Author Topic: Jeb Bush Apologizes to Donors for Failure of His Campaign  (Read 731 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jeb Bush Apologizes to Donors for Failure of His Campaign
« on: February 24, 2016, 10:46:59 pm »
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/02/24/jeb-bush-apologizes-to-donors-for-failure-of-his-campaign/

4:34 pm ET By Ashley Parker

Jeb Bush Apologizes to Donors for Failure of His Campaign

A tired-sounding Jeb Bush apologized to his major financial backers in a brief conference call on Wednesday afternoon, saying he never expected his presidential campaign to end so early, and in such disappointment.

“I’m sorry that it didn’t turn out the way that I intended,” Mr. Bush said, according to an audio recording of the call. “When I launched the campaign in front of three or four thousand people in Miami, I anticipated a different result.”

Mr. Bush, who dropped out of the presidential contest on Saturday night after a disappointing fourth-place finish in the South Carolina primary, acknowledged the unforeseen dynamic of the 2016 cycle, which featured an angry, frustrated electorate and a colorful cast of candidates.

“The reality was that you had a year of disruption, a year of outsiders making a compelling case to people who were deeply disaffected and angry, and I just didn’t get the breakthrough that I needed in the early states and felt it was important to not move on without a clear path to winning,” he said.

But, he added, he hoped that the nation would ultimately elect a like-minded Republican — though he did not name any of his rivals. “My hope is that a conservative will win the nomination and that he will go on to win the presidency, for our country’s sake, and I intend to do whatever I can to make that happen, now as a private citizen,” he said.

The former governor of Florida said that since returning home to Miami with his wife, he had visited the gym and was “sleeping really well.”

“I was amazed at the press coverage of the campaign and the lack of reality, to at least how I felt the campaign was,” he said. “For me it was an incredible joy, an incredible honor and privilege to be a candidate for president.”

And, he apologized again. “It was an amazing group of people,” Mr. Bush said. “I’m sorry it didn’t work out as I said.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Re: Jeb Bush Apologizes to Donors for Failure of His Campaign
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 11:08:37 pm »
 :nometalk:

Offline Carling

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 11:14:59 pm »
"I'm sorry I can't return the favors politically.  Hopefully Marco catches fire and the tens of millions you spent aren't completely for naught."

That's what he said, right?
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 11:19:50 pm »

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 11:26:38 pm »
“I was amazed at the press coverage of the campaign and the lack of reality, to at least how I felt the campaign was,
  whose lack of reality? Anyone help me on that.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 11:27:07 pm »
He came.  He spent.  He saw. He spent.   He spoke. He spent. He lost.

Offline Carling

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 11:32:11 pm »
  whose lack of reality? Anyone help me on that.

"It was Jebbie's turn!!  Why can't I be President Daddy!?  It was my turn!"

Sorry Jeb, the actions of your establishment party brought you down more than your name did.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 11:33:29 pm »
WHY THE BUSH DYNASTY FELL

But if nothing else, the Jeb Bush defeat is a very big moment in the modern history of the GOP. The Fall of the House of Bush (as various headlines would have it) is precisely a reminder of the difference between Reaganites and Bushies. Or, as it were, the conservative base and the GOP Establishment.

What went wrong with all those defeats and too-close-for-comfort victories? It wasn’t the Bushes — good and decent people. It was the Bush 41 (and Dole, Bush 43, McCain and Romney) Establishment. Which in turn was the modern version of Thomas E. Dewey and all those GOP losers from the 1930s and 1940s when GOP candidates insisted on being some form of Democrat-lite.

This old, creaking, and repeatedly losing politics has in the modern era become weighted down with another serious liability.

The conservative Outside-the-Beltway base of the GOP has come to this understanding. Big government in its literal Washington form begets, among other things, a GOP lobbyist/donor/consultant class that in fact is in total agreement with Democrats when it comes to big government. Why? Because they make their living off of it.

http://www.teapartytribune.com/2016/02/24/why-the-bush-dynasty-fell/