Author Topic: Donald Trump, Jr. Speaks in Elko, NV (2-22-16)  (Read 792 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Donald Trump, Jr. Speaks in Elko, NV (2-22-16)
« on: February 23, 2016, 04:03:57 am »
Donald Trump, Jr. Speaks in Elko, NV (2-22-16)

The video is 39 minutes long.  Donald Trump, Jr. is smart and very down to earth.  He makes an excellent case for his father - if you only watch a few minutes of it - I think you will be impressed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IqfRbjcpDY&feature=youtu.be
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

Re: Donald Trump, Jr. Speaks in Elko, NV (2-22-16)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 04:06:01 am »
God, what a zombie. He's as joyless and humorless as his dad.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 03:30:14 pm »
Thanks for posting that, Alice.  We watched it last evening too.  He is a very impressive young man, I can see why his father is proud of him, and willing to allow him and his siblings to take over the family businesses.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 03:37:18 pm »

Sheesh. I could name a few first families I'm not proud of.

The Trump family in the White House would be a breath of fresh air after the last occupants.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 03:43:15 pm »
Sheesh. I could name a few first families I'm not proud of.

The Trump family in the White House would be a breath of fresh air after the last occupants.

They'd all be there, for sure.  Beverly Hillbillies East.

Thank God for the law that forbids the president to reward family members with cabinet posts.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 04:20:35 pm »
Aw Sink, you posted your reply just a few minutes after I put the video on - there's no way you did more than take a cursory glance at it and then made a negative (surprise!) comment on it.  If you had taken just 5 minutes or more to really look at it, you would have seen an impressive young man that was stumping for his dad and doing a damn fine job of it! 

Donald Trump is a man that doesn't do prepared speeches - he talks in a stream of consciousness way that admittedly, gets him in trouble sometimes.  One thing is for sure - he says what he thinks!  If it goes through his brain, it comes out of his mouth!  I find it refreshing and at the same time, sometimes it makes me wince!  But he gets it, and he doesn't need a focus group to say it.  I love that he kills political correctness!

His son, Donald Jr, on the other hand - has an excellent grasp of the issues and can articulate his father's positions without a moment of hesitation.  I started to watch for just a few minutes and ended up watching the whole thing.  He is very impressive and such an asset to his father's campaign!  All of his kids are!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 04:23:37 pm »
They'd all be there, for sure.  Beverly Hillbillies East. 

Come on, Sink.  Even you have to admit this comment is pretty silly.  Why not take an hour off, get some air, mingle among people, regroup and then come back with the class of insult we've come to expect from you.

Just a thought ....  ^-^

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 05:34:38 pm »
By the way, that's exactly what happened. I had just finished listening to Trump's comment in context...just as the gnashing of teeth began. Predictable, and funny at this point.

It really is!  There's a lot of people, right here on this forum, that are obviously going through the stages of grief, as they see their candidate losing an election that they really had pinned everything on.  I understand that feeling, having gone through it so many times myself.  It sucks for sure, so I try to cut them a little slack.  I know how they're feeling. 

Soon enough, many of them will start to accept the reality of the situation and forge on.  Those people will realize that the choice between a GOP candidate you don't like (really, really, don't like at all) and Hillary! or somebody like her - is a matter of voting for the devil you don't know, rather than the devil you do.  Those who say they won't vote, or will vote third party, or will write in someone's name - are part of the reason we don't win presidential elections anymore.  I've never not voted, and I've always said I would vote for our nominee, whoever it will be. 

We all need to pray for this country, and we need to pray hard.  Whatever happens, it will happen because God is letting it happen.  We can't override that, as hard as we want to.  If we have prayed, then we must accept the outcome as God's will and we have to deal with the reality of that.  He works in mysterious ways and we don't have the capability of understanding God's Long Game.  We just have to leave it in his hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM_p1Az05Jo