Author Topic: Why I'll Gladly Vote for Trump in November, if it Comes to It  (Read 23965 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Why I'll Gladly Vote for Trump in November, if it Comes to It
« Reply #75 on: February 29, 2016, 07:26:40 pm »
No one's "forcing" you to vote! (nice red herring there)  You are perfectly free to do what you want - just as I am perfectly free to criticize those here who are openly promoting a Hillary victory by either voting FOR her - or by a lame "protest" vote/non vote that will only help HER.  That's the math there (and it ain't common core math). 

I will criticize ANY of you that would say it would be better for Hillary to win than Trump!  That is a vile and disgusting thing to promote - as you puff your chest out (I'm not talking about YOU - Bill, as you have already said you would vote for the nominee) in sanctimonious moral superiority to those of us who will vote for the Republican nominee - whoever that turns out to be!

Words cannot convey the disgust that I feel about this phenomenon I am seeing here right now.    Utterly shameful!

I'm curious if people would cheer me if I announced that I'm dropping my support for Donald Trump?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #76 on: February 29, 2016, 07:30:17 pm »

...and started supporting Hillary Clinton.  :pondering:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #77 on: February 29, 2016, 07:35:25 pm »
I think we need to retract some hyperbole apply some Sun Tzu here. Trump blusters, but I don't see him doing half the stuff he says he will. He uses it as PR to get attention, which may come back to bite him, but he's not stupid enough to think he can do all that. He knows how govt works.

Hillary OTOH, tends to not do that stuff unless she has to, but will govern like the dangerous psychotic she is, smiling while she stabs you in the eye. She will make every attempt to consolidate absolute power and force the country into dictatorship. That is who she is, when she is behind closed doors. We've had 20+ years to know what she is capable of.

Though I think Trump won't solve the problem, I don't feel threatened by him. I see him more as a Jesse Ventura than anything else. Alot of talk, but unlikely to pull off his agenda.

By Hillary I do. As s a former mid-level GOP offical, if she gets elected especially for 8 years, then frankly me and my family are in grave danger. Any sort of major crisis  that will allow her to grab power, I will expect the 3 a.m. knock at the door, and so can alot of others including those here. The woman is vindictive and will cleanse the country of all opposition, methodically and efficiently.

And she will never give up power once she has it. Try and look past the bluster and see the real threat. It is not Trump.

Trump and Clinton are both grave dangers.   All I know is I can't stop the Democratic party from nominating Clinton, but I can raise my voice and cast my vote to stop Trump from being my party's nominee. 

The last thing I want to do is have to decide between Clinton and Trump.  No good whatsoever can come from such a choice.   THERE IS STILL TIME to stop Trumpism without having to vote for Clinton.   That is what we should focus on for now.   If Trump's the nominee,   I will make the choice my conscience requires on Election Day.   All I know is that I will not take the easy way out by staying home, or voting for a vanity candidate.  Perhaps a viable third party candidate will emerge.  Perhaps a scandal will cause Trump (or Clinton) to withdraw as his or her party's nominee.   But if I must vote for the lesser of two evils, I will.   
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 07:36:50 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #78 on: February 29, 2016, 07:48:23 pm »
...and started supporting Hillary Clinton.  :pondering:

I think some would. 

What a world, what a world.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #79 on: February 29, 2016, 07:55:54 pm »
I think some would. 

What a world, what a world.

One here may, no one else would.

Again, alice.............. read what is actually said, not what you are pretending is being said.

NO ONE on this forum is supporting Hillary Clinton.

(Don't forget that Longhorn said he'd vote for Hillary too.  And he adores Trump).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #80 on: February 29, 2016, 08:04:17 pm »

A decisive win by Trump in tomorrow's Super Tuesday states will likely hammer a few more nails in the losing candidate's coffin(s).

buh bye

I hope the door doesn't hit Cruz and/or Rubio in the rear end on their way out. Can't wait to see one or both of these candidates leave the race.

I've taken enough insults from Cruzers and Rubots to last me a lifetime.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #81 on: February 29, 2016, 08:04:31 pm »
I like that explanation very much.

