Author Topic: Trump ♥ Foreign Workers  (Read 676 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Trump ♥ Foreign Workers
« on: February 26, 2016, 02:43:13 pm »
.....I can see the bumper sticker now: “Vote Trump – Because there are jobs Americans won’t do.” Cruz and Rubio finally landed some blows against Trump in this debate; Rubio’s mockery was especially amusing (and unnerving for Trump), though my man Cruz’s attacks were more serious and grounded. But at this late date, the hits Trump took on his (lack of a) health care plan, tax returns, even Trump University, might not make any difference. But the whole point of his candidacy is that he’s a nationalist, that his first concern is for America and Americans; his (obviously unread) immigration plan promises to “Put American Workers First”. That makes the “jobs Americans won’t do” rationalizations especially damaging to his brand. We’ll see if his rivals can take advantage of this weakness over the next five days.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/431960/trump-debate-foreign-workers

Offline GAJohnnie

Re: Trump ♥ Foreign Workers
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 02:45:46 pm »
No that would be Ted Cruz. From his own Senate website

http://www.cruz.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=137

Sen. Cruz Presents Measure to Strengthen, Improve Legal Immigration
Offers amendment to increase H-1B visas to help improve, retain high-skilled labor force
May 14, 2013
  | 
press@cruz.senate.gov / (202) 228-7561

WASHINGTON, DC – U.S. Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) today presented an amendment to the Gang of Eight immigration bill that would improve our nation’s legal immigration system by increasing high-skilled temporary worker visas, called H-1B visas, by 500 percent. The measure would effectively address the needs of our nation’s high-skilled workforce by helping meet the growing demand for workers in the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields. It will also make block grants available to states to promote STEM education efforts and increase domestic STEM professionals. The committee voted against the amendment 4 to 14 with every Democrat voting against it on a party-line vote.

“I strongly support legal immigration. Legal immigration is a fundamental pillar of our nation's heritage, and I was pleased today to offer legislation that would have improved and expanded legal immigration by dramatically increasing the cap for high-tech temporary worker visas. This amendment would not only improve the current system, but would also encourage economic growth and create new jobs in America. There is currently a serious shortage of workers in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and math, yet every year we send thousands of high-tech graduate students back to their home countries to start businesses and create jobs. This makes no sense. I’m disappointed in the committee’s vote to reject expanding high-tech immigration. Although the Gang of Eight's bill makes a modest step towards improving high-tech immigration, it does not go nearly far enough. There is no reason to arbitrarily cap high-tech visas at 110,000 when these jobs are going unfilled. We need economic growth here and now.”

Sen. Cruz’s amendment would:

Immediately increase the H-1B cap by 500 percent from 65,000 to 325,000.

To truly fix our broken immigration system and take into account our nation’s economic needs, we must put more emphasis on increasing employment-based immigration. There is a current shortage of qualified high-skilled workers in the U.S., with an estimated 230,000 advanced-degree STEM jobs going unfilled by 2018.
    Additionally, more H-1B workers mean more jobs for American workers – according to a study by the American Enterprise Institute, for every additional 100 H-1B workers, 183 jobs are created for U.S. citizens.

Help retain the high-skilled workers that are trained in the U.S. by allowing “dual intent.”

This would allow foreign students at U.S. colleges and universities to enter the U.S. on a temporary H-1B visa if they intend to get a Green Card once they complete their studies.
    Currently, about 300,000 students come to America annually to be educated, but are required to return home upon completing their education.

Create block grants for states to promote STEM education in their public schools by raising H-1B fees.

These block grants will encourage educating our children in these high demand fields, opening more doors of opportunity to future generations. According to the Joint Economic Committee, between 2010 and 2020, demand for STEM graduates is expected to grow by 17 percent, while employment for those graduates will increase only 14 percent, partly because American graduates are not available or qualified to fill these jobs.
    The block grant program would be funded by raising H-1B fees from $750 to $1,250 for businesses with fewer than 25 employees, and from $1,500 to $2,500 for those with 25 or more employees.

