Author Topic: MSNBC attempts to paint Donald Trump as a racist and it backfires.  (Read 2930 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

Re: MSNBC attempts to paint Donald Trump as a racist and it backfires.
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 07:02:15 pm »
I don't figure that the Donald is actually a racist.

He's just gearing his campaign to attract them.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 07:05:42 pm »
btw, funny video, watching MSNBC soil itself.   ^-^

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 07:05:44 pm »

As a Trump supporter, I just want to let you know how much I "appreciate" you practically calling me a racist - without having to do it directly.

Really, thanks. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 07:08:40 pm »
Trump has no ties with white supremacists, period.  Meanwhile, both democrats can't align themselves closely enough with "Black Lives Matter" and other reverse racism groups, and they do so with impunity.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 07:08:50 pm »
As a Trump supporter, I just want to let you know how much I "appreciate" you practically calling me a racist - without having to do it directly.

Really, thanks.

alice, you really have to stop this.

David Duke is a racist.  YOU are not a racist, and I never said, nor even implied it with anything I have ever said here.

There are white supremacist groups supporting Trump.  THEY are racists, and YOU are not one, nor are any of the other Trump supporters here on TBR.

Just because some racists are attracted to the Trump spiel (they are) doesn't mean that everyone who likes Trump is a racist.

Stop defending yourself against things that are not being said.

PLEASE.

It interferes with honest debate when false allegations are made.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 07:12:54 pm »
Trump has no ties with white supremacists, period.  Meanwhile, both democrats can't align themselves closely enough with "Black Lives Matter" and other reverse racism groups, and they do so with impunity.

Good point.  Donald Trump is not a white supremacist, and there is no way that anyone can tie that to him.

Hillary, et al, are falling over themselves to try to court the black racists in BLM, and MSNBC never calls them on it at all.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 07:33:58 pm »

Really, thanks.

It is a specialty. Seen it over and over. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 07:45:51 pm »

Some people take it to an art. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 07:50:21 pm »

Except I didn't do it, and you know it.

As does alice.

You're both capable of understanding what is being said and what is not being said, and what is being inferred in order to make a false argument.

To use your own words............

It's a specialty.  Seen it over and over.

It may make you feel good, but it's not truthful.

Now, may I flesh out what I originally said, and what I didn't say, for all those perceptive enough to understand and without an agenda...

Trump's bashing Mexicans and wanting to bar all Muslims from coming into the country, whether it, in itself is racist or not (I don't believe it is) attracts some of those in the country who hate Mexicans and hate Muslims (granted, not a race, but Arabs are).

The fact that the themes of his campaign draw racists does not it any way imply, even slightly, that everyone attracted to Trump is racist.

You are very intelligent, t_s, and alice is as well.  But you both seem to be playing an internet game designed to diminish legitimate conversation and make accusations of those who have opinions other than the ones you share.

It's disappointing, to say the least.  I have a great deal of respect for both of you, but this game you're playing  is getting old.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2016, 07:52:19 pm »
Some people take it to an art.

Some people take deliberate misunderstanding to an even higher art.

Read what is said, not what you are pretending was said.

The game is getting old.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2016, 07:54:30 pm »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2016, 07:57:11 pm »
alice, you really have to stop this.

David Duke is a racist.  YOU are not a racist, and I never said, nor even implied it with anything I have ever said here.

There are white supremacist groups supporting Trump.  THEY are racists, and YOU are not one, nor are any of the other Trump supporters here on TBR.

Just because some racists are attracted to the Trump spiel (they are) doesn't mean that everyone who likes Trump is a racist.

Stop defending yourself against things that are not being said.

PLEASE.

It interferes with honest debate when false allegations are made.

Name some white supremacist groups supporting and not your OPINE but GROUPS supporting TRUMP and don't say KKK. He disavowed that DUKE endorsement and does not know anything about that guy. ? :seeya:

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2016, 08:22:16 pm »
I think ML was trying to say that he's aware he has the support of white supremacists and doesn't mind because they are votes in his pocket. She thinks he's willingly pandering to those types to get elected. To me it's clear that she wasn't trying to attack anybody in this community. "Donald Trump panders to racists." and "All of Trump's supporters are racist." are two completely different statements.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 10:33:47 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2016, 08:29:37 pm »
I think ML was trying to say that he's aware he has the support of white supremacists and doesn't mind because they are votes in his pocket. She thinks he's willingly pandering to those types to get elected. To me it's clear that she wasn't trying to attack anybody in this community.

Thank you, Dexter.  That is exactly what I was saying.

There is a problem with what I believe is the deliberate 'misunderstanding' going on around here.

I made a statement (my opinion) that did not accuse anyone here (because it doesn't apply to anyone here), but by the immediate response "You're calling me a racist!" the poster doesn't have to engage in an actual discussion of what I said, but rather deflects the conversation to an attack on me personally.

