Author Topic: Trump Derailed by Obama's Endorsement  (Read 349 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Trump Derailed by Obama's Endorsement
« on: March 01, 2016, 08:01:57 pm »
I know it's supposed to be a satirical article; but the DEMS are so hoping that Trump wins it.  They know he will lose against Hillary.

Trump Derailed by Obama’s Endorsement

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Adding a new wrinkle in an already unpredictable election year, Donald Trump saw his poll numbers plummet on Monday after receiving a surprise endorsement from President Barack Obama.

The long-awaited downfall of the abrasive billionaire came in startling fashion, as few had expected the President to offer a full-throated endorsement of Trump, especially on the eve of the all-important Super Tuesday primaries.

Praising the Republican front-runner during a nationally televised address, the President said that, despite media reports to the contrary, Trump shared his views on such important issues as immigration and religious tolerance. “In every way that matters, Donald and I are on exactly the same page,” Obama said, pointing to a framed picture of the billionaire on his Oval Office desk.

Concluding his endorsement with an emphatic closing argument, Obama said, “If you love me, vote for Trump.”

In several G.O.P. polls taken after the President’s stunning endorsement, Trump sank from first to fifth place, trailing the retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson by several points.

As news of the President’s endorsement spread, former Trump supporters across the nation gathered to vent their anger, with some burning signs, trucker hats, and other campaign paraphernalia at impromptu bonfires.

Harland Dorrinson, who had attended a massive Trump rally in Alabama just a day earlier, said that he now felt totally betrayed by the billionaire. “I guess when all is said and done, Donald Trump was just too good to be true,” he said.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/trump-derailed-by-obamas-endorsement

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Trump Derailed by Obama's Endorsement
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 08:20:46 pm »
You know it is satire with this one comment:

Donald Trump saw his poll numbers plummet on Monday....

As Trump has stated several times, he could kill somebody (paraphrased) and he wouldn't drop in the polls.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Trump Derailed by Obama's Endorsement
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 08:23:35 pm »
You know it is satire with this one comment:

As Trump has stated several times, he could kill somebody (paraphrased) and he wouldn't drop in the polls.

He could state that he will name Hillary as his VP and they would still vote for him!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.