Author Topic: MSNBC attempts to paint Donald Trump as a racist and it backfires.  (Read 2929 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: MSNBC attempts to paint Donald Trump as a racist and it backfires.
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2016, 02:18:18 pm »
Thanks Carling.  No matter how many times it is explained that to smear "some" supporters is taken as an insult to "all" - that it is highly offensive, some people just insist on doing it.  When my husband tells me something I do bothers him - I try to stop doing it, out of respect for him.

This is about politics, alice.  You like a candidate that I don't like.  It happens all the time.

Before Trump, you and I agreed on practically everything.  I haven't changed, and I imagine you haven't changed either.  I have always said what I thought in a direct manner, and explained repeatedly that my comments about SOME Trump supporters don't include you.

I believe you are moral.  I believe you are a woman of integrity and principle.  I believe you are a patriot who loves this country.  I believe you are intelligent and thoughtful.  I believe that you are not in the least a racist.

I have said these things repeatedly (as I have about aligncare, DC, and others).  I'm very, very sorry that you don't believe me, but I'm telling the absolute truth, and that's all I can do.  I can't force you to believe me.  If you don't, you don't.

I strongly disagree with your allegiance to one political figure, but it certainly doesn't mean we can't still agree on other things.  It's only one part of life, not its entirety.

But the bottom line is that I'm not going to censor myself and not say what I think about SOME Trump followers because people I'm not talking about continue to take offense when it is clear that I'm not giving offense.

As far as I'm concerned, it's up to you.  If you want to keep being offended, there's nothing I can do.  But your offense where none is given is not my responsibility.  We are both adults.  I have explained myself, ad nauseam, and I'm not going to do it again.

You know exactly what I'm saying, and if you think so very little of me that you believe me to be lying, then there's nothing I can do.  I would suggest that if you find me so very, very offensive, that you put me on ignore.

It will be better for you.

My "true colors" are passionate belief in LIFE, in the Constitution, and in the integrity of the political candidates I choose to vote for.  My "true colors" are being honest and direct, almost to a fault.  My "true colors" are loving this country deeply and wanting it to survive and thrive.  But my "true colors" are also not being intimidated by internet bullies (like Carling) whose threats and ad hominems no longer bother me.  He needs to deal with his own issues in his own time.

Again.......... if you find my "true colors" offensive to you, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to stop saying what I think because you insist on taking things personally that are NEVER, EVER about you.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Carling

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2016, 02:35:44 pm »
This is about politics, alice.  You like a candidate that I don't like.  It happens all the time.

Before Trump, you and I agreed on practically everything.  I haven't changed, and I imagine you haven't changed either.  I have always said what I thought in a direct manner, and explained repeatedly that my comments about SOME Trump supporters don't include you.

I believe you are moral.  I believe you are a woman of integrity and principle.  I believe you are a patriot who loves this country.  I believe you are intelligent and thoughtful.  I believe that you are not in the least a racist.

I have said these things repeatedly (as I have about aligncare, DC, and others).  I'm very, very sorry that you don't believe me, but I'm telling the absolute truth, and that's all I can do.  I can't force you to believe me.  If you don't, you don't.

I strongly disagree with your allegiance to one political figure, but it certainly doesn't mean we can't still agree on other things.  It's only one part of life, not its entirety.

But the bottom line is that I'm not going to censor myself and not say what I think about SOME Trump followers because people I'm not talking about continue to take offense when it is clear that I'm not giving offense.

As far as I'm concerned, it's up to you.  If you want to keep being offended, there's nothing I can do.  But your offense where none is given is not my responsibility.  We are both adults.  I have explained myself, ad nauseam, and I'm not going to do it again.

You know exactly what I'm saying, and if you think so very little of me that you believe me to be lying, then there's nothing I can do.  I would suggest that if you find me so very, very offensive, that you put me on ignore.

My "true colors" are passionate belief in LIFE, in the Constitution, and in the integrity of the political candidates I choose to vote for.  My "true colors" are being honest and direct, almost to a fault.  My "true colors" are loving this country deeply and wanting it to survive and thrive.  But my "true colors" are also not being intimidated by internet bullies (like Carling) whose threats and ad hominems no longer bother me.  He needs to deal with his own issues in his own time.

Again.......... if you find my "true colors" offensive to you, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to stop saying what I think because you insist on taking things personally that are NEVER, EVER about you.

Real friends don't treat the other the way you've been treating Trump supporters.  It's a political candidate and the things you and others have said can never be explained nor forgotten.

You made that choice.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Relic

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2016, 02:38:43 pm »

It really has the ring of: "Blacks are lazy... well, except for you, YOU are one of the good ones."

