohio he will be able to pander to the large German population in Ohio.   A new low in pandering.  Ugh.  Schwarzenegger has dubious moral values.  Shame on Kasich.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 08:13:16 pm »
"Kasich is now the man of the hour."

Are you talking about the Kasich who has yet to win even one primary? The Kasich who is shown behind Trump by 5 points in OH? (http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/ohio/release-detail?ReleaseID=2325) Or some other John Kasich?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 08:22:47 pm »
Can we vote for Kasich's Dad instead? I do feel we know a lot more about him ....  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 08:44:45 pm »
What are the Las Vegas odds on Kasich to win OH?