Author Topic: Max Boot: Trump is a character test for the GOP  (Read 4281 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Max Boot: Trump is a character test for the GOP
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2016, 04:31:08 pm »
I don't care who you vote for. I don't care if you leave the country. The president will be Donald Trump, or Hillary Clinton.

I don't care, I'm not voting for Trump..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2016, 04:32:04 pm »

I guess..

We're supposed to believe that everything we thought was wrong in Bill and Hillary Clinton is now just fine in Donald J. Trump.

And we're 'throwing a tantrum' if we don't get in line and march to the drumbeat.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2016, 04:33:56 pm »
We're supposed to believe that everything we thought was wrong in Bill and Hillary Clinton is now just fine in Donald J. Trump.

And we're 'throwing a tantrum' if we don't get in line and march to the drumbeat.......

Oh well. I'll be glad to be part of the 48% of the GOP who will not vote for Trump..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2016, 04:56:10 pm »
Blame Trump and his minions for putting a large number of conservatives in this position.

If there were a "large number of conservatives" you wouldn't be in the position you find yourself in.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2016, 05:01:29 pm »

Oh well. I'll be glad to be part of the 48% of the GOP who will not vote for Trump..

Oh, palease .... you might be part of the 48% of this site, but the GOP will vote for Trump.  Count on it. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2016, 05:03:30 pm »

We'll lose no matter which way it goes if Trump wins the nomination.

There's no way we recover from this, kevin.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Carling

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2016, 05:17:03 pm »
Blame Trump and his minions for putting a large number of conservatives in this position.

"Why can't people be just like me???"

Amnesty isn't a conservative position, and Foam Boy must heed his GOPe donors.

The GOPe and its minions forced a lot of outraged GOP voters into this position.  Deal with it.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 05:20:07 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Bill Cipher

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2016, 05:20:23 pm »
I don't want Trump. I don't trust him.

The reality is, we're going to get Trump, or Hillary.

Now, what do you do? Do you really, honestly think Hillary will be better for the country than Trump? We were told so many times, Dole, McCain, Romney, that person is the nominee, hold your nose and vote for them. Now, the shoe is on the other foot, and the tantrum is bigger than any I have seen from the conservatives/tea partiers.

Disclaimer: Back in 2014, when it was apparent that the newly elected GOP majority in the Senate would do exactly what they've done, (nothing), I had my tantrum. I posted that maybe it would be better to give the Democrats complete control so that the people could experience unrestricted Democrat rule. I was wrong. And I now see that Hillary will continue Obama's work in the most Alinsky way possible.

My view is, better trump because he's not Clinton and if the slurs on the rinos in congress are to be believed, they will largely frustrate his worst impulses and bring him to heel. 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2016, 05:22:29 pm »
If there were a "large number of conservatives" you wouldn't be in the position you find yourself in.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2016, 05:27:43 pm »
Think Trump is smart?

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2016, 05:30:30 pm »
Think Trump is smart?

The flat tax is as regressive as sales taxes are in states.

Try running on a platform of the rich should pay the same as me in taxes and see how many votes you get.

No wonder the GOPe minions are in a meltdown.  Their ideas are unpopular and they can't win national elections.  Move over and let us try this time.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2016, 05:47:17 pm »
Cuky is offended and demands this stop: "So please stop with trying to link Trump to Reagan." Yet he and the other anti-Trumpsters say nary a word about this latest piece of venom.

And what I smell around Trump is the fetid air of the sewer.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2016, 06:29:44 pm »
Cuky is offended and demands this stop: "So please stop with trying to link Trump to Reagan." Yet he and the other anti-Trumpsters say nary a word about this latest piece of venom.

I can forgive cuky for his bit of, well let's call it, overreaction. It's Super Tuesday. Tensions are high and there's writing on the wall. That makes some people around here nervous and worried.

I am neither. I am overjoyed at the prospect of Donald J Trump winning Super Tuesday. Hey, but that's just me.   ^-^

HonestJohn

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2016, 10:20:52 pm »
Good article.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2016, 10:26:04 pm »
The 2010 and 2014 mid-terms were the character test.

And they failed miserably.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2016, 10:29:01 pm »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2016, 10:51:13 pm »
If this is true the story needs its own thread. There are a few left who would be moved by the unreal classless reaction of Trump. This is the first I have heard this story.

More lies from the Dump Trumpers.  I get it you guys can't stand him but the continual stream of lies says more about you as people than it does Trump.

Donald J. Trump ✔ ‎@realDonaldTrump
Boston incident is terrible. We need energy and passion, but we must treat each other with respect. I would never condone violence.
9:35 AM - 21 Aug 2015
  1,878 1,878 Retweets   3,811 3,811 likes

It's the first you've heard of it because it's a blatant lie.  I can't stand liars, but it is more than a coincidence to me that the supporters of the lying GOPe, which has lied to me for years, also will lie to try and retain power for their washed up and corrupted oligarchy of rich white people.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:58:49 pm by Carling »

HonestJohn

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2016, 10:57:16 pm »
If this is true the story needs its own thread. There are a few left who would be moved by the unreal classless reaction of Trump. This is the first I have heard this story.

It was already mentioned in this post, along with a lot more.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,178653.0.html
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:57:33 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Carling

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2016, 11:00:10 pm »
OK I did find the article and the Trump quote. Original quote was 

After being told about the attack at a press conference ahead of New Hampshire town hall on Wednesday evening,Trump said it was the first he'd heard of it.

"I think that would be a shame," he said, before adding: "I will say, the people that are following me are very passionate. They love this country. They want this country to be great again. And they are very passionate."

Two days later he fully denounced it.  I guess posting Trumps actual statements would be pretty much lying.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2015/0822/Trump-changes-tone-on-homeless-man-beaten-in-Boston

What was the question he was asked?  If it was the first he'd heard of it, did he even know what had happened?

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2016, 01:17:12 am »
Relic wrote above:
"I don't want Trump. I don't trust him.
The reality is, we're going to get Trump, or Hillary.
Now, what do you do? Do you really, honestly think Hillary will be better for the country than Trump?"

Best advice I can offer (particularly after tonight's primary results) is this:

He may (or may not) be a bastard.

But he's OUR bastard.

Can you run with that?