Author Topic: Melissa Harris-Perry Walks Away From MSNBC Show  (Read 1477 times)

Offline Paladin

Melissa Harris-Perry Walks Away From MSNBC Show
« on: February 27, 2016, 04:12:35 am »
And another one bites the dust.

"Melissa Harris-Perry may be too progressive for the new MSNBC.

The anchor, who has hosted a weekend program on the NBCUniversal-owned cable-news outlet since 2012, said she will not host her show this weekend in what appears to be a significant difference of opinion regarding her role at the network, which has in recent months focused more intently on breaking-news coverage and politics in recent months.

“Here is the reality: Our show was taken — without comment or discussion or notice — in the midst of an election season,” Harris-Perry wrote in a note that was reported previously by the New York Times, then posted on Medium. “After four years of building an audience, developing a brand, and developing trust with our viewers, we were effectively and utterly silenced. Now, MSNBC would like me to appear for four inconsequential hours to read news that they deem relevant without returning to our team any of the editorial control and authority that makes MHP Show distinctive.”

Since last year MSNBC has steadily reoriented its daytime programming, canceling shows led by Ed Schultz, Ronan Farrow and Joy Reid that examined the issues of the day through a progressive lens. A late-afternoon program hosted by the Reverend Al Sharpton was canceled and turned into a Sunday-morning show. As the nation’s focus on the Presidential election has intensified, so too has MSNBC’s coverage of it during prime time.

In her note, the anchor disagreed with what the new direction had done to her program, as well as a spate of preemptions of the show spurred by political coverage. “I love our show. I want it back,” she said, but only in its original format.

The network expressed displeasure at her decision — and her speaking out about it. “In this exciting and unpredictable presidential primary season, many of our daytime programs have been temporarily upended by breaking political coverage, including MHP,” MSNBC said in a statement. “This reaction is really surprising, confusing and disappointing.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/melissa-harris-perry-walks-away-from-msnbc-show/ar-BBq3QVC?ocid=spartanntp
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Melissa Harris-Perry Walks Away From MSNBC Show
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 11:54:46 am »

“Here is the reality: Our show was taken — without comment or discussion or notice — in the midst of an election season,” Harris-Perry wrote in a note that was reported previously by the New York Times, then posted on Medium. “After four years of building an audience, developing a brand, and developing trust with our viewers, we were effectively and utterly silenced. Now, MSNBC would like me to appear for four inconsequential hours to read news that they deem relevant without returning to our team any of the editorial control and authority that makes MHP Show distinctive.”

Since last year MSNBC has steadily reoriented its daytime programming, canceling shows led by Ed Schultz, Ronan Farrow and Joy Reid that examined the issues of the day through a progressive lens. A late-afternoon program hosted by the Reverend Al Sharpton was canceled and turned into a Sunday-morning show. As the nation’s focus on the Presidential election has intensified, so too has MSNBC’s coverage of it during prime time.

In her note, the anchor disagreed with what the new direction had done to her program, as well as a spate of preemptions of the show spurred by political coverage. “I love our show. I want it back,” she said, but only in its original format.

The network expressed displeasure at her decision — and her speaking out about it. “In this exciting and unpredictable presidential primary season, many of our daytime programs have been temporarily upended by breaking political coverage, including MHP,” MSNBC said in a statement. “This reaction is really surprising, confusing and disappointing.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/melissa-harris-perry-walks-away-from-msnbc-show/ar-BBq3QVC?ocid=spartanntp

Don't take that crap, Melissa.   Burn it down.  That'll fix em!

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 01:36:05 pm »

Surpisingly no one noticed.  Viewers were shown an empty chair for more than a hour. One viewer called in and complimented MSNBC on the new set design.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 01:41:24 pm »

Surpisingly no one noticed.  Viewers were shown an empty chair for more than a hour. One viewer called in and complimented MSNBC on the new set design.

Wonder what the other one must have been doing.....  :pondering:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 02:04:02 pm »
This, from the woman who wore tampon earrings...
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 02:36:47 pm »
Seriously, who noticed? If anything, her action raised the level of MSNBC's programming.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 02:38:06 pm »
Wonder what the other one must have been doing.....  :pondering:

Looking for her drool cup.

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2016, 03:08:12 pm »
This, from the woman who wore tampon earrings...
Just wondering, if you wear tampoon earrings does that make her a C&%T?
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2016, 04:19:29 pm »
Just wondering, if you wear tampoon earrings does that make her a ####?

We have ladies in our house, 17 Oaks.  Please rethink that with an edit?  Just suggesting....
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 04:19:54 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2016, 04:32:13 pm »

Really?   Why go there?   **nononono*

rangerrebew

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2016, 10:20:27 pm »
February 27, 2016
Melissa Harris-Perry melts down, boycotts own show on MSNBC
By Thomas Lifson

The clown princess of weekend cable news has outdone herself, announcing in an email to her staff, shared with the New York Times, that she refuses to appear on her eponymous MSNBC program this weekend.  She is – as is her custom – outraged that for the past two weekends, her show has been pre-empted for election coverage (along with most other MSNBC programming – but her case is different because racism!)  As she emailed to her staff:

I will not be used as a tool for their purposes. I am not a token, mammy, or little brown bobble head. I am not owned by [NBC News chairman Andrew] Lack, [MSNBC president Phil] Griffin, or MSNBC.

