Author Topic: Donors ask GOP consulting firm to research independent presidential bid  (Read 5305 times)

Offline Carling

This would basically hand the presidency to Hillary.

Sad that the GOPe prefers a lying criminal as president over the will of the GOP voters.  Will those whining about a Trump 3rd-party bid also whine about Romney or Rubio as an independent?
-------------

Conservative donors have engaged a major GOP consulting firm in Florida to research the feasibility of mounting a late, independent run for president amid growing fears that Donald Trump could win the Republican nomination.

A memo prepared for the group zeroes in on ballot access as a looming obstacle for any independent candidate, along with actually identifying a viable, widely known contender and coalescing financial support for that person. The two states with the earliest deadlines for independent candidates, Texas and North Carolina, also have some of the highest hurdles for independents to get on the ballot, according to the research.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/doors-gop-consulting-independent-219859#ixzz41Iwi3yt9

« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 07:39:40 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline flowers

Re: Donors ask GOP consulting firm to research independent presidential bid
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 07:46:24 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/doors-gop-consulting-independent-219859

Conservative donors have engaged a major GOP consulting firm in Florida to research the feasibility of mounting a late, independent run for president amid growing fears that Donald Trump could win the Republican nomination.

A memo prepared for the group zeroes in on ballot access as a looming obstacle for any independent candidate, along with actually identifying a viable, widely known contender and coalescing financial support for that person. The two states with the earliest deadlines for independent candidates, Texas and North Carolina, also have some of the highest hurdles for independents to get on the ballot, according to the research.

“All this research has to happen before March 16, when inevitably Trump is the nominee, so that we have a plan in place," a source familiar with the discussions said. March 16 is the day after the GOP primary in Florida, a winner-take-all contest that Marco Rubio supporters have identified as a must-win to stop Trump's early momentum.

“It’s critical some serious attention is given to this,” the source said.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 08:10:00 pm »
This would basically hand the presidency to Hillary.

Sad that the GOPe prefers a lying criminal as president over the will of the GOP voters.  Will those whining about a Trump 3rd-party bid also whine about Romney or Rubio as an independent?
-------------

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/doors-gop-consulting-independent-219859#ixzz41Iwi3yt9

Do not think so because TRUMP is getting the cross over voters coming out to vote that never voted before. Hell the RINOGOPe is not going to vote TRUMP anyway so hope they run a 3 rd party and kill the RINOGOPe for good. TRUMP said it last night welcome to the NEW Republican Party. Now after he becomes the next POTUS hope he changes the NAME to anything other than Republican Party. JMO

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 08:40:13 pm »
Political suicide Ask Jon Anderson how well trying to play the GOP spoiler works

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 08:46:34 pm »
The problem, I fear, with a third party run is that probably allows Trump, with a mere plurality of the votes, to gain the Presidency.

Those of us convinced that Trump is dangerous and unfit to be President need to defeat him.  And that, ultimately, may mean voting for Hillary Clinton.

A choice of the lesser of two evils.   A terrible choice for anyone to have to make, and one I would make with the heaviest of hearts and the deepest of regrets.   But Trump is simply unacceptable. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 08:48:01 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 08:53:12 pm »
The problem, I fear, with a third party run is that probably allows Trump, with a mere plurality of the votes, to gain the Presidency.

Those of us convinced that Trump is dangerous and unfit to be President need to defeat him.  And that, ultimately, may mean voting for Hillary Clinton.

A choice of the lesser of two evils.   A terrible choice for anyone to have to make, and one I would make with the heaviest of hearts and the deepest of regrets.   But Trump is simply unacceptable.
Whoa.

Let's not go that far.

Donald Trump may be evil, but Hillary Clinton just as much so. If that's our choice come November, we'd better pray a viable third party candidate shows up.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 09:25:15 pm »
Whoa.

Let's not go that far.

Donald Trump may be evil, but Hillary Clinton just as much so. If that's our choice come November, we'd better pray a viable third party candidate shows up.

I'm praying right along with you, jmyrlefuller.   The "lesser of two evils" is a cliche,  but this is one of those rare times when both choices are really and truly evil.  I pray I'm not forced to make such a choice.   

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 09:28:24 pm »
Also the problem with picking the "lesser of two evils" is, you are still picking EVIL.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 09:33:01 pm »
Also the problem with picking the "lesser of two evils" is, you are still picking EVIL.

Yes.  That's why I say that, while it's a cliche, it's the God's-honest truth in this case.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 09:37:34 pm »

And in spite of the fact that the line "lesser of two evils" has been thrown around a lot, this may likely be the FIRST Presidential election when it is actually true.

If things continue as they are, we will have two despicable human beings to choose from.

