Author Topic: Ben Carson: Barack Obama ‘Raised White’ and ‘Didn’t Grow Up Like I Grew Up’  (Read 852 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
GOP presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson says President Obama was “raised white.” Carson made the comment during an interview with POLITICO’s “Off Message” podcast, where he discussed race relations in America.

“He’s an ‘African’ American. He was, you know, raised white,” the retired neurosurgeon stated.

I mean, like most Americans, I was proud that we broke the color barrier when he was elected, but … he didn’t grow up like I grew up … Many of his formative years were spent in Indonesia. So, for him to, you know, claim that, you know, he identifies with the experience of black Americans, I think, is a bit of a stretch.

Carson grew up in poverty with a single mother. He shared with Politico his thoughts on racism in Detroit during the 1960’s. Politico reported that Carson suggested that it is something “that Barack Obama could never understand.”...

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/23/ben-carson-barack-obama-raised-white-didnt-grow-up-like-i-grew-up/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Well, he's right.

Offline libertybele

Well, he's right.

He may be correct, but I'm trying to figure out the relevancy as to how that comment is going to help boost him in the polls. Why oh why is he still even running?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
He may be correct, but I'm trying to figure out the relevancy as to how that comment is going to help boost him in the polls. Why oh why is he still even running?

I can't answer that one.

Offline musiclady

Barack Obama was raised by a white Communist.

I don't mind that Carson is bringing the subject up.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

It is my understanding Carson was saying Obama has done nothing for the Black community in the past 7 years because he was not privy to the black experience like Carson growing up here in the USA.  Hence black people should vote for him because he is "black" like them... or something along those lines.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 07:39:43 pm by Wingnut »

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
That's gonna leave a mark!
The Republic is lost.

Wingnut

Barack Obama was raised by a white Communist.

If Obama's moma would have like white boys Barry's dad could have been Bernie Sanders.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Wait.  If he was raised in Indonesia, wouldn't that mean he was raised yellow?  Which explains a lot, actually.