They bitch and moan for years about wanting a revolution of sorts, then get cold feet and want to run back to the predictability and safety of the very establishment they claim to want to displace.

In order to beat somebody, you have to have somebody. To date that individual has not shown up.

This place has entirely lost the qualities that were an attraction. A group have been given keys to screw up the place.

I don't mind somebody saying they hold the opposing position. I DO MIND them taking over the forum and telling me that ONE HUNDRED TIMES every day.

One doesn't need a PHD in human behavior to see what's happened here recently.

In short, as in virtually every Progressive program, "Good Intentions" by themselves without thought and reason equals disaster.

The ZOT thread in the Members Only Category is responsible for where we are today as a forum.

They suggested that maybe we should welcome "some of the banned people".  It became a personal mission for certain individuals.

It was actively encouraged.  Who could possibly be against that?

Well...virtually all the zotted members at TOS are "Trump Haters". 

"HELLO!! ..... Is there anybody IN there"? 

So they get the 'notice'/request to check us out and find that it's just the exact opposite of FreeRepublic....where long-standing respected members are savaging not only Trump...but anybody who claims to support him!

So they jump in and instead of walking on eggs...they find themselves accepted and welcomed like some long lost cousin.

And here we are.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #82 on: February 29, 2016, 08:12:53 pm »

In short, as in virtually every Progressive program, "Good Intentions" by themselves without thought and reason equals disaster.

The ZOT thread in the Members Only Category is responsible for where we are today as a forum.

They suggested that maybe we should welcome "some of the banned people".  It became a personal mission for certain individuals.

So they get the 'notice'/request to check us out and find that it's just the exact opposite of FreeRepublic....where long-standing respected members are savaging not only Trump...but anybody who claims to support him!

So they jump in and instead of walking on eggs...they find themselves accepted and welcomed like some long lost cousin.

And here we are.

:thumbsup:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #83 on: February 29, 2016, 08:16:25 pm »
A decisive win by Trump in tomorrow's Super Tuesday states will likely hammer a few more nails in the losing candidate's coffin(s).

buh bye

I hope the door doesn't hit Cruz and/or Rubio in the rear end on their way out. Can't wait to see one or both of these candidates leave the race.

I've taken enough insults from Cruzers and Rubots to last me a lifetime.

Well, you better bring your lunch cuz they ain't leavin' any time soon.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #84 on: February 29, 2016, 08:19:26 pm »
Well, you better bring your lunch cuz they ain't leavin' any time soon.

Unless he shows some strength tomorrow donor bucks will start drying up.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #85 on: February 29, 2016, 08:20:50 pm »

And here we are.

No David! The is NOT the problem! The PROBLEM is that YOU and a few other Trump ZEALOTS here have allowed your hatred for Obama to override your good sense! You simply REFUSE to see the evidence that CLEARLY demonstrates the FACT that there is NO difference, other than their gender, between Donald Trump and Hillary Clintoon! NONE!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:21:24 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #86 on: February 29, 2016, 08:25:14 pm »

I'm zealous because I support Donald Trump. Bigun is not zealous for his support of Ted Cruz.

Exactly how does that work, Bigun?

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #87 on: February 29, 2016, 08:28:00 pm »
No David! The is NOT the problem! The PROBLEM is that YOU and a few other Trump ZEALOTS here have allowed your hatred for Obama to override your good sense! You simply REFUSE to see the evidence that CLEARLY demonstrates the FACT that there is NO difference, other than their gender, between Donald Trump and Hillary Clintoon! NONE!

It's not about hatred of Obama...indeed we do hate Obama, we all have that in common.  But what this is about is a rejection of the corruption that has characterized the Republican Party for many years, building to this.  It is a rejection of career politicians and it is a rejection of the corrupt behavior of Republican leadership.  Not a one of the Trump zealots (as you call us) would refuse to vote for Ted Cruz, indeed we would do so happily if he showed he could win this election and demonstrated an ability to create a movement to do so.  He can't, he's isolated himself on the far right...maybe one day he will be able to, this is the first time he's tried this and he's done better than Rubio thus far, given he has a win and the second most delegates.  Us zealots you speak of would vote for your guy if he won, and support him, but he won't win.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #88 on: February 29, 2016, 08:33:45 pm »

Earl...thank you so much for engaging me.