Offline musiclady

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2016, 02:55:45 pm »
It really has the ring of: "Blacks are lazy... well, except for you, YOU are one of the good ones."

Sorry.  You're misinterpreting the "ring."

I've explained myself, I'm telling the truth, and that's all I can do.

You'll have to deal with that.  If you choose to think I'm a nasty person because of my opinions, there's nothing I can do about it.

And if you think I'm nasty, I can't imagine what you think of everyone else around here who doesn't like Trump.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2016, 03:06:16 pm »

"But by the way, you could try to work a little harder, too."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2016, 03:13:45 pm »
"But by the way, you could try to work a little harder, too."

et tu, t_s? 

I thought better of you than that.  You've always been one to appreciate honesty and directness, and I've always respected that in you, even when we've disagreed, which we have many times on social issues.

I've never figured you for a 'piling on' kind of guy......

Guess I was wrong.

But you're not going to force me to change my opinion (a completely valid one based on evidence), nor are you going to censor my speech by intimidation.  Not even Carling's bullying tactics can do that.

Offline Relic

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2016, 03:13:52 pm »
Sorry.  You're misinterpreting the "ring."

I've explained myself, I'm telling the truth, and that's all I can do.

You'll have to deal with that.  If you choose to think I'm a nasty person because of my opinions, there's nothing I can do about it.

And if you think I'm nasty, I can't imagine what you think of everyone else around here who doesn't like Trump.

I could start of with a sweeping generalization of anti Trump posters, then say you're not like that, but I've already made that point, I think?

You and I agree on a lot, and I get the feeling you're a very genuine person, someone I wouldn't mind having as a neighbor.

I also think you are wound up a bit too tight over Trump. Either I am underestimating the danger of a President Trump, or you are overestimating. Remember, we're electing a president, not a king. If there's one thing the GOP can do, it's stand up to Republicans who don't toe the establishment line. A president Trump would face a hostile GOP Congress.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2016, 03:22:10 pm »
I could start of with a sweeping generalization of anti Trump posters, then say you're not like that, but I've already made that point, I think?

You and I agree on a lot, and I get the feeling you're a very genuine person, someone I wouldn't mind having as a neighbor.

I also think you are wound up a bit too tight over Trump. Either I am underestimating the danger of a President Trump, or you are overestimating. Remember, we're electing a president, not a king. If there's one thing the GOP can do, it's stand up to Republicans who don't toe the establishment line. A president Trump would face a hostile GOP Congress.

I appreciate this post, Relic.  If I am wrong about Trump, I will do mea culpas until the cows come home.  But I don't think I am.

I am extremely disturbed that this despicable man is most likely going to be our nominee to run against Hillary.  But don't think I'm unique in that.  Every single conservative among my family and friends feels exactly the same way.  They are all distraught that in this year, when we could beat Hillary with any qualified candidate (and we had several good choices), we are putting up an immoral, unethical lying leftist who cannot beat her.

I love this country dearly, as I know you do.  You may disagree with my passion, but I don't think you disagree with my principles.

This country is in deeper trouble now than it has been in my very long lifetime.  And though we are not electing 'a king' we are nominating a man who would do anything to be one.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2016, 03:24:23 pm »
Some people take deliberate misunderstanding to an even higher art.

Read what is said, not what you are pretending was said.

The game is getting old.

For adoring a man whose entire campaign is based around endless ad hominem attacks against his opponents, Trump supporters sure are sensitive.

Of course, it's all part of the "I'm an aggrieved GOPe victim", martyr syndrome shtick that makes them vulnerable to a huckster like The Donald in the first place.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2016, 03:26:21 pm »
btw Relic, if you did state your objections to anti-Trump posters and some of the things they say, and then said, "but you're not like them," I would completely agree, and would not be offended in the least.

Some of the anti-Trump posts have been way too offensive, IMO, but if alice said, "Other anti-Trump posters are nasty, but I don't think you are" I would believe her because she's not a liar.

I'm just sorry she's decided not to believe me.

Because I'm telling the truth.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 03:28:45 pm by musiclady »

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2016, 03:58:39 pm »
Wait until you see Tamron Hall cuts off this young black man who clearly wasn’t about racism or segregation the news networks are trying to take down the GOP front-runner.

You can see she was surprised at his statement and wanted to get away from it as quick as possible. Do you see now, do you see how the media is still trying to destroy the surge of Americans for Trump.

Let me be even more honest, if the STUPID remaining candidates could have tapped into that anger and used it in their campaigns, they might be ahead of Trump right now.

Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nolbmguzvGk

http://newsninja2012.com/oops-msnbc-hosts-cuts-off-trump-black-supporter-obviously-majority-of-trump-supporters-arent-black/