Author Topic: Kasich: I'll drop out if I lose Ohio  (Read 1022 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kasich: I'll drop out if I lose Ohio
« on: February 27, 2016, 11:15:20 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/271058-kasich-ill-drop-out-if-i-lose-ohio

February 27, 2016, 04:47 pm
Kasich: I'll drop out if I lose Ohio

By Harper Neidig

Republican presidential hopeful John Kasich said on Saturday that he will drop out of the race if he doesn't win his home state of Ohio.
"I will beat Donald Trump in Ohio, and that will be the beginning of a new day," Kasich told a crowd in Nashville, according to the New York Times.

"Some of the other candidates, if they can't win their home state, they got to get out, OK?" he added. "If I don't win my home state, I'll get out. But you know what? I'm going to win Ohio."

The remark was a dig at his rival Marco Rubio, who is trailing Trump by 16 points in his home state of Florida, according to a recent Quinnipiac University poll.
Ohio goes to the polls on March 15. Another Quinnipiac poll puts Trump ahead of Kasich in Ohio by 5 percentage points, just outside the poll's margin of error, but the governor has insisted that he will have no problem winning the state.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HAPPY2BME

Re: Kasich: I'll drop out if I lose Ohio
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 11:17:50 pm »
The remark was a dig at his rival Marco Rubio, who is trailing Trump by 16 points in his home state of Florida, according to a recent Quinnipiac University poll.

================================

Kascih is much more qualified than Marco Rubio by 1,000%

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 11:39:20 pm »
Today Kasich was endorsed by Christie Whitman.  She said she knows lots of republicans who would not vote for Trump but would vote for Hillary Clinton because she would put America first and Trump would not.  Not sure if Whitman has a drinking problem or just knows the wrong people who pretend to be republicans.

That said,  seems that NJ is the gift that keeps on giving.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 11:56:50 pm »
Today Kasich was endorsed by Christie Whitman.  She said she knows lots of republicans who would not vote for Trump but would vote for Hillary Clinton because she would put America first and Trump would not.  Not sure if Whitman has a drinking problem or just knows the wrong people who pretend to be republicans.

That said,  seems that NJ is the gift that keeps on giving.

I know a lot of Republicans who are not going to support Trump in the general.  It's because we think he's dangerous and a disgrace.

Kasich is right.  The crossroads comes March 15.  Rubio's got to take his home state.  Kasich has got to take his.  Not come in second.  Beat Trump.  And the one who doesn't drops out and allows the party to unify behind a single challenger.  And if they both can't win and drop out,  then let it be Cruz.     
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 11:58:22 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 12:41:08 am »
I know a lot of Republicans who are not going to support Trump in the general.  It's because we think he's dangerous and a disgrace.

Kasich is right.  The crossroads comes March 15.  Rubio's got to take his home state.  Kasich has got to take his.  Not come in second.  Beat Trump.  And the one who doesn't drops out and allows the party to unify behind a single challenger.  And if they both can't win and drop out,  then let it be Cruz.   
`

Watch Arkansas' primary this Tuesday.  It is a unique primary and a trend setter.  I know it doesn't sound like it could be, but watch who wins that state.

It will be a strong indicator of whether or not Trump will keep the lead he has now.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 01:03:25 am »

Kascih is much more qualified than Marco Rubio by 1,000%

Well I do agree with you at least on that.   I like Rubio but he needs a lot more experience.  Stay in the Senate a while or run for governor. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 02:23:54 pm »
I am one of those people who will not vote for Trump.
The rest of the ticket will get my consideration and my vote.   
But to have Christie Whitman say that Hillary puts America first is just beyond the pale. 
Whitman's husband, now deceased, served two tours in Viet Nam, has she forgotten our military.  To think she would put their lives in the hands of Hillary just boggles the mind.