Author Topic: Rubio to meet with Bush  (Read 347 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rubio to meet with Bush
« on: February 23, 2016, 11:21:53 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/270471-rubio-bush-agree-to-meet

February 23, 2016, 04:19 pm
Rubio to meet with Bush

By Harper Neidig

Republican presidential hopeful Marco Rubio has made plans to meet with former rival Jeb Bush, he said Tuesday, according to the New York Times.
“He’s just decompressing from this election,” Rubio said of the former Florida governor. “And trying to get going again in the rest of his life. But we’ll meet and talk soon enough.”

Before Bush dropped out of the GOP race, the two had attacked each other repeatedly. Bush often went after Rubio for his attendance record as a senator and for his relative inexperience.

Rubio seems to have moved past that contentious period, saying on Tuesday that "Things happen."

“But that’s never changed my feelings toward him. And I don’t think that has changed his feelings toward me,” he added.
A flood of influential GOP lawmakers have endorsed Rubio in the days since Bush dropped out, prompting speculation that the former Florida governor may throw his own support behind him as well.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ArneFufkin

Re: Rubio to meet with Bush
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 11:34:46 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/270471-rubio-bush-agree-to-meet

February 23, 2016, 04:19 pm
Rubio to meet with Bush

By Harper Neidig

Republican presidential hopeful Marco Rubio has made plans to meet with former rival Jeb Bush, he said Tuesday, according to the New York Times.
“He’s just decompressing from this election,” Rubio said of the former Florida governor. “And trying to get going again in the rest of his life. But we’ll meet and talk soon enough.”

Before Bush dropped out of the GOP race, the two had attacked each other repeatedly. Bush often went after Rubio for his attendance record as a senator and for his relative inexperience.

Rubio seems to have moved past that contentious period, saying on Tuesday that "Things happen."

“But that’s never changed my feelings toward him. And I don’t think that has changed his feelings toward me,” he added.
A flood of influential GOP lawmakers have endorsed Rubio in the days since Bush dropped out, prompting speculation that the former Florida governor may throw his own support behind him as well.

I don't know if anyone can stop the Trump tsunami but Marco has his stuff together.