Author Topic: HEY! Look Around...what's that sound?  (Read 2291 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
HEY! Look Around...what's that sound?
« on: February 29, 2016, 02:52:08 pm »

...EVERYBODY look what's going on...

...in HERE!!

We're in our own Civil War.

Congratulations to Barack Obama.  Not Donald Trump.

If it weren't for the eight years of Obama...ESPECIALLY, his reelection, the landscapes...political and societal would certainly look a lot different.

Barack Obama is the Barry Bonds for creating division, creating groups and then dividing them, pitting them against one another.  A Hall of Famer.

If there weren't 100 Million working-age Americans sitting on their butts, there wouldn't be a Donald Trump running for President.

If the Republicans hadn't stood mute while 24/7 trainloads of minor children from CENTRAL America were sprinkled by Johnny Appleseed creating more Sanctuary Cities....there wouldn't be a Donald Trump.

And...if there wasn't a Donald Trump, we wouldn' t be fighting a civil war here on the forum.

Myself?  I've stated my reasons for supporting him.  Even though he says the most embarrassing and unbecoming things. 

Ty Cobb was exactly like Donald Trump.  So was Babe Ruth. 

Their escapades are well documented.

So...when it comes to personality, or lack of manners in terms of importance?  Well, you KNOW what I mean.   :laugh:

Thank you.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 02:53:28 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: HEY! Look Around...what's that sound?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 02:58:13 pm »
‘There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know’.

Works of Thomas Chalkley, 1713
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 06:29:53 pm »
Ty Cobb was exactly like Donald Trump.  So was Babe Ruth. 
Since I don't know about baseball enough to give counterexamples (and I suspect the minor league system squeezes them out before they get to the level of the big leagues), I'll respond with some football examples of guys with personalities like Trump's: Ryan Leaf. Johnny Manziel. Art Schlichter.

All big-shots who thought they could find a short-cut to the top, then flamed out spectacularly when they got there.

We've had eight years of Obama, squandered two straight primary cycles on the most hated candidate, and now are going to do the exact same thing this year. When will this party ever learn—or fix it so that the same few states get first in line year after year, often gaming the system (like South Carolina) to produce the most chaotic results?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 06:53:41 pm »
"Ty Cobb was exactly like Donald Trump.  So was Babe Ruth.  "

General George S. Patton.

Sometimes when a situation demands really dynamic leadership, you cannot micromanage what personality and style the person will have.

Some Republicans are insane, when they argue they want to try with Romney again, even if they lose.

It is highly revealing to learn who on this forum are actually in step with Karl Rove, after denouncing him many times.

The TRUTH is you may not have as many or as wide ranging choices as you would like. In REALITY we often must choose between choices not of our own making.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 07:10:34 pm »

General George S. Patton.

Sometimes when a situation demands really dynamic leadership, you cannot micromanage what personality and style the person will have.

Some Republicans are insane, when they argue they want to try with Romney again, even if they lose.

It is highly revealing to learn who on this forum are actually in step with Karl Rove, after denouncing him many times.

The TRUTH is you may not have as many or as wide ranging choices as you would like. In REALITY we often must choose between choices not of our own making.

:thumbsup:

An aphorism adapted to politics and often repeated in campaigns: perfect is the enemy of good. Never more applicable than in the case of the imperfect Donald Trump.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 10:06:00 pm »

Aside from having a better batting average lifetime, Ty Cobb was probably a lot more divisive than
even The Donald could ever be. I don't remember anyone trying to rig the deck against The
Donald the way the St. Louis Browns tried against Cobb in 1910, playing their infield back during
a doubleheader in order to let Cleveland's Nap Lajoie beat Cobb out for the Chalmers Award---given
at the time to each league's batting champion, with the prize being a Chalmers car. And, say what you
will about some of his more dubious endorsements, I don't think The Donald himself is any kind
of racist, even if his rejoinders to those endorsements have been somewhat clumsy.

And, other than hitting about eighty times fewer home runs than the Babe, I'm hard pressed to
remember any time The Donald was caught consorting with hookers in his hotel (The Donald is
no marital paragon but I don't think even he went that far), hanging his manager out over the
rear end of a moving train to protest a disciplinary fine (yes, you can look it up: The Donald played
baseball in his school days), or being told practically point blank that since he could barely take
care of or control himself nobody was going to trust him to manage a team of major leaguers. (That,
folks, is the real reason Babe Ruth never got to realise his one ambition for when his playing career
might end.) Not to mention, I don't think The Donald ever got himself run out of town on a rail by
way of a to-be-controversial trade because he was impervious to team discipline. (That, folks, was
why cash-strapped Red Sox owner Harry Frazee was willing to trade Ruth to the Yankees in the first
place.)

(Remember the foregoing, folks, because I'm not exactly one of The Donald's biggest fans.)

The TRUTH is you may not have as many or as
wide ranging choices as you would like. In REALITY we often must choose between choices not of our
own making.

How we got to the current choices not of our own making isn't rocket science:

* George W. Bush and the Republican Congress he managed to have for a good while absolutely
cratered into a morass of metastasising an ignorant big government even further, so much so
that they blew it into a Democratic Congress. (Is it me, or does the Republican Party really have
a genius for self-destruction?)

* His Excellency Al-Hashish Field Marshamallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada, COD, RIP, LSMFT,
Would-Be Life President of the Republic Formerly Known as the United States and his gang
of Democrats making Bush and the former Republican Congress look like constitutionalist
pikers by comparison.

Unfortunately, in my state, the only alternative choice offered in a general election is "None of
the Above," Nevada having done away with the write-in vote some years back. Shame, too.
I'm denied my right to vote along Artemus Ward's dictum that if we can't find a live man or
woman who amounts to anything, by all means let us have a first class corpse. (If I had
the write-in right in Nevada, along the Ward line I'd have voted for the man who observed,
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and misapplying the
wrong solutions"---Groucho Marx. That shows more political wisdom than anything coming
from the mouths of any of the current candidates.) What the hell, if the dead can vote in
Chicago, the living can vote for the dead. And the dead would wreak a helluva lot less mischief than
the living candidates of either major party stand to do if and when elected.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 10:07:18 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 10:19:15 pm »
Good info there, EasyAce!

I can tell you love baseball too!    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 10:23:53 pm »
Good info there, EasyAce!

I can tell you love baseball too!    :beer:

Damn, you blew my secret!!!  :beer:
(Never a hot dog icon to go with the beer icon when you need one . . . )

Confession: When my son was a very young boy, I stole a page from George F. Will
and used "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" as a lullaby. (The "as the twig is bent"
principle. And it worked. He is today an ardent baseball fan with a particular love
for the Los Angeles Angels.)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.