Author Topic: Duncan Hunter backing Trump's White House bid  (Read 582 times)

Offline flowers

Duncan Hunter backing Trump's White House bid
« on: February 25, 2016, 12:04:14 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/270585-duncan-hunter-backing-trumps-white-house-bid

Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-Calif.) announced on Wednesday that he is endorsing Donald Trump following the real estate mogul's victory in Nevada’s GOP presidential caucuses.

“We don’t need a policy wonk as president,” Hunter told Politico. “We need a leader as president. I’m in, and I’ve been in.”

“I don’t think Trump wants my endorsement,” Hunter added, noting he has not spoken with the outspoken billionaire. “And that’s one reason why I like him.”

The California lawmaker also predicted more support from his colleagues for Trump's White House bid.

“I’ve liked Trump since the beginning,” Hunter said. “I think you may have some more Trump supporters in Congress. They just have to come out of the closest, so to speak.”

Hunter’s endorsement is Trump's second on Capitol Hill, following Rep. Chris Collins (R-N.Y.) earlier Wednesday.

Hunter told Politico that he supports T

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Duncan Hunter backing Trump's White House bid
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 12:10:08 am »
I wonder what problems Trump's detractor will have with Hunter ??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Duncan Hunter backing Trump's White House bid
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 12:26:44 pm »
I have no problem with Hunter. I like the guy. Trump on the other hand is the worst possible candidate ever for the GOP to nominate and yes I know he is presently leading and will probably win the GOP which would be a sad day for America. I don't understand Hunter's endorsement but I will not trash a guy who has fought on our side his whole career. The trashing of conservatives has mostly been Trump trashing NIkki Haley, GWB, Trey Gowdy, basically any conservative that stands against Trump is trashed by Trump. That is how he works.
(breaking my moratorium on posting outside the members-only section to say this)

I do understand it. Trump is running on a nationalist campaign platform very similar to the one Hunter's father ran in 2008, one that I proudly supported. It's natural that Hunter is supporting Trump on that level.

What angers me is that Hunter got 1% of the vote in 2008, and Trump is out there with about 40%. The difference? Money, fame and obnoxiousness. It just goes to show the disingenuous nature of the Trump base. They don't believe in what Trump's saying at all. They're just enamored by his celebrity.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024