Author Topic: Donald Trump: 'Nobody Reads Bible More Than Me; John Kerry Hasn't Read the Bible'  (Read 3518 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.christianpost.com/news/donald-trump-nobody-reads-bible-more-than-me-john-kerry-158651/

The billionaire businessman then said:

"Obviously Kerry did not read The Art of the Deal. Probably didn't read the Bible, either."

Kerry is a devout Catholic. He spoke about his faith in a Dec., 2013, interview with ABC News, and described how reading the Bible helped him understand that suffering is part of God's plan.

"You read the letters of St. Paul and you read other parts of the scripture and it talks about suffering and it talks about adversity. And I sort of began to put that in a better place. Not see it so much as, you know, a determinative God who makes every decision for everything that happens. But rather creates a framework within which we're responsible for making things happen," Kerry said at the time.

The Hill pointed out that on Tuesday, Trump touted his engagement with the holy book:

"Nobody reads the Bible more than me," Trump declared ahead of his third consecutive win in the GOP primary in the Nevada caucuses.

Trump has insisted that he is a committed Christian despite making some gaffes related to the Bible.

He described "Second Corinthians" as "Two Corinthians" at Liberty University earlier this year after the verse was provided to him by Family Research Council's Tony Perkins. Perkins said that he can accept the blame for Trump's gaffe at the time, since he wrote some helpful notes which referenced "2 Corinthians 3:17," but said that Trump's mistake "shows that he's not familiar with Bible."

Trump called the Bible his favorite book back in August 2015, but then refused to name his favorite verse when asked repeatedly in an interview on Bloomberg's "With All Due Respect."

"I wouldn't want to get into it. Because to me, that's very personal," Trump explained at the time. "The Bible means a lot to me, but I don't want to get into specifics."

Then later he claimed his favorite verse is "never bend to envy," which is not in the Bible.

Trump says he is a Presbyterian and a member of Marble Collegiate Church, but Marble Collegiate is not a Presbyterian church and has no record of Trump being a member.

The GOP frontrunner has also insisted that he has a "great relationship" with God and with evangelical voters.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Simply preposterous. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline NavyCanDo

Wonder how many times he has read "Two Corinthians"?

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline NavyCanDo

Trump is a pathological liar and a Liberal. Why don't people get that?

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline andy58-in-nh

Wonder how many times he has read "Two Corinthians"?

"So these two Corinthians walk into a bar...."
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Wingnut

"So these two Corinthians walk into a bar...."

"Ah, yes, Ricardo Montalban -- genuine Corinthian leather!"

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Well, he DOES have a great relationship with evangelicals - so many of them are voting for him!

So many here, judging a man's faith, propping themselves up as the arbiter of who is really Christian and who is not.  I know one of my favorite Bible verses:

Proverbs 16:18 - Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

You can say Trump is proud and haughty - but that sword cuts BOTH ways, my friends!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

Trump says he is a Presbyterian and a member of Marble Collegiate Church, but Marble Collegiate is not a Presbyterian church and has no record of Trump being a member.

Lie after lie after lie don't mean a thing to Trumpkins.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Well, he DOES have a great relationship with evangelicals - so many of them are voting for him!

So many here, judging a man's faith, propping themselves up as the arbiter of who is really Christian and who is not.  I know one of my favorite Bible verses:

Proverbs 16:18 - Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

You can say Trump is proud and haughty - but that sword cuts BOTH ways, my friends!

How could you write that with a straight face?  "Pride" and "haughty" are the names of Trump's dogs.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mountaineer

So many here, judging a man's faith, propping themselves up as the arbiter of who is really Christian and who is not.   
You're right, none of us should be judging another person's relationship with God. However, when he says he's a member of a particular church - but isn't - that's not judging his faith but his truthfulness. He could be a good Christian even if he didn't belong to a particular church, but why not just tell the truth about it?

Jesus said,  "Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes, nor figs from thistles, are they? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit; but the bad tree bears bad fruit. ... Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven." Matt. 7:15-17, 21.

I think it's fair to look at any person who claims to be a Christian, whether Trump, Kerry, Cruz, Obama, your cousin or anyone else, and evaluate whether they produce good fruit (what can be observed from their words and actions) or bad.

Offline flowers

Lie after lie after lie don't mean a thing to Trumpkins.
I just went to their website, I have to give you this one sink!   :laugh:

Online mountaineer

Marble Collegiate is the church on 5th Avenue where the late Norman Vincent Peale was pastor. It's quite famous. Maybe that's why it came to mind when Trump wanted to say where he went to church.

Come to think of it, he probably has visited it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 08:23:16 pm by mountaineer »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
He stopped at the story of when the golden calf was made and thought it was about him. I  think he misunderstood the point of the pieces of silver story and thought Judas was just another politician to buy off.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 07:46:13 pm by AbaraXas »

HonestJohn

"Ah, yes, Ricardo Montalban -- genuine Corinthian leather!"

So that's how it's made... you just skin two Corinthians.

( ^.^)

Online mountaineer

( ^.^)
Hold on, maybe we can find an appropriate Bible verse.    :pondering:

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
"Nobody reads the Bible more than me"

What kind of a creep makes a boast like that?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

The creep we're poised to nominate for President, silly. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline flowers

I gotta give this one to all the no Trump people.  :seeya:

Wingnut

( ^.^)

:thud: :silly:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
"Nobody reads the Bible more than me," Trump declared

:facepalm2:
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Wingnut

I think Trumps favorite verse is the Ezekiel 25:17 passage read in a Jules voice.

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you."

Offline ABX

( ^.^)

:silly:

Offline ABX

Potentially Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces.