Author Topic: Rafael Cruz Slams Trump and Evangelicals Who Vote for Him  (Read 752 times)

Offline flowers

Rafael Cruz Slams Trump and Evangelicals Who Vote for Him
« on: February 25, 2016, 10:04:28 pm »
http://www.mediaite.com/online/rafael-cruz-slams-trump-and-evangelicals-who-vote-for-him/

The question was a great one because Cruz’s son Ted Cruz is running for president and was expected to dominate the Evangelical vote. Trump has somehow ended up doing that in spite of insults to the community and a demonstrated lack of ecclesiastical know-how. Because of this, Cruz was all too ready with his answer:

Well, I think that they’re defining evangelicals in a very loose manner. If we look at the numbers, those that are people that call themselves born-again Christians that are committed to the lord, we won overwhelmingly among that group. Unfortunately — and this is a message that I have been carrying to America, as you said, for several years — there are too many people in the church that have actually become lax about the word of God, that they are being more concerned with being politically correct than being biblically correct, they have diluted the word of God in order to be palatable to everyone.

Questioning someone’s faith didn’t work well for Pope Francis or for Jeb Bush, but it has been a winning strategy for Trump, so maybe the older Cruz is onto something here. Then again, Trump has already

Offline Longiron

Re: Rafael Cruz Slams Trump and Evangelicals Who Vote for Him
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 10:34:13 pm »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 10:51:09 pm »
If Sen. Cruz had better judgment, he would have kept his father, Glenn Beck, his campaign manager and communications director entirely out of his campaign.

None have helped him. But I think this lack of judgment and managerial ability is good to get out in the open.

Running organizations usually involves having three to ten direct reports. You delegate authority to them. For this to work they must know your priorities and values, and execute in ways which do not discredit and harm you.

Business people do this and become skilled. Senators and Solicitors General not so much.

Headline: Cruz' father says "Christians that vote for Trump are not really good Christians. The only good Christians vote for my son, Ted Cruz."

There is ample time for this to make the rounds, before Texas' primary. Maybe no impact, or maybe it harms. Or maybe they can have Glenn Beck step in and clear it all up.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 12:10:03 am »
If Sen. Cruz had better judgment, he would have kept his father, Glenn Beck, his campaign manager and communications director entirely out of his campaign.

None have helped him. But I think this lack of judgment and managerial ability is good to get out in the open.

Running organizations usually involves having three to ten direct reports. You delegate authority to them. For this to work they must know your priorities and values, and execute in ways which do not discredit and harm you.

Business people do this and become skilled. Senators and Solicitors General not so much. 

Well stated.

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 12:27:50 am »

Headline: Cruz' father says "Christians that vote for Trump are not really good Christians. The only good Christians vote for my son, Ted Cruz."

There is ample time for this to make the rounds, before Texas' primary. Maybe no impact, or maybe it harms. Or maybe they can have Glenn Beck step in and clear it all up.
yes he should have kept dad out of it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 12:31:13 am »
I've listened to multiple evangelical radio hosts and serious commentators, and their reaction is the same. 

They don't think that any evangelical should be supporting Trump because of his lack of personal character and morality.

I know some are, but I don't know how, unless they ignore basic Christian tenets (which is obviously what they are doing).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 12:36:57 am »
http://www.mediaite.com/online/rafael-cruz-slams-trump-and-evangelicals-who-vote-for-him/

...there are too many people in the church that have actually become lax about the word of God, that they are being more concerned with being politically correct than being biblically correct, they have diluted the word of God in order to be palatable to everyone...

This has always been a problem.  Jesus complained about it.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 01:16:33 am »
Might not have to worry about who votes for TRUMP?

:whistle:

http://northamericanlawcenter.org/ted-cruz-is-in-the-u-s-senate-illegally/#.Vs-AgPA8Kh8
From the same author: (http://www.newswithviews.com/JBWilliams/williams310.htm)

The following GOP candidates should not even be in the race for the reasons stated below.

Carson 9.7% (In way over his head)
Rubio 7.3% (constitutionally ineligible, anchor baby)
Cruz 7.3% (constitutionally ineligible, Canadian at Birth)
Fiorina 6.3% (a political fraud)
Paul 4.3% (a political fraud)
Kasich 4.3% (a stone cold loser)
Huckabee 4.3% (a stone cold loser)
Christie 3.3% (a stone cold loser)
Perry 1.3% (a stone cold loser)
Santorum 1% (constitutionally ineligible, anchor baby)
Jindal .7% (constitutionally ineligible, anchor baby)
Graham .3% (a political fraud)
His favorite three candidates were Trump, Jeb and Scott Walker. Read into that what you will.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024