Author Topic: Trump just issued MASSIVE THREAT to news media  (Read 8713 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Trump just issued MASSIVE THREAT to news media
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2016, 03:38:16 pm »
Ahhh... so you're supporting a fascist?

:laugh:  Not to my knowledge.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Bill Cipher

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2016, 03:39:54 pm »
You mean like Obama and Clinton has ignored FOXNEWS for going on 8 years?  Saying they're not legitimate?

IMO, the mainstream LEFT media IS domestic enemy #1.   "The most insidious power the media have is the power to ignore".

And they are willing accomplices in shielding the Democrats from any criticism.

Pray tell how ignoring a media outlet you don't like is the same thing as threatening to use lawsuits and libel laws to shut them up completely.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2016, 03:40:14 pm »
:laugh:  Not to my knowledge.   

Then you're not very knowledgeable.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2016, 03:48:38 pm »
You mean like Obama and Clinton has ignored FOXNEWS for going on 8 years?  Saying they're not legitimate?

IMO, the mainstream LEFT media IS domestic enemy #1.   "The most insidious power the media have is the power to ignore".

Nice deflection. 

We're talking about Trump and Trump's threats to intimidate the media into silence.

This doesn't bother you one little bit?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2016, 03:48:59 pm »

A Trump ad touting how one can benefit from the $700 billion bank bailout.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 03:49:51 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2016, 03:52:01 pm »
Sayeth a Trumpkin.  :rolleyes:  Tell me, do you really appreciate your god calling you so stupid you'll support him no matter what he says?  Do you really appreciate your god calling you so slavish it wouldn't matter to you if he killed someone?

Uh Billy.....please back off a bit.  You don't know a thing about me.  And furthermore, you're either intellectually dishonest or poorly educated yourself.

And you don't scare me.  I was taught by nuns and Jesuits.   :laugh:

He was quoting the categories put forth by the Nevada entrance/exit poll questions when he said the following.

“We won with highly-educated, we won with poorly educated! I love the poorly educated! We’re the smartest people, we’re the most loyal people.”

In fact, a Trump Hater may even take that quote and claim that Donald Trump himself classifies himself as poorly educated.   And we both should realize that's not true.

NEXT??   :tongue2:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2016, 03:54:16 pm »
Question: If Hillary supports this type of proposal what would the reaction of the Trump supporters be??

Come Kevin....try to keep up.

FAIRNESS DOCTRINE anybody?    :whistle:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2016, 03:55:02 pm »

Dude.

You're a good and decent man. I've known you for quite some time.

How can you possibly defend this statement by Trump?

He's threatening to use the full might and power of the Federal government to go after the press if they write things about him that he doesn't like.

How is that acceptable?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2016, 03:55:24 pm »
You guys are so full of crap, your eyes must be brown.    :smokin:

:thumbsup2:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2016, 03:58:34 pm »

It was bad and it was done away with.

You want it back?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 03:59:08 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Bill Cipher

« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2016, 03:58:46 pm »

:silly:

What does copyright have to do with libel?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2016, 03:59:07 pm »
Pray tell how ignoring a media outlet you don't like is the same thing as threatening to use lawsuits and libel laws to shut them up completely.

He didn't say anything about shutting them up completely.   He said he was going to sue their asses off when they lie.

Eventually, the boardrooms in the corporate towers will not like what their shareholders have to say.   

Bill Cipher

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2016, 04:03:06 pm »
He didn't say anything about shutting them up completely.   He said he was going to sue their asses off when they lie.

Eventually, the boardrooms in the corporate towers will not like what their shareholders have to say.   

He said, amongst a long list of things, that he would sue if they were unfair.  And he specifically said he was going to loosen the existing libel laws to make it easier for him to successfully sue media outlets he doesn't like.

Trump is a thin-skinned bumpkin who wouldn't be worth more than a good laugh if it weren't for the fact that so many once-intelligent Americans have started acting the swooning high-school sophmore girl to his bad-boy slick greaser, while his current "girl friend" still has the black eye she got from "walking into the wall" at his house.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2016, 04:03:20 pm »

:silly:

What does copyright have to do with libel?

http://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=fairness+doctrine

The Fairness Doctrine was a policy of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC), introduced in 1949, that required the holders of broadcast licenses both to present controversial issues of public importance and to do so in a manner that was—in the Commission's view—honest, equitable, and balanced.

Ever since the success of Conservative Talk Radio and FOXNEWS, the Dems and LEFT...but, I repeat myself...have been trying to have equal time...because they cannot compete in the free market.   Nobody gives a damn about Progressive ideas when they have to fill 3 hours of programming every day.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2016, 04:05:11 pm »
It was bad and it was done away with.

You want it back?

No, of course not.

