Author Topic: Lindsey Graham Roasts His 'Batsh*t' Republican Colleagues  (Read 333 times)

HAPPY2BME

Lindsey Graham Roasts His 'Batsh*t' Republican Colleagues
« on: February 27, 2016, 07:35:21 pm »
"If you kill Ted Cruz on the floor of the Senate, and the trial was in the Senate, nobody could convict you"

February 26, 2016

During a press dinner on Thursday night, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) let loose on the Republican party and the GOP presidential candidate, telling his party that it's going to have to "up its game."

Graham's comments came during a dinner held by the Washington Press Club Foundation Dinner where lawmaker guests typically crack jokes about their own party, as well as lawmakers across the aisle.

During his speech, Graham lamented that Hillary Clinton is about to become president, blaming it on Republicans.

"How could that be? My party has gone batshit crazy," he explained.

He then joked about how much Senate Republicans dislike Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX).

"If you kill Ted Cruz on the floor of the Senate, and the trial was in the Senate, nobody could convict you," he joked.

When it came time for Graham to joke and hurl insults at Donald Trump, the senator instead made some sobering remarks.

"I don’t know how I can best describe Donald Trump, but I can say this, that I don’t think he understands what makes America great. And I know I’m supposed to be funny, but I’m not really happy about where the country is right now," Graham said. "I could make a million Donald Trump jokes, and I have. But our party and our country is going to have to up its game."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/lindsey-graham-republicans-crazy

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Lindsey Graham Roasts His 'Batsh*t' Republican Colleagues
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 07:52:30 pm »
I agree with Colonel Lindsey Graham on one thing; namely the GOP does need to elevate their game.

They have lost 400,000 registered voters in California, while the democrats have held even.

They need to appeal beyond religious reasons. They need to appeal beyond racially divisive reasons.

They need to appeal beyond social issues. They need a better pitch for economic reasons.

They need a better pitch for national security reasons. They used to have much better leadership.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln