Author Topic: Proving citizenship in the state of Washington  (Read 586 times)

Offline Paladin

Proving citizenship in the state of Washington
« on: March 01, 2016, 03:54:48 am »
This little blurb comes from a newsletter published by my local Republican Party. I can only hope your state does a better job and wonder just who the hell is voting in mine.

"Perhaps you understood this process, but since I didn't, I called our county Auditor's election office and ask them, “What is the process you use to verify the citizenship of a voter?”

I was given the standard registration form information which explains that a person must sign their form certifying that they are a citizen and give either their drivers' license number which would reflect their residence or the last four digits of their social security number. 

“Does anyone verify any of this information as being correct,” I asked. “We do nothing in this office to verify these forms, they are simply sent to the State Auditor's office and put on the books.” was the answer.

So, I called the Secretary of State and asked again, “What is done to verify that all voters are citizens?” I was told that each voter must sign the registration form verifying they are a citizen and put down their address with proper identification numbers.  No one checks on the identification number because there is no master list of who is a citizen to check against.  But, it is a felony to register to vote if you are not a citizen, said as if that might be a deterrent to lying. 

“Who would know if you are a citizen or not?” I ask. “If you know your neighbor is not a citizen then you can report it to your County Auditor and then they will remove their name from the list of voters.”

I asked if that is all they do, simply remove their name from the list of voters. “We don't prosecute, that would be up to a prosecutor.”

So there you have the facts about why it doesn't really matter who registers to vote in Washington State. In summary, I would like to emphasize that there is no official in Washington State who verifies even an iota of the information on the voters registration form."

You think the Democrats are not aware of this farce of a system?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Bill Cipher

Re: Proving citizenship in the state of Washington
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 03:58:09 am »
That probably happens in more states than we might think.