Author Topic: Duncan Hunter backing Trump's White House bid  (Read 317 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Duncan Hunter backing Trump's White House bid
« on: February 24, 2016, 04:45:41 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/270585-duncan-hunter-backing-trumps-white-house-bid

February 24, 2016, 11:27 am
Duncan Hunter backing Trump's White House bid

By Mark Hensch

Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-Calif.) announced on Wednesday that he is endorsing Donald Trump following the real estate mogul's victory in Nevada’s GOP presidential primary caucuses.

“We don’t need a policy wonk as president,” Hunter told Politico. “We need a leader as president. I’m in, and I’ve been in.”

“I don’t think Trump wants my endorsement,” Hunter added, noting he has not spoken with the outspoken billionaire. “And that’s one reason why I like him.”

The California lawmaker also predicted more support from his colleagues for Trump's White House bid.

“I’ve liked Trump since the beginning,” Hunter said. “I think you may have some more Trump supporters in Congress. They just have to come out of the closest, so to speak.”

Hunter’s endorsement is Trump's second on Capitol Hill, following Rep. Chris Collins (R-N.Y.) earlier Wednesday.

Hunter told Politico that he supports Trump because of their similar positions on border security, manufacturing and national security.

Hunter sponsored legislation last year dubbed “The Donald Trump” act by critics, the news outlet added. It would have required local law enforcement in sanctuary cities to notify Immigration and Customs Enforcement if they have an undocumented immigrant in their custody.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Duncan Hunter backing Trump's White House bid
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 04:47:48 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/270580-trump-picks-up-first-congressional-endorsement

February 24, 2016, 11:00 am
Trump picks up first congressional endorsement

By Mark Hensch

GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump has secured his first formal endorsement from a member of Congress.

Rep. Chris Collins (R-N.Y.) announced Wednesday that he is backing Trump, according to The Buffalo News.

“Donald Trump has clearly demonstrated that he has both the guts and the fortitude to return our nation’s jobs stolen by China, take on our enemies like ISIS, Iran, North Korea and Russia, and, most importantly, reestablish the opportunity for our children and grandchildren to attain the American Dream,” Collins said in a statement.

“That’s why I am proud to endorse him as the next president of the United States. We need a president willing to make the tough decisions to restore our country to greatness. I believe that Donald Trump is the man for the job, and I am proud to provide him with my support.”

Collins also argued that Trump’s extensive business background makes him the most qualified contender for the Oval Office.

“If we want to get our nation’s economy growing again and deal with the daunting financial fiscal issues threatening America’s future, it’s time to say 'no' to professional politicians and 'yes' to someone who has created jobs and grown a business,” he said.

“The results of Barack Obama’s failed presidency has been devastating,” Collins continued. “The last thing we need is a third Obama term, while we would get with either [Democratic presidential front-runner] Hillary Clinton or [Sen.] Bernie Sanders [I-Vt.].

“America has the potential to once again be the land of opportunity. Donald Trump understands the importance of American exceptionalism and has the unique qualifications to make America great again.”

Collins previously supported former Gov. Jeb Bush (R-Fla.), who suspended his own White House run after an underwhelming fourth-place finish in last weekend’s GOP presidential primary in South Carolina.

Trump, meanwhile, won his third consecutive early voting contest late Tuesday evening with a victory in Nevada.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 04:51:49 pm »
That in my view is a good endorsement. Hinter is a conservative's conservative.

But also a practical and pragmatic man, by endorsing what looks like the best chance to win in November.

He went to Western States College of Law, sort of a low-brow yet practical pragmatic option.

So with his college background, the elitists here may give him credibility, I don't really know.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 04:58:58 pm »
That in my view is a good endorsement. Hinter is a conservative's conservative.

But also a practical and pragmatic man, by endorsing what looks like the best chance to win in November.

Except the polls aren't showing that. I'm wondering how Trump is preparing for that reality, thinking that 45% is a majority.
The Republic is lost.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 04:59:48 pm »
Two excellent endorsements!

Isn't Rep. Hunter also a veteran?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 05:13:07 pm »
I was a supporter of his Dad; Duncan Lee Hunter.  This is perhaps kind of a Ron Paul v. Rand Paul scenario in which I like the father much better.

Secondly, an endorsement is one thing, whether people agree with the endorsement is quite another.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.