May God have mercy on what's left of this once great Republic.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 09:38:46 pm »
Yes.  That's why I say that, while it's a cliche, it's the God's-honest truth in this case.

Missed that you already said it.

How can we choose between two completely unacceptable human beings to lead America?  HOW??

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 09:39:39 pm »

My Bad.    :beer:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2016, 09:39:52 pm »
Whoa.

Let's not go that far.

Because of the way our electoral system works, the chances of a 3rd party winning is slim to none. Voting 3rd party will certainly hand the keys to the White House to the DEMS.

Really the way I see it, Trump is in the race to bring down conservative (Cruz) candidates.  The Washington cartel wanted to make sure that Cruz didn't get in because they know he WILL shake Washington up and break up the Kingmakers.  The media has Trump winning in almost every state except TX ... I'm hoping Cruz wins a few more giving him the delegates to move forward.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2016, 10:02:30 pm »
Because of the way our electoral system works, the chances of a 3rd party winning is slim to none. Voting 3rd party will certainly hand the keys to the White House to the DEMS.

Really the way I see it, Trump is in the race to bring down conservative (Cruz) candidates.   The Washington cartel wanted to make sure that Cruz didn't get in because they know he WILL shake Washington up and break up the Kingmakers.  The media has Trump winning in almost every state except TX ... I'm hoping Cruz wins a few more giving him the delegates to move forward.

I truly believe that Trump is in the race to bring down Conservatism, not just Cruz.

If I had any doubts a few months ago, they have been eradicated by his downright bizarre behavior in recent weeks.

He's out to destroy the entire conservative movement.

And I have no doubt that, in his efforts, he will be a "winner."

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2016, 10:30:03 pm »
Whoa.

Let's not go that far.

For your consideration, from a pair of publications not heretofore suspected of being sympathetic with the left (fair disclosure: I have no great love for
Hilarious Rodent Clinton, either; I have not yet found one candidate among the current pack worth voting for; and, you couldn't pay me enough to
vote for either Hilarious or The Donald):

Why President Trump Would Be a Bigger Disaster than President Clinton
I'll Take Hillary Clinton Over Donald Trump
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 10:30:38 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Carling

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 11:17:58 pm »
And that, ultimately, may mean voting for Hillary Clinton.

A choice of the lesser of two evils.   

Yes, you and the rest of the establishment GOP need anybody other than Cruz or Trump as President, because you don't own the two of them.  HRC plays along with the game and will keep feeding the trough of Wall Street, Unions, etc. etc. 

This is why the GOP as you know it is DEAD.  KAPUT.  RIP, ruling class.  What will those who depend on these contracts do?  This grassroots GOP voter revolution doesn't freaking care.  Let's open up the game to everyone, and not just the selected class.  Hello, can you hear us now?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 11:19:05 pm by Carling »

Offline Carling

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2016, 11:23:03 pm »
I'm praying right along with you, jmyrlefuller.   The "lesser of two evils" is a cliche,  but this is one of those rare times when both choices are really and truly evil.  I pray I'm not forced to make such a choice.

So you are implying that those who support Trump are actually enabling evil.

But hey, let's not be hyperbolic or anything.   :silly:

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2016, 11:23:21 pm »
Yes, you and the rest of the establishment GOP need anybody other than Cruz or Trump as President, because you don't own the two of them.  HRC plays along with the game and will keep feeding the trough of Wall Street, Unions, etc. etc. 

This is why the GOP as you know it is DEAD.  KAPUT.  RIP, ruling class.  What will those who depend on these contracts do?  This grassroots GOP voter revolution doesn't freaking care.  Let's open up the game to everyone, and not just the selected class.  Hello, can you hear us now?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2016, 11:43:03 pm »
So you are implying that those who support Trump are actually enabling evil.

But hey, let's not be hyperbolic or anything.   :silly:
It's not hyperbolic if it's true. Just sayin'.

Wingnut

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2016, 11:51:58 pm »
I wish they would resurrect a Bull Moose type third party to compete against the Trump lead Bull Shit party.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2016, 12:19:22 am »

You are on the WRONG site
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Carling

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2016, 08:20:21 pm »

I may just register GOPeBriefingRoom.com, because with Jazzhead's post about voting for HRC that's where he belongs.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2016, 08:33:40 pm »
I may just register GOPeBriefingRoom.com, because with Jazzhead's post about voting for HRC that's where he belongs.

Crazy isn't it ?? I appreciate when they reveal themselves, however.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2016, 08:40:22 pm »

Dare to dream.

(Though it's tempting---merely tempting---to riffle through the aspirants in the
Libertarian Party and think about John McAfee . . . as in, the online security system McAfee . . . )

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2016, 09:48:08 pm »

That's right, you are not allowed to speak if you dare threaten to stop The Man.

Good little Trump supporter! Now have your biscuit.