Author Topic: Mitt Romney on the 'Failure' of Political Leaders: 'We're Just Mad as Hell'  (Read 621 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=715940

Newsmax
Mitt Romney on the 'Failure' of Political Leaders: 'We're Just Mad as Hell'
Wednesday, February 24, 2016 03:41 PM

By: Cathy Burke

Washington and its political leaders have failed Americans, and voters are "mad as hell" about it, Mitt Romney says of the unconventional 2016 White House race.

In an appearance at Babson College in Wellesley, Mass., the 2012 GOP presidential nominee said he understands how voters' exasperation is fueling the dominance of non-traditional candidates, the Washington Post reports.

"Certainly part of what is behind the energy and the passion for Donald Trump on the Republican side and [Vermont Sen.] Bernie Sanders on the Democratic side is the frustration and anger people feel in this country," Romney said, the Post reports.

Their success, he added, is a "projection on them by the American public that they're at least going to do something. They're going to make something happen."

But if either win their party's nomination, it could just as well trigger a third-party bid by former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, he said, the Post reports.

"He'd probably be getting in," Romney said. "I think he would recognize that there is a chance for a centrist candidate."

In his speech, Romney urged GOP leaders to take on more of the "major challenges" the nation faces.

"We're just mad as hell and won't take it anymore," Romney said of  voters' frustration with "the failure of current political leaders to actually tackle major challenges, or to try at least, or to go out with proposals."

"Think for a moment about the major challenges you believe this country faces and tick them off in your mind and ask, 'Are we making any real progress on any of them?'" he said.

Romney was mum on making an endorsement, saying "I probably will at some point," the Post reports.

"Before I would endorse somebody, I'd want to see their past taxes," he said, the Post reports. "We've got [Texas Sen. Ted] Cruz, [Florida Sen. Marco] Rubio and Trump — haven't released their tax returns. And I'd like to know, you know, have they paid taxes? How much money they made. So we haven't seen that yet. I'd like to see that."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Mitt had some strong coffee this morning!
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline MBB1984

Mitt had some strong coffee this morning!

Mitt Romney is the poster boy for GOP incompetence.  Interesting to see him pick up the democrat talking points on tax returns.  I suppose he has been violating the privacy laws along with Harry Reid.

Offline Longiron

Kind of funny MITTENS calling anyone a failure in the political world. No one forgot MITTENS. YOU should be running for his your 2nd  term now and getting donations from TRUMP.  What a LOSER! :patriot:

Offline flowers

He is another one I don't understand why anyone listens to him.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Romney:
"Washington and its political leaders have failed Americans..."

Preach it, Mitt.
You wrote the book on this one.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Mitt Romney on the 'Failure' of Political Leaders

Go away Mitt.  No one is interested in your autobiography.   :#@$%:

Offline sinkspur

Typical.

Trashing a good and decent man like Mitt while supporting gutter trash like Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Typical.

Trashing a good and decent man like Mitt while supporting gutter trash like Trump.

Sink, you really should find a way to charge Trump rent for living in your head.  I'm sure he can afford it.   :smokin:

Offline sinkspur

Sink, you really should find a way to charge Trump rent for living in your head.  I'm sure he can afford it.   :smokin:

He'd find a way to screw me over. It's what he does.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

He'd find a way to screw me over.   

Hmmm.... so you'd lose?  In all candor, Sink, I'm a little conflicted here.   :pondering:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 03:28:08 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline R4 TrumPence

Thank you both for my laugh for the evening!  :silly:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02