Author Topic: GOP Establishment to Kasich: Get Out, You're in Rubio's Way  (Read 297 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Establishment to Kasich: Get Out, You're in Rubio's Way
« on: February 23, 2016, 02:13:13 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=715594

Newsmax
GOP Establishment to Kasich: Get Out, You're in Rubio's Way
Monday, February 22, 2016 08:31 PM

By: Greg Richter

Republican fundraiser Bobbie Kilberg got down to the nub of the issue in explaining why she wants GOP presidential candidate John Kasich to give up the ship.

"I think it is not helpful to have more than one mainstream candidate in this race," Kilberg tells Politico.

Like many in the party after the South Carolina primary, Kilberg says she sees Florida Sen. Marco Rubio as the only establishment-backed candidate with a legitimate chance to overcome the Donald Trump tidal wave and win the nomination, Politico reports.

Other GOP voices say Kasich is accomplishing nothing by staying in the race.

"They’re essentially trying to run a residual New Hampshire campaign in Massachusetts," a donor backing Rubio complained of the Kasich candidacy.

"They’re trying to go back to the well and it’s dry. John Kasich has every right to be in the race but he doesn’t have the right to be in the race if he’s not running a serious campaign — and a serious campaign would constitute ads in Vermont, ads in Massachusetts to get a win. Otherwise, he’s just prolonging."

Kasich told CNN's Wolf Blitzer Monday that there has been no pressure put on him from party insiders to call it a day.

"I haven't heard from any of the special interests to get me to drop out," he said.

"We're signing up some significant Republican fundraisers and our political organization is expanding as well."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34