Donald Trump is the ONLY candidate on planet earth right now that can outsmart the Democrat Left.

Everyone knows that the Democrat Party needs a permanent underclass.  And they've done a helluva job putting people there.

100 MILLION people on the dole...whose unemployment bennies dried up...after TWO YEARS of checks.

We...the Republican Party...have a ONCE IN A LIFETIME opportunity here to grab a very healthy percentage of the Hispanic immigrant vote.

To MILLIONS of Americans, the American Dream of picking yourself up is GONE!

One thing Trump knows about is MANAGEMENT and JOBS.  And how to WIN!  Don't get stuck on that statement.  No matter how hard you deny...it's true.

He is going to be the steward of an economic boom, the likes of that haven't been seen since post World War II.  A rising tide.....

I predict many many Hispanics are going to be lifted into the Middle Class, once companies don't have to hide their investment capital because of OBAMACARE.

Hillary Clinton would NEVER do that.  Hell...she was the ORIGINAL author if HILLARY CARE.

Remember...the GOP won both HOUSES as a result.

So, I maintain, they're nothing similar.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #89 on: February 29, 2016, 08:33:54 pm »
I'm zealous because I support Donald Trump. Bigun is not zealous for his support of Ted Cruz.

Exactly how does that work, Bigun?

It works that way because YOU and a few others REFUSE to see the fact that there is NO difference, other than their gender, between Donald TRump and Hillary! NONE!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #90 on: February 29, 2016, 08:36:13 pm »
It's not about hatred of Obama...indeed we do hate Obama, we all have that in common.  But what this is about is a rejection of the corruption that has characterized the Republican Party for many years, building to this.  It is a rejection of career politicians and it is a rejection of the corrupt behavior of Republican leadership.  Not a one of the Trump zealots (as you call us) would refuse to vote for Ted Cruz, indeed we would do so happily if he showed he could win this election and demonstrated an ability to create a movement to do so.  He can't, he's isolated himself on the far right...maybe one day he will be able to, this is the first time he's tried this and he's done better than Rubio thus far, given he has a win and the second most delegates.  Us zealots you speak of would vote for your guy if he won, and support him, but he won't win.

The problem is that, in your rejection of the corruption of the GOP, you are voting for a corrupt Democrat in their place.

It's not the answer, Scott.  Replacing corruption with corruption isn't going to make America great again.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #91 on: February 29, 2016, 08:36:44 pm »
Earl...thank you so much for engaging me.

Donald Trump is the ONLY candidate on planet earth right now that can outsmart the Democrat Left.

Everyone knows that the Democrat Party needs a permanent underclass.  And they've done a helluva job putting people there.

100 MILLION people on the dole...whose unemployment bennies dried up...after TWO YEARS of checks.

We...the Republican Party...have a ONCE IN A LIFETIME opportunity here to grab a very healthy percentage of the Hispanic immigrant vote.

To MILLIONS of Americans, the American Dream of picking yourself up is GONE!

One thing Trump knows about is MANAGEMENT and JOBS.  And how to WIN!  Don't get stuck on that statement.  No matter how hard you deny...it's true.

He is going to be the steward of an economic boom, the likes of that haven't been seen since post World War II.  A rising tide.....

I predict many many Hispanics are going to be lifted into the Middle Class, once companies don't have to hide their investment capital because of OBAMACARE.

Hillary Clinton would NEVER do that.  Hell...she was the ORIGINAL author if HILLARY CARE.

Remember...the GOP won both HOUSES as a result.

So, I maintain, they're nothing similar.

YOU can maintain whatever the hell you like! The FACTS and the EVIDENCE say otherwise!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #92 on: February 29, 2016, 08:39:11 pm »
It works that way because YOU and a few others REFUSE to see the fact that there is NO difference, other than their gender, between Donald TRump and Hillary! NONE!

