Author Topic: Breaking News: Presidential Candidate To Drop Out!  (Read 210 times)

HAPPY2BME

Breaking News: Presidential Candidate To Drop Out!
« on: February 29, 2016, 06:27:34 pm »
We knew this would happen but Ohio Governor John Kasich announced over the weekend that if he fails to win his home state he will drop out of the presidential race.

Kasich, who so far has played the role of spoiler in the GOP primary, admits his chances of securing the nomination are slim if he cannot win Ohio.

From The New York Times:

Facing pressure to leave the presidential race, Gov. John Kasich on Saturday singled out next month’s primary in his home state of Ohio as a make-or-break moment for his campaign.

“I will beat Donald Trump in Ohio, and that will be the beginning of a new day,” Mr. Kasich told the crowd at a town-hall-style forum in Nashville, where he was endorsed by Alberto R. Gonzales, who served as attorney general under President George W. Bush.

Tennessee is among the states that will vote on Tuesday, a group that also includes Texas, the home state of Senator Ted Cruz. Ohio’s primary is two weeks later, on March 15, as is the primary in Florida, the home state of Senator Marco Rubio.

“Some of the other candidates, if they can’t win their home state, they got to get out, O.K.?” Mr. Kasich said at the town hall. “If I don’t win my home state, I’ll get out. But you know what? I’m going to win Ohio.”

Mr. Rubio’s campaign has argued that Mr. Kasich has no realistic way to win the Republican nomination. Mr. Kasich’s campaign, despite his long-shot status and his lower profile in the race, contends that he is the party’s best hope to stop Mr. Trump, not Mr. Rubio.

http://www.headlinepolitics.com/breaking-news-presidential-candidate-to-drop-out/?utm_source=SailThru%26utm_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=HP%20Newsletter%2002-29-16%20Curated/Horizon%20Tier%201&utm_term=Tier%201

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Breaking News: Presidential Candidate To Drop Out!
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 06:45:21 pm »
Not a dig at Happy - thank you for posting this - but at the website it comes from:

Breaking news? Should read us here at the Briefing Room - we knew about it yesterday.  :tongue2:

Sorry, I just get a bit of a buzz when we beat the bigger sites to the news.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

Re: Breaking News: Presidential Candidate To Drop Out!
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 06:51:57 pm »
Actually, if he's got a shot at beating the Poseur,Trump, I may vote for Kasich to put him over the top.

I would LOVE to see Trump lose Ohio.  It will be a day of deep, deep shame if my home state Republicans vote for a Democrat con man.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.