Full text of the amendment may be viewed at http://www.judiciary.senate.gov/legislation/immigration/amendments.cfm
Related From The Press Office

Sen. Cruz Joins More Than 200 Members of Congress in Filing Amicus Brief to Block EPA’s Attempt to Transform the Nation’s Electricity Sector
    Read More
    >
    The News with Sen. Cruz - February 12, 2016
    Read More
    >
    Cruz, Sessions Introduce Legislation to Help ICE Agents Enforce Immigration Laws
    Read More
    >

Press Office
Services For Texans

Agency Assistance
    Flag Requests
    Student Resources
    Meeting Requests
    Tour Requests
    Email Sen. Cruz

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 02:49:24 pm »
Let us do the math

Trump 1500 temporary manual labor jobs vrs 325,000 High tech high paid permanent jobs ANNUALLY

And NR wants to claim  "Trump ♥ Foreign Workers"?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 02:55:56 pm »
Let us do the math

Trump 1500 temporary manual labor jobs vrs 325,000 High tech high paid permanent jobs ANNUALLY

And NR wants to claim  "Trump ♥ Foreign Workers"?

NR does point out that if this was just the H1B issue (legal immigration) it would be not a winning point, but like Billy Mays said... But wait, there's more...

Trump is the only one there to hire massive amounts if illegal immigrants- and he was fined by NY for doing so upwards of a million dollars.
Trump is also the only one to outsource as many as, if not more jobs outside the US as he hired here in the US.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 03:00:46 pm »
I'm more interested in data then soundbites. Seems to me the candidate who wrapped himself in the white robes of political purity ends up more damaged by the dirt of politics then the candidate who make no pretense of perfection.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 03:07:04 pm »
I'm more interested in data then soundbites. Seems to me the candidate who wrapped himself in the white robes of political purity ends up more damaged by the dirt of politics then the candidate who make no pretense of perfection.
Only because the latter candidate's supporters completely ignore and deny all accusations of wrongdoing.

Hey, Johnnie, let me give you a hint: immigration isn't even close to being the highest priority of mine, or many other American people. Yes, it's a concern, but there's so much more to this country than immigration. Our ongoing loss of freedoms is my personal biggest issue here; Donald Trump, with all of his bluster on how he's going to force everyone to do everything and how he likes the mandates and so forth, is quite possibly the WORST candidate for that job.

If you're interested in data, then you won't support a guy like Donald Trump who has ZERO data on him. He's never taken a vote on anything. He's never been in a position of political power to see how he would actually vote on something when he's in power. You're a perfect example of everything I've said about Donald Trump's base: they project what they want to see on a guy that has nothing. The only data he has is his net worth—and without releasing his tax returns (which, admittedly, is his prerogative), we have no idea if even that is true.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 03:25:49 pm »
NR does point out that if this was just the H1B issue (legal immigration) it would be not a winning point, but like Billy Mays said... But wait, there's more...

Trump is the only one there to hire massive amounts if illegal immigrants- and he was fined by NY for doing so upwards of a million dollars.
Trump is also the only one to outsource as many as, if not more jobs outside the US as he hired here in the US.

More of the story...

Sometime between 1979 and 1980, Trump hired a contractor to demolish an old building in midtown Manhattan to make way for Trump Tower. The contractor signed on workers from a local union and, to meet Trump’s tight deadline, also brought on 200 undocumented laborers from Poland dubbed the "Polish Brigade."
The Polish employees were off-the-books, working 12-hour shifts seven days a week for $4 to $5 an hour, with no overtime. Some workers were never paid what they were owed.
In 1983, union members sued a union boss, Trump and his contractor for cheating the union out of pension and welfare funds by hiring the Polish Brigade. Trump owed the union pension fund $1 million, the plaintiffs said.

http://www.nbc26.com/news/national/fact-check-rubio-claims-trump-hired-polish-immigrant-worker

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2016, 01:51:21 am »
jmyrle wrote above:
"Hey, Johnnie, let me give you a hint: immigration isn't even close to being the highest priority of mine, or many other American people. Yes, it's a concern, but there's so much more to this country than immigration"

JMyrle, I hereby award you the Fishrrman "2016 Angela Merkel Ein Volk award" ...

Because there's "so much more" to keeping your country "YOUR country" than immigration.

Ask the German-fraulein-en-der-strasse about that!

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2016, 01:58:20 am »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2016, 02:15:42 am »

If they are from Eastern Europe then it is OK..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org