Because there are differences, major distinctions between the two. Your position is very much in the minority among Republican primary voters. I hope you will begin to consider that fact.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #93 on: February 29, 2016, 08:42:11 pm »
YOU can maintain whatever the hell you like! The FACTS and the EVIDENCE say otherwise!

???

IOW, you're claiming Hillary Clinton will repeal Obamacare and unleash ONE TRILLION DOLLARS being held in shoe boxes in boardrooms across America?

Amazing.  Cognitive Dissonance comes to mind, my friend.

And looking at your FB timeline, you could be considered a 'zealot' too...against Trump.  You are an angry man and so am I.

:beer:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #94 on: February 29, 2016, 08:42:51 pm »
Because there are differences, major distinctions between the two. Your position is very much in the minority among Republican primary voters. I hope you will begin to consider that fact.

Oh I HAVE considered it! Believe me I have! And found it to be nothing more than DEMOCRATS crossing over enmass to vote for their boy Donald and thus create a can't loose situation for themselves in November!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #95 on: February 29, 2016, 08:47:08 pm »
???

IOW, you're claiming Hillary Clinton will repeal Obamacare and unleash ONE TRILLION DOLLARS being held in shoe boxes in boardrooms across America?

Amazing.  Cognitive Dissonance comes to mind, my friend.

And looking at your FB timeline, you could be considered a 'zealot' too...against Trump.  You are an angry man and so am I.

:beer:

Don't attempt to put words in my mouth David! DON'T!

What I'm saying is that I don't believe a WORD that comes out of that Bastard Trumps's mouth! not a ONE!

And if loving this country and trying my best to prevent it from making yet another tragic mistake no different that the one made with their "Hope and Change" candidate eight years ago makes me a ZEALOT then I will proudly wear that badge!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:55:24 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #96 on: February 29, 2016, 09:00:10 pm »
The problem is that, in your rejection of the corruption of the GOP, you are voting for a corrupt Democrat in their place.

It's not the answer, Scott.  Replacing corruption with corruption isn't going to make America great again.

That's the crux of the differences we see here on this site (and I'm sure on all others like it). We (those of us supporting Trump) don't see Trump as particularly corrupt - we see him as a businessman doing what he needs to do to be profitable in his business.  Do we think he is a choir boy?  Hell no.  Many of us think he is an ass.  But revolutions-of-sorts are won by such people and we believe that is what we need.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #97 on: February 29, 2016, 09:09:26 pm »
That's the crux of the differences we see here on this site (and I'm sure on all others like it). We (those of us supporting Trump) don't see Trump as particularly corrupt - we see him as a businessman doing what he needs to do to be profitable in his business.  Do we think he is a choir boy?  Hell no.  Many of us think he is an ass.  But revolutions-of-sorts are won by such people and we believe that is what we need.

The problem with that is that you have NOTHING but your faith in him that he will do anything he says he will do! No different than the millions who bought into "Hope and Change" without knowing ANYTHING about what it meant 8 years ago!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #98 on: February 29, 2016, 09:13:23 pm »
Don't attempt to put words in my mouth David! DON'T!

What I'm saying is that I don't believe a WORD that comes out of that Bastard Trumps's mouth! not a ONE!

And if loving this country and trying my best to prevent it from making yet another tragic mistake no different that the one made with their "Hope and Change" candidate eight years ago makes me a ZEALOT then I will proudly wear that badge!

I'm not trying to put words into your mouth.

I've watched your replies to several members in the last hour and more than once it's plain to see that you're not even digesting the poster's words.

You totally ignore them and simply restate your main general argument.  IOW...you're NOT nterested in listening...only talking/responding.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #99 on: February 29, 2016, 09:13:31 pm »

I would be very concerned about trusting my revolution to someone who has been on both sides of every important issue of the day.

How do you really think you can trust him?  He's never exhibited any integrity, nor given any reason to believe what he says.

If you watch or listen to his own words, you have to know that he's at best two-faced, and at worst, pulling the biggest scam ever made in American politics.

And I'm including the Obama scam of 2008.........