I think it's a game that's being played.  It was clear I wasn't accusing anyone, but saying that I did was a way to avoid the essence of what I said, which certain posters want to avoid.

I wasn't being personal.  The response to what I said was very personal...... though very ineffective because it's so far from the truth.

It's not that complicated.

Offline flowers

« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2016, 08:36:53 pm »

sink.....that is just a lower case t.  South Park reference here.  :laugh:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2016, 09:27:54 pm »
Quote from: musiclady on Today at 02:02:15 PM

Really, thanks.

I see what you did there - - -  thank you!   :beer:      :laugh:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 09:37:04 pm »
Again........... it makes the poster feel good to 'get back,' at the imaginary offender but it isn't truthful.

What I said was not a personal attack on anyone.  I do not think anyone on this forum supporting Trump is a racist, or even close.

But with her response, alice came at me personally, and not truthfully.

It's a game.  And it's getting old.........

HAPPY2BME

MSNBC host Tamron Hall's attempt to smear Donald Trump supporters as a bunch of racists just backfired hilariously.

While discussing white nationalist David Duke's support for Donald Trump with leftist Mother Jones bureau chief David Corn, Hall was told she had a clip of "the new people" Donald Trump is "bringing into the fold," strongly implying they'd be racists.

"One of our reporters, Dave Gutierrez, actually Jacob, I don't want to quote the wrong reporter here, was just out of the Trump campaign," she said.

"I think we have the sound, my team will have to tell me, where they spoke to some Trump supporters, let's play what they said."

Rather than cut to some racist KKK supporter, the control room cut to a clip featuring a black Trump supporter named Frank Vick who praised Trump and attacked the media for trying to divide Americans based on race, describing exactly what Hall and her guest Corn were just doing.

"David Duke and people like that, they come out from under the rocks all the time around this time this year," Vick said.

"It's got nothing to do with Donald Trump, we're all Americans."

"I think we need to stop with all the racist stuff and the race baiting, like me and my friend right here [camera pans out to reveal an older white gentlemen with a beard], we just met today and we was talking, you know, we got to stop with the racist stuff, this and that, we're all Americans."

MSNBC then cuts back to a visibly shaken Tamron Hall who starts to stumble all over her words.

"Um, clearly, let me just be clear here," she says.

"Obviously, the majority of Donald Trump supporters are not African-American, I don't know how many African-Americans were in that building, but that is one person, that uh, we have chosen to cut that sound from."

"...Uh, David?"

Her guest David Corn responds by choosing to ignore everything which just took place and instead accuses Trump of "riling up all sorts of bigotry and hatred."

Yeah, David. It's Trump whose "riling up the bigotry and hatred," not those of you in the media.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcWbpGMzSjc

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=54220

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2016, 02:12:58 am »
Just like he claims to be pro-life yet sings the praises of PP (No pro-lifer I know can do that), he has an odd reaction to bad people.  His good-bad meter is set to win-lose rather than right-wrong.  It's very unusual.  It makes you wonder if he has a well developed, healthy conscience.  We know he feels pride in himself.  Is he able to feel guilt when appropriate?

You bring up some good points in both your posts.  I do wonder if he ever developed the normal sense of what is appropriate, and also wonder if his conscience is fully developed.

To quote Mussolini and not understand why it's not a good thing is just bizarre.  And you're right.  There's not a single Pro-life person in the country who doesn't know that PP is a horrible organization.  And yet, he doesn't understand that he shouldn't be talking out of both sides of his mouth on such a critical issue.

And he will not just be the most powerful man in America, but the most powerful man in the world.

And if that doesn't unnerve us, I don't know what will........

Offline Carling

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2016, 02:22:46 am »
Some posters' true colors are really coming out tonight.

I've seen two posters already tonight I respect calling Trump supporters racists by association.

Alice is not a racist.  Trump is not trying to attract racists, he's trying to attract Reagan Americans who want to shut the border and create jobs for our citizens, no matter the color of their skin.

It's sad that it's come to this. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline aligncare

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2016, 02:29:38 am »

An overstatement. I firmly believe Trump is gearing it to Americans.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2016, 02:33:13 am »

Duke is supporting Trump, Trump is not supporting Duke.

Every citizen has a vote. Even a Black Panther.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2016, 02:43:34 am »
Some posters' true colors are really coming out tonight.

I've seen two posters already tonight I respect calling Trump supporters racists by association.

Alice is not a racist.  Trump is not trying to attract racists, he's trying to attract Reagan Americans who want to shut the border and create jobs for our citizens, no matter the color of their skin.

It's sad that it's come to this.

Thanks Carling.  No matter how many times it is explained that to smear "some" supporters is taken as an insult to "all" - that it is highly offensive, some people just insist on doing it.  When my husband tells me something I do bothers him - I try to stop doing it, out of respect for him.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2016, 02:02:44 pm »
An overstatement. I firmly believe Trump is gearing it to Americans.

I don't think it is an overstatement, ac.