But the Obama and the rest of the Commies certainly do.  And they've tried.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2016, 04:05:37 pm »
http://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=fairness+doctrine

The Fairness Doctrine was a policy of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC), introduced in 1949, that required the holders of broadcast licenses both to present controversial issues of public importance and to do so in a manner that was—in the Commission's view—honest, equitable, and balanced.

Ever since the success of Conservative Talk Radio and FOXNEWS, the Dems and LEFT...but, I repeat myself...have been trying to have equal time...because they cannot compete in the free market.   Nobody gives a damn about Progressive ideas when they have to fill 3 hours of programming every day.

Fair enough.  I was off-base with the point regarding copyright.  But it just goes to show that Trump is in full alignment with liberals on the issue of freedom of the press:  they want to shut down media they do not like by forcing them to broadcast speech they do not agree with, and Trump wants to shut them down by using the threat of ruinous litigation to shut them down.

Two sides.

Same coin.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 04:06:09 pm by Bill Cipher »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2016, 04:07:07 pm »
No, of course not.

But the Obama and the rest of the Commies certainly do.  And they've tried.

And by the content of Trump's comments, he appears to be a possible supporter of bringing it back.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2016, 04:07:59 pm »

Democrats from the Administration have been on FoxNews frequently.  Bret Baier interviewed Obama.  Ed Henry and Major Garrett before him continually harrasses the WH spokesmen.  They don't like FoxNews, but the Dems are certainly on the Sunday show with Chris Wallace.  So DC, what do you think a president Trump should do about the "number one domestic enemy"?
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2016, 04:08:54 pm »

The legal costs of defending yourself from lawsuits can, in and of itself, shut you down.

Once you're sued, you can either defend yourself or settle.

Either is costly.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2016, 04:09:43 pm »
Dude.

You're a good and decent man. I've known you for quite some time.

How can you possibly defend this statement by Trump?

He's threatening to use the full might and power of the Federal government to go after the press if they write things about him that he doesn't like.

How is that acceptable?

Thank you for the kind words, Luis.   Have been a charter member of your FAN CLUB for years, too!

Not taking Trump seriously right now because I'm aware of his strategy now.  Right now, he's merely compiling voters from the populace.

He's also putting certain media figures on notice...better have facts to support your claims when they are peddled as news and not opinion.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2016, 04:16:21 pm »
Democrats from the Administration have been on FoxNews frequently.  Bret Baier interviewed Obama.  Ed Henry and Major Garrett before him continually harrasses the WH spokesmen.  They don't like FoxNews, but the Dems are certainly on the Sunday show with Chris Wallace.  So DC, what do you think a president Trump should do about the "number one domestic enemy"?

MAC...was referring to the time when a 'young' President Obama tried to lock FOXNEWS out of the White House press corp...or refused to take any questions from them.

Their actions today in dealing with FOXNEWS are nothing like they were back early in his 1st term.

I'm confident that Trump will put the fear of God into the slimey bass turds.  That's all I expect and hope for.   Hit them in their pocketbooks.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2016, 04:22:04 pm »
With Trump there would be no transparency in government.

So, more of the same?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2016, 04:24:17 pm »
Kudos to you DC..I admire you greatly for fighting for what you believe against all odds here.

...and that goes to all the Trump supporters here who defend their candidate day after day here.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2016, 04:27:48 pm »
Kudos to you DC..I admire you greatly for fighting for what you believe against all odds here.

...and that goes to all the Trump supporters here who defend their candidate day after day here.

Thanks, Myst!  Hope you realize that means a lot.

I just hope that when it's " GOP Nominee" Trump, that we can start acting like a Republican team once again.

Hate to think nothing will change once he's POTUS.   For, our house will have termites and need of treatment.   :smokin:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2016, 04:34:01 pm »
??? No.  I don't think so.  Trump exudes classic narcissistic personality disorder traits and they are on display in his speeches, his demeanor, his debates, and in his actions.

DC as you know in the past, I had given Trump the benefit of the doubt.  I would like for you to give me just one example of Trump actually stating anything of substance on issues.  Trump is very good at stating that he will do something, and 'believe me I will do it', but he never goes any further than that on any issue. You love Trump, and he's "Superman" to you, I get it. What I don't get is how his total lack of substance in what he says is unchecked and not concerning.

Libertybele!   Sorry if it seems I ignored you....but I'm fighting a multiple front battle here until my 'team' finishes brunch.   :laugh:

Well, rumors are that Trump met with Newt Gingrich for White House Chief of Staff.  Right there, thinking back of his success as Speaker and dealing with Bill Clinton on welfare reform and budget issues gives me a smile on my face.

And I am confident there WILL be a wall built.  Perhaps not California to Texas, but hopefully to the point of making it more manageable to protect and watch.