(MHP playing the femininst victim card)

This is what happens when a mind becomes poisoned by victimology.  MHP apparently calmed down slightly after firing off the email and told the New York Times:

I don’t know if there is a personal racial component[.] ... I don’t think anyone is doing something mean to me because I’m a black person.

Then why use the racially charged terminology, Melissa?

There may be more to this apparently impulsive move than meets the eye.  MSNBC is in the midst of changes, seeking to rebrand itself as less a progressive network, habitually in third place after Fox and CNN.  The heady days of Obama’s first election, when progs bought the seas-stop-rising millennial rhetoric and there may have been a substantial audience for extreme left news programming, are gone.  MHP’s own show is usually in fourth place, behind even Headline News in the key demographic.  So she may have gotten wind that there was no future for her and decided to go out in blaze of racial victimization.

Or, as I think more likely, she is emotionally unstable (check out her show’s mockery of the Romney family for having an adopted black grandchild and subsequent on-air tears of apology) and immediately went to racial insults when she was upset over ordinary pre-emption that affected many other on-air personalities.  Then, seeing the consequences of crying racism, she attempted to retreat without actually apologizing.

This is, after all, a woman who is so obsessed with race and the slavery of 150 years ago that she resents the use of the phrase “hard worker” for anyone but slaves.

Media analyst Joe Concha of Mediaite reckons that Harris-Perry has thrown away her television career:

... we witnessed a public meltdown of a television host who had a damn good thing going: Teaching, writing, and four hours of national cable news time per week to discuss the issues — racial, political — that matter most to her. The TV part likely goes away now. This is a bell that can’t be un-rung.

Mark it down: February 26, 2016…

The day Melissa Harris-Perry decided to permanently throw away her television career for no good reason.

It is true that few television executives would relish risking the possibility of being racially impugned by hiring her.  However, think of the ratings bonanza her return to MSNBC could garner.  Her show might even outdraw Headline News!  On the other hand, there is now a media universe that is exclusively black, including BET.  It would not surprise me to see this become the new home of MHP.  There is, after all, an appetite for explaining everything in terms of white racism.

I certainly hope so, because Melissa Harris-Perry has become the premier exemplar of the obsession with racial victimology that is poisoning our politics and society, and she regularly provides opportunities to explore its ridiculous fringes with humor and irony.

And then there is the matter of her delicate family finances.  Even with her two salaries, the big-government advocate was unable to pay the taxes she owed and suffered the indignity of the IRS placing a lien on her and her husband.

A mind is a terrible thing to lose, to paraphrase the slogan of the United Negro College Fund (lately rebranded as UNCF).  But it can also be amusing and instructive for the rest of us.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/02/melissa_harrisperry_melts_down_boycotts_own_show_on_msnbc.html#ixzz41PRaqsIn
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2016, 10:25:37 pm »

Now that there is funny.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2016, 10:28:56 pm »
Now that there is funny.

...which proves that first impressions of fellow members can be totally wrong.   Thanks for the clarification, 'Frank'.    :whistle:

Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2016, 10:29:44 pm »
Now that there is funny.

Bloody well right!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2016, 10:32:53 pm »
Bloody well right!

Another one!   How revealing.      **nononono*

Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2016, 10:35:15 pm »
Another one!   How revealing.      **nononono*

What ...  you are not a fan of SuperTramp...
 :thud:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2016, 10:39:26 pm »

**nononono*    Don't quit your day job.   

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2016, 10:41:33 pm »
“After four years of building an audience, developing a brand, and developing trust with our viewers...

She is out of her mind. She had terrible ratings that were almost uncountable at times and was scandal prone..

MSNBC Host Owes the IRS $70,000

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/04/16/msnbc-host-owes-the-irs-70000/

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2016, 10:43:47 pm »

Now that there is funny....at my first, second and third impression.

Wingnut

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2016, 10:52:42 pm »
**nononono*    Don't quit your day job.   

You cut me to the quick.    Growing up with 4 sisters I never stood a chance.  They would take turns waking up and hopping on their menstrual cycles and run my but over and over and over every month.  Lord please forgive me and may God bless the Pygmies in New Guinea.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2016, 10:58:06 pm »
You cut me to the quick.    Growing up with 4 sisters I never stood a chance.  They would take turns waking up and hopping on their menstrual cycles and run my but over and over and over every month.  Lord please forgive me and may God bless the Pygmies in New Guinea.

:laugh:

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2016, 03:49:18 pm »

:silly:  lol

Never watched this loon thank god
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton